Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:18:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 86
Total: 86

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Well on my way  (Read 8214 times)

Offline jabbo

Well on my way
« on: January 14, 2014, 01:50:23 pm »
I am sorry to have been away so long. I am in my eighth week of dual therapy with peg-intron and ribavirin.  I was undetectable at 4 weeks, so the news looks good. It has been a roller coaster ride of side effects. The first 4 weeks were awful with all kinds of side effects, the last 3 have not been so bad except for being tired all the time and sick for a few days. Hep. c treatment  is loads of fun, isn't it ?!!?!!!!?

Thank every one for your support and encouragement, it really helps. I wish you all the best,  Jeff

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
Re: Well on my way
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 11:08:40 pm »
Oh Jeff - was hoping you would have an easier time. You sound like a trooper. Remind me - why dual therapy?
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline jberlin

• Global Moderator
  • Contracted Hep C in 76, treated 2004 & 2012, cured
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 09:40:35 am »
Jeff,

Focus on the REALLY GREAT NEWS that the treatment is working.  And it is a great weight loss plan as well? I am joining your cheering section because I know how tough this is.  What I did was count down days so I could remind myself every day that I was one day closer to the finish.  Are you going 24 or 48 weeks?  On my first dual therapy treatment I did not go UD UNTIL 24 weeks, so you rock!

Remember, hydration, rest and your best friend ibuprofin! Keep us informed, or if you just feel like chatting!  Hang in there!

Best wishes,
jack

Offline jabbo

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 05:19:59 pm »
Thanks for your replies Lucinda and Jack. My original doctor prescribed triple therapy and 48 weeks of treatment. I still do not understand why. My current doctor seemed to think that the dual therapy for 24 weeks was enough and apparently he is right, I sure hope so. 48 weeks of this would be tough. I can handle whatever this treatment throws at me, but I will be happy to get it over with. Thanks to both of you for your advice and support.  Thanks again Lucinda  for your great books, they have been a huge help.    Jeff

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 06:01:24 pm »
Glad the books help. Jack is right - lots of water and stay in touch. Love your attitude.
Lucinda
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.