Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:57:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 51
Total: 51

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Nutrition and Diet Tips for Maintaining a Healthy Liver  (Read 9114 times)

Offline iana5252

• Administrator
Nutrition and Diet Tips for Maintaining a Healthy Liver
« on: January 14, 2014, 12:50:59 pm »
Hep Blogger and Forums member Karen Hoyt (handle: karenhoyt) shares some tips on forming good nutrition habits to help keep your liver happy and healthy in her latest blog post.

Forming Good Nutritional Habits

We tend to think of habits as something to give up. What if a habit was good for you? It is easy to feel out of control when you learn you have Hepatitis C. Getting that diagnosis can propel you into a world that is filled with frustration. You look down at your body and feel disconnected. Everything you thought was true now seems to be shaky. While you are learning about the Hepatitis C Virus, treatment options, and recovery, it is helpful to look for things that you have power over. One of those things is nutrition. The quickest way to feel better fast with Hepatitis C is to form good nutritional habits.

Our liver metabolizes everything that we eat. When you have the Hepatitis C virus it is important to protect your liver from having to work so hard. Keep in mind that a good diet will NOT cure the virus and does NOT substitute for medication. However, the proper foods can work with the medication to help keep your body in balance while fighting the Hep C Dragon. When my liver decompensated, I was refused treatment. By proving to my doctor that I could make changes, I was able to survive and get rid of the virus! Making some adjustments was easy when my life was counting on it.

Click here to read the full blog...
http://blogs.hepmag.com/karenhoyt/2014/01/hepatitis_nutrition_tips.html

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.