Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:49:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 85
Total: 85

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Anyone on dual Sovaldi and Olysio describe the side effects?  (Read 285424 times)

Offline willieford47

Re: Anyone on dual Sovaldi and Olysio describe the side effects?
« Reply #200 on: August 27, 2014, 04:04:28 pm »
Been on Sovaldi and Olysio since Saturday and the only side effects that I have had is mill headaches. I've been going outside in shorts and tee-shirts but I put on Walgreen Broad Spectrum SPF 90 UVA/UVB protection around about 11:00 am. I walk each morning and be outside between 6:00 am and 8:00 am without any sunscreen. I'm a transplant recipient eight years out with no problems except the virus.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 04:07:09 pm by willieford47 »

Offline wordforthewise1

« Reply #201 on: August 27, 2014, 08:27:25 pm »
Wilieford47, hoping the best for you with S/O treatment.   But do be careful about being out in the sun.  I 'm on week two of S/O and I have had no sun sensitivity until today when I went out without a sun hat nor dark enough sunglasses, I had an umbrella only and sunscreen on my face.  What a mistake and now I'm paying for it.  I was out for about 4 hours this afternoon, my husband was driving but the sun rays came right through the car window.  My eyes have been burning, my head aches, my right shoulder and right arm hurts and I'm nauseated.  Ibuprofen is helping some.   I felt so good this morning so I thought I could lighten-up on my cover-ups for sun protection.  I was wrong.
Just be careful, don't want what happened to me happen to you.  Otherwise, smooth sailing.

Sharon

Offline Bucky

« Reply #202 on: August 28, 2014, 12:36:19 pm »
Been on Sovaldi and Olysio since Saturday and the only side effects that I have had is mill headaches. I've been going outside in shorts and tee-shirts but I put on Walgreen Broad Spectrum SPF 90 UVA/UVB protection around about 11:00 am. I walk each morning and be outside between 6:00 am and 8:00 am without any sunscreen. I'm a transplant recipient eight years out with no problems except the virus.

Willieford47,    I see that this was your first post so welcome! It is wonderful to hear that you are eight years post transplant. I can remember when LTs were first being preformed five years was about as long as anyone survived. Now I read about people living many many years with new parts. I only know one person who had a transplant and he died three months post op. Hep C did not destroy his liver, he had hemochromatosis (iron overload).  My last biopsy was preformed to check that I did not have this or any other problems in preparation to begin treatment.
Two weeks & two days left on S&O.....yes I am counting down!
Bucky
I HAVE SLAYED THE DRAGON.....CURED SVR24!

Offline drayd4

« Reply #203 on: August 30, 2014, 10:58:00 am »
Hi guys ,just wanted to update Carols progress she's now starting week 7 we've struggled through. week 5-6 she's taking S&O and ribavirin . she's one of the few having problems with anemia .during week 5&6 she's had 6 units of blood and I'm sure before week 12 she's gonna have more. she was undetected at 4 weeks and her confusion has improved. yesterday at her family dr. labs were very good all her enzymes but 2 were right on the mark and the 2 weren't far off. her dr. said in 6 years she's treated her they have never been this good . she said the meds were working . great !!! Mind you she was told there was nothing more they could do for her until S&O was approved by FDA . so hang in there guys there's hope . good luck to all and fight the good fight ...

Offline wordforthewise1

« Reply #204 on: August 30, 2014, 12:18:04 pm »
Hi Drayd4, great news about Carol's progress, she's on her way to being cured!  Sorry about the anemia though it seems like it was probably the ribaviron causing it, the same happened to me last time I was on it.  My doc told me anemia is main side effect for ribaviron, so no more of that for me.  Hopefully the 6 units will keep Carol's blood levels in normal range.  As for me, I'm about to start week 3 of S/O, have only had a couple of bad days due to over exposure in the sun, feeling better now!   Take care, thanks for sharing Carol's good news.

Sharon (wordforthewise1@yahoo.com)

Offline Anette

• Soon just transplanted, not transplanted with Hep
« Reply #205 on: August 30, 2014, 12:42:44 pm »
Drayd4, Hi, When I went on riba treatment here in Sweden I received a drug in the form of a surenge called Aranesp. A sort of form of blood doping. And my anemia just disapered, is it a chanse that Carol also can have that,? it helps alot, belive me!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 12:44:46 pm by Anette »
Genotype 1a

Offline amocuatli

« Reply #206 on: August 31, 2014, 07:25:57 am »
I was on OLYSIO SOVALDI for three months--very few side effects, headache, hungry all the time, sun sensitivity; ( which was nothing compared to the clearheadedness and cleared up vision that I was also experiencing) at 4 weeks my blood test was detectable, but less than 15; at 8 weeks nondetectable; at 12 weeks nondetectable. I'm off the meds now for almost a week and I feel really really good-- if that's inferior, I'll take it!!
Hope this helps :)
Amo

Offline amocuatli

« Reply #207 on: September 01, 2014, 10:19:38 am »
I have ( can't say I'm cured until 3 more months and another test with results of undetectable ) Genome 1a/ no cirrhosis that being said I've had it for at least 20 years probably much longer and was beginning to have side effects.
Amo

Offline happy hepper

« Reply #208 on: September 01, 2014, 06:48:25 pm »
I sure hope you are cured!! For your sake and mine as well. I'm half way through S/O treatment, am undetected as well, and am hoping for the magic "CURED" word too! So if you're cured, seems like a better chance I will be! I hope we all make it! If not, there are enough new drugs coming out that I know something will work.
Damn, it's the waiting that is the  hardest part. It's good to stay busy and grateful!
Have a beautiful day! Jane

Offline wordforthewise1

« Reply #209 on: September 01, 2014, 08:15:13 pm »
 Happy Hepper, Amo,
 it's so encouraging to hear your good news!  Thanks for sharing!

Offline wordforthewise1

« Reply #210 on: September 01, 2014, 08:23:32 pm »
Meant ask you guys... Does / did anyone on S/O treatment get shortness of breath with some anxiety?  I've been on Lorazapam fo several years mainly to help me sleep, but for about 3 times I've had to take a small dose during the day to help me breath better and calm the anxiety feeling.  Just wondering if this will pass. Hoping and praying it will.  Thanks,

Sharon

Offline JohnJ

« Reply #211 on: September 02, 2014, 01:38:53 pm »

Took my last pills Saturday night and now it's a wait and see.  Have had very little side effects and am very thankful for that. Was undetected at end of two weeks so hopefully will remain that way.  Guess now it is just waiting for 12 weeks and see what happens. Everyone hang tough.

Offline texashon

« Reply #212 on: September 03, 2014, 06:26:20 pm »
I just got confirmation from the specialty pharmacy today that I have been approved for Sovaldi/Olysio at no cost to me.  I wasn't sure that was going to happen, so I didn't really research the side effects of these drugs, especially since my hepatologist said there really weren't any, maybe headaches the first couple weeks.  He did, however, mention the sensitivity to sun.  All I can say is I am glad that summer here in Texas is winding down or I would be in BIG trouble!  I was encouraged by reading the posts here, especially from people who are only on these two drugs and who said that there are minimal side effects EXCEPT for the sun sensitivity.  I am at Stage 1 with normal ALT/AST and not a very high viral load, but I am glad that I am going to be able to get rid of Hep C and not have to worry about it.

Offline Bucky

« Reply #213 on: September 03, 2014, 06:38:52 pm »
I just got confirmation from the specialty pharmacy today that I have been approved for Sovaldi/Olysio at no cost to me.  I wasn't sure that was going to happen, so I didn't really research the side effects of these drugs, especially since my hepatologist said there really weren't any, maybe headaches the first couple weeks.  He did, however, mention the sensitivity to sun.  All I can say is I am glad that summer here in Texas is winding down or I would be in BIG trouble!  I was encouraged by reading the posts here, especially from people who are only on these two drugs and who said that there are minimal side effects EXCEPT for the sun sensitivity.  I am at Stage 1 with normal ALT/AST and not a very high viral load, but I am glad that I am going to be able to get rid of Hep C and not have to worry about it.
texashon,   First I am glad you were approved with you having minimal damage. This signals the fact that insurance companies are realizing that it cheaper to kill the virus than pay for  years of observation. Score one for the HepC warriors!
I haven't had many side effects to speak of. Sometimes I get a little tired, but I am nearly 60 so I take a nap and all is well after that. I really can't tolerated the heat. It is not just the sun, I just can't take the heat. This is not normal for me so I just go out at night to shop.
You will be fine.
Bucky

Offline texashon

« Reply #214 on: September 03, 2014, 09:15:56 pm »

Thanks for your reply.  I am 66 and a retired teacher, but I substitute to supplement my income.  I told my doctor that I have to work, and he assured me that I should be able to.  Headaches I can deal with; I get a lot of headaches anyway.  However, naps would be hard to take at school, so I guess it might be a lot of going to bed early.  By the way, if people are cleared of the virus before the 12 weeks are up, do they still continue treatment for the whole 12 weeks?

Offline Bucky

« Reply #215 on: September 04, 2014, 03:27:45 pm »
texashon   Well at the moment you have to do the whole 12 weeks. I hope it will pass fairly quickly for you. I only have a week left until I do the "Happy Dance". The meds made me sleepy so I started taking them about two hours before I went to bed. You need to eat something with some good fat to help with absorption of the Olysio. I eat cereal and some yogurt or a PBJ sandwich.
I have never had a headache while on these meds, just a problem with the heat. I am an outdoors person but this summer was spent mostly inside because of it.
Bucky

Offline texashon

« Reply #216 on: September 04, 2014, 04:12:49 pm »
Those are really good tips!  I have a problem sleeping anyway, so if the pills make me tired, that would be great!  I will also plan on having some peanut butter and yogurt around.

Offline relicman

« Reply #217 on: September 07, 2014, 07:29:24 am »
 still undetectable after 42 days of treatment , no significant side effects, a couple of mornings awoke with mild headache. not eating well, but have never been a big eater. being careful with sun exposure. I just want a BEER. HA-HA.  GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline oldmarco

« Reply #218 on: September 08, 2014, 09:37:17 am »
First months blood-work came back undetectable I'll have more info when I see my DR. on Wed. Someone I have a high protein shake for breakfast which has been helpful. Appetite better, less headaches, still sensitive to  sunlight and heat also as I live in Fla. so if you live in Fla you might want to take it starting in the fall. Everything seems to be ok.

Offline omeco

« Reply #219 on: September 08, 2014, 03:25:25 pm »
hello everybody, i would like to tell you my story.
i'm from holland so excuse me for my english.

i'm 55 years of age and was using heroine and cocaïne until i was 20.

now, years later, i'm happy married and have two beautifull daughters from  7 and 9.

last year my doctor discovered strange lab results in my blood and yes, i was positif on hep-c......

only posibility is, that i used a needle from a friesnd in my young years and i have the disease for 35 years now, without any complains!

they checked my liver and i have some fibrose, they wanted me to start with peginterferon en ribavirine and told me about the horrible side-effects from that medicins.

i told them that i suffered a few psychoses and depressions, so i was not really positif to start with the pills.

the doctor, told me to wait en stop alcohol totaly and wait for new medicins.

i did not stop alcohol totaly, but was drinking about 2 or tree bottles bear a day.

last week i got a phonecall that i can do a test with the new meds, for free!
12 weeks 1 pil a day without side effects they said.

so i stopped drinking immideately (that was a condition to join the project)and start next wednesday with the cure.

me and my wife are very happy.

on Sofosbuvir & GS-5816 trial since 8 dec '14
gen 4 fibr 3

Offline willie g

• geno 1 25million etc. s/o for treatment
« Reply #220 on: September 08, 2014, 04:31:49 pm »
welcome Holland, I was there in 1973 , i was stationed at rein mien [my spelling is bad] in Frankfurt when I decided to take a bus tour to your beautiful country.  FLOWERS FLOWERS FLOWERS  unreal,  I bought a pair of nice clogs while I was there,, off red,kinda cool, back then people in the states didn't know much about clogs at all  so when I went out on the town[farm town] and the folks saw them they asked ''willie, what the hell you wearing''?  ''clogs'' I replied,  and of course every cowboy boot wearing ass in the place loved the color too! lol  but I'm telling you they were so comfortable,, made out of leather and wood and cool soles,  now every Dr. housewife, and cowboys where them rubber ones,, he he  oh those were the days, sucking on German beer and smoking tons of hash.  anyway my friend welcome,i like this site and they haven't kicked me off yet lol  I am on my 3rd bottle [tues] of solvadi and oylisio,, great stuff [even though it hasn't helped my love life, wink, wink,lol anyone else experianceing those side effects?] I am geno 1 25 million etc. and I was at my docs. a week or so ago and I was undetectable. that was my half way point and that seems to be quite common with this combo, so HEY welcome, and I am so glad to hear you will be on new drugs too. you will get a lot of good info on this site so ask away and please come back and follow our journey as we join yours.  willie g

Offline willie g

« Reply #221 on: September 08, 2014, 04:35:40 pm »
by the way I asked my 1st wife to send me the other clog, she threw one at me and kept the other,,, nice lady from Jacksonville Arkansas , 33 years later I still have the ONE, still waiting   willie g

Offline mellowe4

« Reply #222 on: September 08, 2014, 09:54:55 pm »
week 9 here, I can't really say i have any side effects. I have been areful to follow suggestions. I take both pills about 2 hours after a good supper which includes fat. I take a zyrtec. I take a 25 mg dose of sertraline in case of mood swings. I avoided sun the first 4 weeks and have been careful to get no more than late evening or early morning sun since. For me, this is a walk in the park. Be sure to follow your Doctors suggestions. This is just waht has worked for me.

Offline 2Blave

« Reply #223 on: September 09, 2014, 02:24:52 pm »
Hi All.
I'm new to this site. In fact this is my first blog that I've ever participated in.
I'll be starting S/O in 2 days, no Peg or Ribavirin. I'm GT 1b with advanced (Stage 4) cirrhosis. Currrent viral load is log10 = 6.133. Rest of my numbers look pretty good. Not yet decompensating.

Did Peg/Riba for 5 months in 2011. Dr. stopped therapy because viral load did not decrease enough. Benefits did not outweigh risks. 

Had some fears about the side effects of S/O, particularly the photosentivity and rash. Already have skin issues. Lichen planus of oral mucosa - a chronic, recurrent lower lip ulcer that blisters, fills with blood, scabs over, skin gets necrotic, scab falls off, and cycle starts over. Very painful. Only thing that helps is Prednisone pills, 50 mg a day for a week, then 40 mg a day for a week, etc. till dose completed. Over the past year, have needed to be on Prednisone more than off. Does anyone out there have any info about how Prednisone might impact the effectiveness of the S/O? The only other symptoms I now have, prior to treatment are some serious swelling of feet, ankles and lower legs. And pretty bad arthritis of both knees. Also very painful. (the Prednisone really helps that pain). Also have hard time sleeping at night. Sleep during the day very well. This could be a blessing for the next 12 weeks.

Was feeling a little apprehensive about starting therapy because of the skin side effects. After reading so much positive input, am feeling so much better.

Thanks all for your shares and all of your info and support.

Offline hopefulAries

« Reply #224 on: September 09, 2014, 05:10:33 pm »
I'm on week 9 of Sovaldi and Olysio treatment. I have had severe muscle and joint pain and inflammation after week 5. I work 12 hr shifts on my feet 2 nights a week. I have discovered my pain is exacerbated by working, to the point of not being able to walk. My husband has to physically carry me in the house when my joints become inflamed and swollen. I also have had flu like symptoms, fever body aches, weakness. I can't wait to be off this medication.Hoping these side effects are not long term.
Three weeks into treatment, hcv was not detectable in my blood.  Yay! This is a miracle drug.
I'm scared of losingomy job if I can't work my two nights the remainder of my 3 weeks of treatment.

Offline wordforthewise1

« Reply #225 on: September 09, 2014, 08:21:29 pm »
2Blave,
welcome to this site, glad to learn you are about to start the S/O combo treatment.   When I took interferon/ribaviron treatment in 2006, doctors put me on IV prednisone (had to be hospitalized due to severe anemia) then prednisone by pills, I was in week 42 of 48, of treatment, treatment was stopped at that point, but the virus had been undetectable from around week 12.  The hep C virus came back within 1 month off treatment, my doctors said the prednisone probably acted like booster, which boosted any small amount of virus left.  I would for sure talk to your doctor about taking prednisone while on treatment, S/O is a miracle cure, know you don't want to take any chances once your cure starts. As for me, I am now in week 4 of S/O, having sun sensitivity issues and joint/muscle pains.  Got my 2 week labs today, liver tests all in range now, praise God!  But my platelets dropped a little.  I'm expecting a miracle! Will get my viral load check next week.  Wishing you the best,

Sharon

Offline wordforthewise1

« Reply #226 on: September 09, 2014, 08:35:27 pm »
Hi HopefulAries (like your name:)), welcome to the site,

I am in week 4 of S/O treatment, started having joint/muscle pains (in left hip and hands) around my second week.  Kind of hard to use my hands right now but can take it in exchange for a CURE from HepC.  Ibuprofen helps me but sounds like your pain is much more severe.  Have you talked to your doctor about it, there may be something safe that can help?   Sorry you are in pain making it difficult to walk, hope your doctor can help with it and pray your job will be understanding.  You're so close to finish line, hang in there.  Praying for the best,

Sharon

Offline hopefulAries

« Reply #227 on: September 09, 2014, 09:50:40 pm »
Hi Wordforthewise1,
Thanks for your reply. I have also had hip, hand, and arm pain. Mostly knees, legs, ankles, and bottom of my feet. My ankles have swollen up twice in the past 3 weeks, a jont at the end of my finger on palm of my hand has swollen twice in the same time frame. I'm taking ibuprofen and tramadol, have taken a steroid dose pack. Once I go to work and stand on my feet for 13 hrs, then my symptoms flare up again.
Hope your pain gets better. I'm glad the ibuprofen is helping you. Goodluck with the cure! Hang in there,  we can do this!
Teresa

Offline riavishingru

« Reply #228 on: September 09, 2014, 11:31:17 pm »
1. Ending week 3 on S/O. Sleeping like a baby.

2. Viral load at start of TX was 6MM (doc will have my VL at week 4) Geno 1a.

3. Late stage with portal hypertension and varices. Treatment naiive before this. Lived with this disease for at least 35 years. Contracted by giving Plasma. Had several bleed-outs so far in the very recent past and some close calls. Discovered I had HCV Nov 2010.

4. NO SIDES on S/O miracle drug. I suspect it's because I'm careful with what I ingest.

5. No pill popping of anything what-so-ever. Hey, I don't want sides from reactions and I don't want to fail treatment. I'm not taking any chances with even Tylenol etc. (I never take it anyway as it's bad for the liver)

6. The slight changes experienced during the 1st week have disappeared. i.e. headache, low appetite. I'm drinking water at the slightest sign of a headache and eating something if my stomach feels weird. But those signs are gone now.

7. I'm wearing long sleeved summer shirts and wearing long summer pants, hat and sun glasses faithfully and using the shade as much as possible. No rash or sun sensitivity now even though I have super sensitive skin. Avoiding sunscreen as it is loaded with chemicals and bad for my liver.

8. No drinking Alcohol or eating junk food.

9 Had all my dental treatment done in anticipation of this new drug treatment. All done.

10. Skin problems from cirrhosis clearing on this S/O treatment.

11. no more swelling of the legs and feet.

Criteria to receive the approval on the first request:
1. No drinking Alcohol (for 6 months prior they say)
2. Must be late stage with varices and portal hypertension.
3. Must or should be treatment naiive.
4. Must be Geno 1a with stage 3 or 4 liver disease.
5. Must have low platelet count or it's a dead deal.
6. You fit the criteria then have your doc make the order for you. Tell doc you are ready.

1-2-3 any arguments of what I'm saying will be ignored.

I feel happy and hopeful on S/O.

Symptoms of liver disease for me w/o tx:

Severe weakness
cloudy memory
low appetite
Itchy skin
Hair falling out
bloated
legs and feet swelling
depression
hopeless feeling
nose bleeds
loss of mobility (traveling or driving is iffy)
Bleed-outs and ICU hospitalizations up to 6 days at a time.
Adult onset acne.

Comment: For water retention overall- Drinking more water relieves water retention. The body holds onto it if it feels dehydrated. A symptom of liver issues is dehydration. From it come lots of other symptoms.
Disclaimer:
My report and my experience only. I am not a doctor although I have experience with this disease and am pro-active in my personal health while not leaving it up to the medical doctors only. Self care is the key. Doc monitors.

Offline riavishingru

« Reply #229 on: September 09, 2014, 11:33:32 pm »
Forgot to mention the time I take the medicine.
12 noon. That way it gets circulated around and noon is auspicious.

Offline riavishingru

« Reply #230 on: September 09, 2014, 11:41:37 pm »
PS-I'm not working and am avoiding all stress. I want this to work.

Offline wordforthewise1

« Reply #231 on: September 10, 2014, 07:23:52 pm »
Welcome Riavishingru! 

Sounds like you have really prepared for the treatment, know you will do well, and get your Cure also!  This is my 3rd time taking treatment, 3's a charm - right!   The other times were the old treatment drugs, didn't work.  I am genotype 1a, stage 3-4, viral load prior to starting was 1,300,000's.  I will have my first viral load check on next Tuesday, can't wait!  My biggest problems since starting treatment has issues related to sun exposure, also some joint and muscle aches, now constipation which I struggle with prior to treatment but it's worse now.  anyway, hoping and praying for the best for you and keep us updated.

Offline texashon

« Reply #232 on: September 12, 2014, 09:50:10 pm »
So today I picked up the 56 very expensive S/O pills.  Bucky said that they made him sleepy, so he takes them at night.  Ok, I don't sleep well, so that sounded good.  Then my doctor said some of his patients said the pills kept them from sleeping--not good.  So could I get a concensus?  Sleepy or not sleepy?  I have to work, so I have to be awake in the daytime and be able to sleep at night.  It is very important for me to decide the best time to take these pills.  Thanks if you can help!

Offline JohnJ

« Reply #233 on: September 12, 2014, 10:28:04 pm »

Just finished up 12 weeks of S/O and I always took mine right after dinner and had no problem sleeping. Also took Ambiem every night. Actually had little/no problem of any kind all twelve weeks.  Have been "non-detected" after second week. Now have to make it thru next 12/24? weeks to be pronounced "CURED". Have had this Hep. C for 38 years, been they Interfuron and Riv. three times. Time to put this in "been there done that" catagory. Good luck to all of you.

Offline willie g

« Reply #234 on: September 13, 2014, 07:37:23 am »
relicman   ,wow 42 days, really appreciate the update, it is good for all to share their after treatment effects , it is really inspiring to hear the good news! keep on trucking and i  know that voice in your head is saying Beer, Beer,  it rings in mine too my friend but is it worth it? boy my cravings have sometimes drove me nuts over the years. i found and find when they kick in i have a big glass of choclate milk and it really works, when i go to any parts that was a tuff one but a friend suggested >hey Willie next time your at one and someone asks you want a beer ?just say no thanks i have had enough" they do not know what you really mean in your head, they just figure Hey,he has had enough today'' especially when you don't want to explain this and that cause that can be a pain in the butt.  in today's world you can say ''but ill have some water[not like we havent had enough of that ,BLAH, ,,, DURING OUR TREATMENT LOL] OR BETTER YET GOT some soda or even better have something in your hand that you bought before getting there. just my opinion , our livers have takin an ass whippin already, you take care my friend ''just'' Willie g

Offline willie g

« Reply #235 on: September 13, 2014, 07:41:43 am »
you got it johnj, ! sounds great!  that SNAKE in the woodpile is GONE, amen, enjoy buddy and keep coming back, i need that info to keep me going.  ''just''willie g

Offline willie g

« Reply #236 on: September 13, 2014, 08:15:14 am »
hello RIAVISH, JOHN J, had same issues i have[i am on my third set of bottles of s/o] some people have no problem with sun so maybe just peek out of the shade for a few minutes here and there on different days and see how that goes, i snuck a PEEK in the beginning but my nieghbor [nice looking] started thinking i was stalking her,  ha ha only kidding but we have been chatting here and there but as soon as sun hits me i do a mexican shuffle back into the shade [i know she is probably thinking, '' nice guy, but whats up with that stagering back and forth?'' unreal, ha ha] and as far as constipation goes? oh yeah , sometimes i feel like im going to blow a head gasket,but i started taking omega 123, or 678, [i dont know the exact numbers lol but its basically fish oil with other goodies plus i take milk thistle, someone suggested it and i asked my dr. if that was cool and he looked it up on his ipad and said,''go for it, i dont see where that will hurt and since than for the most part it has been SMOOOTH saling,,, but once again just my opinion and run everything by your dr.  i get tired,and i then sleep for an hour,waking up thinking it has been 4 or 5 hours but then i read under a dim light and within a half hour my kindle falls and so do i,back for another 1 or two hours, of course activity is very important for sleeping and taking good craps but i havent been to good at that, ;so i spend alot of time in my coffin waiting for the next blood draw,lol get a king size one, that way you can have company! oolala  later my friend and welcome to Paradise,   ''willieg'' just  [my hd just kicked in, high definition,ha ha, i think its time for me to go and take some head medicine whoa,,,,] later

Offline Ronaldo

« Reply #237 on: September 18, 2014, 06:04:33 pm »
  I started Sovaldi and Olysio two weeks ago. The headaches were a regular occurrence for the first week. I think more water helped mine, knock on wood. I have some fatigue and joint discomfort but minor. The reason I am posting is about my cost for the drugs. I got into a hep c program that works with the two drug companies providing them. I pay nothing because of my income level on S.S. I do pay $10 copay for Dr. visits. Who says there's nothing good about being poor? When I first saw the Dr. I told him about some friends that were cured through a research project. The Dr. then asked if I wanted to join a research project. I did not because I qualified on income. I just thought that might be an option for the uninsured to check into.
   Good luck everyone, I'll let you know my results later.

Offline texashon

« Reply #238 on: September 18, 2014, 08:06:58 pm »
Does everyone on Sovaldi and Olysio take the same amount?  Maybe some people have more side effects because they take a higher dose?  I am Stage one, normal ALT/AST, viral load under 300,000.  My dosage is Sovaldi 400 mg once a day and Olysio 150 mg once a day.

Offline Ronaldo

« Reply #239 on: September 18, 2014, 11:07:37 pm »
  I assumed it was the same for everyone? Mine is 400 mg sovaldi & 150 mg olysio.

Offline willie g

« Reply #240 on: September 19, 2014, 06:07:29 am »
yes ronaldo, same meds, same dosage here,  ''just'' willie g  welcome

Offline FRED220

« Reply #241 on: September 19, 2014, 08:40:21 am »
I had the same question when I got the meds. A male at  260 lbs takes the same meds as a male at 140 lbs, I  would think the 140 lb male would have more sides or over medicated, what do you think? 

Offline Evil Santa

« Reply #242 on: September 19, 2014, 10:06:23 am »
Same meds same dose here. I know there have been a lot of questions about after 12 weeks completed. It has been 3 weeks since my last dose. I never had much for side effects. I could feel the difference in being out in the sun at about a week and a half to 2 weeks.  Didn't have that I'm burning up feeling. But I could tell my eyes were still sensitive.  Now at 3 weeks I feel pretty normal. I also must say I live in Northern Minnesota so easier to wear long sleeves etc. So to be safe I would say be careful for the 2-3 weeks after off the meds at least.
Feeling great and I no longer have the lower back pain that I have had for years. I hope all are doing well. These are truly miracle drugs and it is a great time for us!!
Later Jim

Offline willie g

« Reply #243 on: September 19, 2014, 11:43:21 am »
HEY JIM,glad to hear your doing good! i Have my MINNESOTA VIKINGS HAT right next to me. i am Chippewa and i had ancestors come from norway to Minnesota, so i am a real Viking.! I bet 5 dollars on every Minnesota game played this year with son in law [im not  really a gambler but it keeps ya in the game.]so do me a favor go down to the stadium and tell them GATOR said,'GET YOUR FRIGGIN ASSES GOING!  THX BROTHER,  LATER ''JUST WILLIE G  and hepc  ya  imagine a girl or guy being 125 ibs getting the same dose my big ass is getting! i bet they glow in the dark more!  were gonna find out one day when we all wake up with two heads and 7 fingers!  hey  two heads are better than one and as far as the fingers go, ill leave that alone.lol I'm in enough trouble on this sITE  i think i m a Little over the top sometimes but what do you expect from a CHIPPEWA VIKING!

Offline omeco

« Reply #244 on: September 19, 2014, 11:51:51 am »
Funny man!
on Sofosbuvir & GS-5816 trial since 8 dec '14
gen 4 fibr 3

Offline Testiva

« Reply #245 on: September 19, 2014, 08:03:09 pm »
Background: I've had hep c for 30+ years. I'm 57 years old, A3/F2 and treatment naive until now. I'm on day 14 of the S/O treatment. My side effects were fatigue and headache for the first 3 days. Now, just a little heartburn and indigestion. When I don't drink enough water I feel tired and sort of like I'm in a weird dream, but if I drink a lot of water then I have no symptoms, but then my heart starts to flutter (I guess I'm depleting all of the electrolytes out of my system with the water). Now I'm drinking less water but adding in Poweraide or Gatorade and this seems to help.

I was feeling completely miserable before I started treatment, but now I feel much better on treatment. I still don't sleep completely sound, but I do get enough rest to function properly. My concentration is not 100%, but it is still pretty good. I had a viral load test done on day 6 (I paid for the test out-of-pocket) and my VL had dropped from 900,000 to 127 in just 6 days. I'm not scheduled for another test until week 4. I'm probably already undetected, but I'm not going to shell out any more money to find out. Also, during the 6th day I had a hep panel done and my ALT/AST were well within the normal range for the first time in over 30 years!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Ronaldo

« Reply #246 on: September 19, 2014, 08:19:45 pm »
  willie g thanks for the welcome. I want to know if the side effects come later than 15 days of the combo sovaldi and olysio? I am sure it varies, but it has been fairly ez so far.

Offline willie g

« Reply #247 on: September 20, 2014, 09:04:37 am »
ronaldo, maybe because i am already on a bunch of other meds, that is why i get more side effects,, some people HARDLY get any side effects,and some people just because there going thru the treatment get mental effects,especially if you cant go out in sun without abunch of hassles and it has been hot but now that it is cooling down you don't mind wearing long pants, long shirts etc.[that is if the oylisio doing the sun thing] but i must say pain in side still hurting for me and sickish and after a half hour of taking it i get tingling in arms and hands and get a little itchy.  it is like the old saying , people all like different icecream well systems[bodys] are the same when taking meds etc.   SOUNDS LIKE YOUR DOING GREAT!  just keep drinking water and good fluids and eat good snacks during day,,,, take care buddy  [wear good shades just to be safe because your eyes can get flash burned,,, ''just'' Willie g

Offline Evil Santa

« Reply #248 on: September 20, 2014, 09:13:01 am »
Just Willie G, I never put much hope in the Vikes! I grew up in the burbs of Detroit and moved to Minnesota in 72. Was out of the army and had a bit of a Heroin problem. Hooked up with a gal from the Nett Lake Reservation. Ran with her brothers for a while. Was a crazy time! We have a lot of parallels to our lives. Hang tough Brother!!

To Ronaldo and Testiva, welcome to the forum. This is a great time for us. I found that the side effects were for the first 2 weeks for me. Very mild and then my body adapted to them. Just a little trouble sleeping on occasion. So I would say if they have been mild up till now I can't see them getting worse. Keep your spirits high, the 12 weeks go by really fast. And we are all looking for that great news called a CURE!! Hang tough all...
Later Jim

Offline texashon

« Reply #249 on: September 20, 2014, 09:19:30 am »
   Three days on S/O, and nothing really to report other than a slight sensation makes me aware of where my liver is, but I can't say it hurts.  I have been taking meds after dinner, and I have not had problems sleeping as I usually do; on these meds, I have slept better than I have in a long time!  I have had some dry-mouth but since I usually have something to drink nearby, that hasn't caused any real problems.  I substitute teach so have to get up early, drive to work and back, and function 8 hours at school, and that has not been a problem either.  So far, I am feeling very lucky.  I just hope I can remember to prepare for sun exposure.  My son asked me about going boating tomorrow, and then I remembered that I probably had better not!

Offline Ronaldo

« Reply #250 on: September 20, 2014, 12:20:40 pm »
  Thanks Willie G, they addressed the importance of sun protection, told me some stories about bad sunburned patients. You take care too Willie. Thanks Evil Santa, I appreciate that. This is a good board, glad I found it. We all have something very serious in common among us. I wish success for everyone with the treatments. Time for Football now.

Offline Tammra

« Reply #251 on: September 20, 2014, 09:33:01 pm »
I am on Day 5 now of Sovaldi/Olysio. I actually feel better and less tired than before I started. Wow. My alt/ast were in the 200's. Today, my alt was 82 and my ast was 50. (I work in a lab so the temptation to check it was too much) These drugs are amazing.
 I am having some trouble sleeping. It seems my brain doesn't want to shut off. I live in Fla, but it has been cloudy all week, thank goodness...haven't had to worry about the sun.
One Lucky Lady!
Tammy

Offline willie g

« Reply #252 on: September 21, 2014, 09:11:42 am »
you cheater TAMARA,LOL  so your a REAL VAMPIRE!  i have a coffin built for two if your ever this way  lol  hey i had to change the time i took mine to supper time while i ate because i was taking it in am and it wasn't workin out. but first week i felt euphoric and was buzzing around toomaybe give it another week so it gets in your system good, then go from there but whatever you do ask doc first.  ''just'' Willie g    oh yeah i was told to take them together.   good luck buddy,

Offline 2Blave

« Reply #253 on: September 21, 2014, 10:56:18 am »
 Wordforthewise1
Hi, Sharon.
Thanks for your reply and warm welcome. Took heed of your advice re the Prednisone. Seems liver doc's first instinct was spot on. He thought I should complete Pred tx (6 wks) then start S/O. A few wks later, he saw the lip ulcer and scab, not at its worse but enough to get the idea. He then changed his mind and said to continue with the Pred and start S/O since there wasn't any info on how Pred would effect S/O and likelihood of ulcer recurring while on S/O is almost guaranteed.  I then found this blog and read your input. I decided to do a quick wean off Pred. Was in wk 3 of Pred (40 mg/day). Did 40mg for 4 days, then 30mg 1 day, then 20mg 1 day, then off. Started S/O 4 days ago.
Hope you're doing well. Pain in joints and hands subsiding? Hoping for good news with bloodwork. Suz

Offline 2Blave

« Reply #254 on: September 21, 2014, 11:04:45 am »
Hi, hopefulAries.
I used to work 12 hr shifts, on my feet, nightshift, too. Sometimes in the mornings after work I could barely walk. This wasn't even on treatment. I can barely imagine how you must be hurting. One thing that really helped me was 1 Alleve, 1 Excedrin, and a long soak in Epsom salts. Don't know if you can take the NSAIDS or if there's any reason the salts wouldn't be OK while on treatment. Hope all is well with you, you're so close. Good luck. Suz

Offline 2Blave

« Reply #255 on: September 21, 2014, 11:44:45 am »
Hi, All.
Started S/O 4 days ago. So far minimal, if any, side effects. Slight headache, slight stomach ache. Neither severe enough to need any remedies. Could be the weather. Feel good. Was taking meds at night, after dinner. Slept well. Even swelling of feet and ankles improving.
The screwup was: it's been so hot where I live that I couldn't maintain a room temp less than 86 at all times. So I stored the meds in their plastic bag, in an insulated lunch bag,  in the vegetable drawer of the fridge (Temp about 44F) for about 2 1/2 wks before starting treatment.
I should have called someone, (specialty care pharmacist, manufacturer) first before doing this. I figured that temp would be safe and better to be cooler than warmer, since they shipped meds in a cooler with ice  pack. I did call on day 3, before 3rd dose was due. Neither manufacturer had any stats on drug stability at that temp. Consequently, had to interupt treatment for that day, wait for delivery next day to resume treatment. Fortunately, because I had to postpone treatment for a few weeks, I was due for my first refill anyway and they were able to ship that day. Don't yet know how insurance will act when it comes time for the extra refill. Will jump off that bridge when I get there. Also luckily, weather's cooling so it shouldn't be an issue for long. But for those who live in warmer places, they suggested that on very hot days I store meds in a cooler, with an ice pack not directly touching the med bottles, until room temp is less than 86. Seems room temp means 65-85 F.
Hopefully, no one else will have to make the same mistake.
Good luck to all.

Offline Ronaldo

« Reply #256 on: September 21, 2014, 07:11:25 pm »
  S/O treatment, the Dr. asked me which meal was my largest (supper) so he said take it after supper everyday. He also said 4 extra strength Tylenol max a day. I thought Tylenol was bad for the liver so I asked about it. He said that was the only pain reliever I should take, I use Aleve but he said no. I had my worst headache last night through most of today. Tylenol was no help, but I will take some pain for the gain.

I forgot to add it was day 16 on treatment.

Offline willie g

« Reply #257 on: September 22, 2014, 02:57:22 am »
hey Texas are you taking your s/o together? the pharmacist from the place i receive the meds and Dr. said take them together, everybody's different but i take mine around 630pm right after i eat, that seems to let you sleep by time to go to bed,say 10/12midnight  like i said everyones different and these drugs are new to drs, but pharmacists from place you get them is more knowledgeable and get hold of solvadi,go to site, and i have a lady that calls from solvadi once a month to see how i am doing because they want to know too,plus they give you a number where you can talk to her or another nurse,, i believe pharmacist also can put you in touch, look at your packaging and see if theres any info in there. i know there is list taped to bottles about each drug and tells everything[symptoms etc. and there may be a number on there too but I WAS INSTRUCTED BY MORE THAN ONE PERSON,t AKE THEM TOGETHER ,FOR PEOPLE JUST DOING S/O good luck ,they will also send you a letter and coupon to help with any copay.  ''just'' Willie g

Offline Ronaldo

« Reply #258 on: September 22, 2014, 11:58:27 am »
  I haven't read all the post, so this may have been brought up already.
I am having trouble with my thought process or slow memory. I get up and go to another room to get something. I forget what I went after, and I do finally come up with the reason but its slow.

My mom died of Alzheimer's so it's kind of scary.

Offline oldmarco

« Reply #259 on: September 22, 2014, 02:00:19 pm »
Ive' been keeping my s/o in the fridge i live in fla so room temp gets above 86. I have my refill in the fridge also i have about 11 doses left b4 the last month tx. Is refrigeration of meds ok probably fridge 40. first months blood work undetectable so far so good. Side effects have been muscle aches joint aches headaches appetite so so other than that only 38 days left hopefully back to golf swimming and the beach

Offline 2Blave

« Reply #260 on: September 22, 2014, 04:04:46 pm »
Hi, Oldmarco. I don't know if 40F is ok or not. I hope so. The issue caused an uproar for me and I was told not to use the meds stored in fridge, since they couldn't affirm that they were still good. Olysio told my pharmacist that their info said that meds stored at -10C to -20C  (-4F to 14F) was only stable for 10 days and that they (Olysio) didn't have any info for my fridge temp range (40-45F). Maybe check with your pharmacist. Would love to learn more. Good luck, Suz.

Offline 2Blave

« Reply #261 on: September 22, 2014, 04:15:47 pm »
Hey Ronaldo. I know I've been kind of spacey too, but that was even before starting treatment. I know how scary it is because my both parents have dementia. Have you talked to your doctor? Maybe your symptoms could be caused by something else? Maybe even a simple fix. Good luck, Suz 

Offline Ronaldo

« Reply #262 on: September 22, 2014, 04:30:02 pm »
Hey Ronaldo. I know I've been kind of spacey too, but that was even before starting treatment. I know how scary it is because my both parents have dementia. Have you talked to your doctor? Maybe your symptoms could be caused by something else? Maybe even a simple fix. Good luck, Suz

Thanks and I was already having some problems, I will ask my Dr. I've also  taken 2 antidepressants for a couple of years so I'll check it out.

Offline wordforthewise1

« Reply #263 on: September 22, 2014, 05:43:27 pm »
Hi everyone,

I just got my lab results that were taken on Sept. 15 ALT/AST are 17/12, my viral load was down to 20 from 1,341,550.  My doctor's NP thinks the HepC virus is probably completely gone as of today.  I will have another viral load check done on Oct. 13, hopefully it will be undetected.  But I thank God the virus is going away after 31 years of living in my body.  I'm standing strong.  Thanks to you all for your posts, they are very encouraging. 

Sharon

Offline 2Blave

« Reply #264 on: September 22, 2014, 06:05:32 pm »
Sharon, Congratulations. Wonderful news. Suz

Offline wordforthewise1

« Reply #265 on: September 22, 2014, 07:24:58 pm »
Thanks Suz,

I started S/O treatment on Sept. 18 and I've been praying that it will work for me, my doctor's NP says she's sure it will.  I'm African-American so I don't know what the percentages for cure are for people in my ethnic group.  Past treatment (interferon/ribaviron) percentages were a lot lower.  But I believe that S/O treatment is a CURE for everyone, not matter ethnicity, etc., HepC will soon be over for all! 

Offline hopeful304

« Reply #266 on: September 23, 2014, 08:31:11 am »
I am in my 3rd week of treatment with s/o. Yesterday was a nightmare. I took my meds and within 2 hours I had a very high fever with the worst burning sensation from the neck to the top of my head with severe headache. I had blurred vision bc of the fever.My tongue is still swollen today and now has sores. I woke up today with the same headache. I feel like I went through battle my body is so weak today. I am wondering why I am having these symptoms everyone seems to be great on the S/O treatment.  I am so disappointed bc of this. I don't understand it. Up until yesterday I had very mild reactions. .Has anyone else had this happen on the Sovaldi/Olysio protocol?

Offline 2Blave

« Reply #267 on: September 23, 2014, 10:05:13 am »
Hi, Hopeful304. Although I'm new to this drug and this site, I haven't heard of anyone having such severe reactions. Sounds like an emergency to me. Swollen tongue could mean an allergic reaction. I don't know if side effects can come on suddenly like that. I hope you can get to the ER, or at least call your doctor. Best of luck to you.   

Offline Ronaldo

« Reply #268 on: September 23, 2014, 10:49:14 am »
  Sharon is right you should let the doctor know whats going on. I called my clinic and asked about the side effect timeline. She told me usually around 2 weeks. I am just past that so I'll see what happens soon I guess. Willie G. hit the nail on the head, food and water are essential for me. I was advised to drink 2 liters a day.

Offline Tammra

« Reply #269 on: September 23, 2014, 12:24:46 pm »
Hi all,
  I am now up to Day 7 on sovaldi/olysio treatment. Apologies in advance, if I am wordy.
  I only work 3 days/wk...fri, sat, sun, but they are 12 hr shifts. I worked this weekend (day 3-4 of tx) and by sunday night, I practically had to crawl in the front door I was so wiped out. I take my meds at 3pm. I did notice I felt more tired at work after I took them. I suppose I overdid it....ya think?
I feel better today, but I have been having this weird feeling I can't really describe a few hours after meds. I think I read someone say they felt like they were "in a dream". It's kind of like that. I feel like my visual perception is off somehow. Anyone else on these meds ever feel this way?
Not having any side pain much anymore (except after working last wkd). I am thrilled to announce that my pee is clear for the first time in awhile. Sleeping better.
I really feel guilty for complaining at all, because I feel like I am so lucky to be taking them when so many people are still sick.
Anyway, I pray for us all. I know this is going to work.
Tammy

Offline Tammra

« Reply #270 on: September 23, 2014, 01:00:44 pm »
Hi all,
  I have been sitting on lanai all morning in Fla. It's very cloudy and rainy. I suddenly feel hot on my face and my eyes are kinda burning. Not bad, just noticable.
Do you think I could be getting sun exposure???
Tammy

Offline Ronaldo

« Reply #271 on: September 23, 2014, 05:14:26 pm »
  Yes probably

Offline willie g

« Reply #272 on: September 23, 2014, 08:25:59 pm »
hey folks, anyday can be a sunny day,,  clouds mean nothing, haze same, anykind of sky can be effective on CERTAIN individuals. sun today is so hot and gets thru haze clouds etc. so you could be sitting on a beach half the day saying isnt this nice, no sun just overcast so i should be fine.  no no  eyes hurting, more headaches, feeling flushy, feeling itchy can and will intensefy once you hit the streets.. youll here some people say, i just wear a hat shades and a long shirt and im fine!  do not absorb that thinking ill do this or that and i will be fine!! no no number one you dont REALLY KNOW the person saying this, thier whole interpertation of things could be not anywhere close to yours a
or they live in another state, and they might not have as much sun, and the grass might be different[now that sounds silliy but i think you know what i am saying now] and theres just to many ands to take a chance is silliy because who needs to  to take a CHANCE of flashburn to the eyes or EXTRA headaches or BLISTERS ON your lips and face and feeling wierder and the ands and the ands once again are not worth it .SOOO mr. smartass you might be saying whats the big trick ,whats the big answer?? first of all think when your taking a bath, do you run the water and jump right in???? of course not you check it here and there and in the end you submerege into your nice moment,,, moral of the story??? you TEST,,the waters[the sun ,the wind, the weather, the and the ad the lol,  we all have different fingerprints for a reason?????why?? because we all are DIFFERENT,, take baby steps, try one way for 10 minutes another day another day for 10 and who knows by the grace of GOD yu may be able to lay BAREASS,, if you can you my friend have hit THE LOTTERY FOR HEPC TREATMENT and i take my hat off to you,[wait a minute before i do that let me check the sky lol]  but dont take your fellow hepc buddy with you and let them think it will be fine[unless of course this is a one shot deal and you may never havethis great oppurtunity again!!! lol  the one with the less side effects should probably be on top... im going to piss my pants..  so MY FELLOW HEP C PARTNERS DO YOU KINDA  get what i am trying to say?? put a baby in the sun at a month ,what would you do, and then 2 months and 3 etc. and before you know it there 18 and if they want to take the summer break to daytona from ny  and want to wear there bikini thongs well then so be it.. i guess they will learn just like we did,, so for now treat yourselves like babies[hey you should be treated like a sweet baby because of what your going thru and i am serious about that statement]  ya know why i know this stuff? no not  because i am mister SMARTASS because,,, thats what i did. 2nd day i was outside for 5 minutes to see[and by the grace of GOD i got to peak at my oolala nieghbor, and i couldnt wait for the third day because it went up to 15 minutes! i was in heaven each day she was laying out but dam dam dam ya know what happened? no she didnt go inside,, i stayed out for 23 minutes and guess where that got my cocky ass at. ! ?  in the middle of the night i was burning, my lips hurt, my dam tounge that was hanging out got thicker i could hardly see and my eyes felt like i put them in a wood stove! etc. etc.  was it worth it you may ask?, hell no,she wasnt that hot and hell she never gave me her number,,lol she knew i was peeking lol lol ]  so with that my friends JUST ACT LIKE A BABY for now and remember your fingerprints are no where like mine.  have a good week, and i ''just''willie g  approve this message.  later

Offline Tammra

« Reply #273 on: September 23, 2014, 09:23:28 pm »
You made me laugh Willieg. I am paying for it now. My eyes have been burning and watering. If you don't live in fl you might not know that a lanai is a screened in porch attached to the house.
 I really wasn't trying to be cocky or anything, I just really didn't realize I am literally going to have to live like a vampire.
 Wish you all well.
Tammy

Offline Evil Santa

« Reply #274 on: September 23, 2014, 09:50:24 pm »
Willie G your on a roll tonight Brother. :)  Hey Tammy, I have to say I felt kinda like a Mole for the 12 weeks. Just be smart and Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses. The 12 weeks go by really fast.   I felt kinda punky even when I would work up a sweat. But I live way up north were our high temperatures are like your lows Ha. And that feeling you are having is called Brain Fog. Mine was gone after 2 weeks but some have it the whole time. Like Willie said we are all different.
Hang tough all,
Jim

Offline Testiva

« Reply #275 on: September 23, 2014, 09:53:50 pm »
Tamara,
I have that weird feeling too. It reminds me of taking about 1/8 hit of LSD--just enough to feel it. I'm also having shortness of breath and tightness in the chest and a couple of heart flutters per day. I just trust and pray that all of us get healed from this demon virus. But I was feeling so bad before therapy that I still feel better on these meds than before.

Offline badbradley

« Reply #276 on: September 23, 2014, 11:12:48 pm »
    Hi ,
I also have had sun sensitivity after prolonged exposure - 2hrs or more. I have not had sunburn but feel like its about 90degrees when its only 70. I work outside quite a bit so I try to take shade breaks when possible - wear light clothing. Eyes are sensitive so - shades and hat are part of my costume these days! Also I have had my 4 wk labs done on 9/16. The viral load test ordered was { hepatitis c virus RNA quantitative PCR }...I have been doing some exploring on viral load test and have reason to believe this may not be the correct lab order. Is it supposed to be QUALITATIVE - NOT QUANTITATIVE? I've read the "LOD" is not sensitive enough with QUANTITATIVE. Iwas expecting my results for sure by today - labs done 9/16
I have not received my results - am getting concerned. Could anyone enlighten me?

.......Madbradley.......
Geno 1a
Sov/Oly 12wks - relapse
Har/Riba 12wks
Alt-16  Ast-17 SVR - 12
Alt-15  Ast-14 SVR - 24

Offline willie g

« Reply #277 on: September 24, 2014, 02:24:21 am »
hey folks, anyday can be a sunny day,,  clouds mean nothing, haze same, anykind of sky can be effective on CERTAIN individuals. sun today is so hot and gets thru haze clouds etc. so you could be sitting on a beach half the day saying isnt this nice, no sun just overcast so i should be fine.  no no  eyes hurting, more headaches, feeling flushy, feeling itchy can and will intensefy once you hit the streets.. youll here some people say, i just wear a hat shades and a long shirt and im fine!  do not absorb that thinking ill do this or that and i will be fine!! no no number one you dont REALLY KNOW the person saying this, thier whole interpertation of things could be not anywhere close to yours a
or they live in another state, and they might not have as much sun, and the grass might be different[now that sounds silliy but i think you know what i am saying now] and theres just to many ands to take a chance is silliy because who needs to  to take a CHANCE of flashburn to the eyes or EXTRA headaches or BLISTERS ON your lips and face and feeling wierder and the ands and the ands once again are not worth it .SOOO mr. smartass you might be saying whats the big trick ,whats the big answer?? first of all think when your taking a bath, do you run the water and jump right in???? of course not you check it here and there and in the end you submerege into your nice moment,,, moral of the story??? you TEST,,the waters[the sun ,the wind, the weather, the and the ad the lol,  we all have different fingerprints for a reason?????why?? because we all are DIFFERENT,, take baby steps, try one way for 10 minutes another day another day for 10 and who knows by the grace of GOD yu may be able to lay BAREASS,, if you can you my friend have hit THE LOTTERY FOR HEPC TREATMENT and i take my hat off to you,[wait a minute before i do that let me check the sky lol]  but dont take your fellow hepc buddy with you and let them think it will be fine[unless of course this is a one shot deal and you may never havethis great oppurtunity again!!! lol  the one with the less side effects should probably be on top... im going to piss my pants..  so MY FELLOW HEP C PARTNERS DO YOU KINDA  get what i am trying to say?? put a baby in the sun at a month ,what would you do, and then 2 months and 3 etc. and before you know it there 18 and if they want to take the summer break to daytona from ny  and want to wear there bikini thongs well then so be it.. i guess they will learn just like we did,, so for now treat yourselves like babies[hey you should be treated like a sweet baby because of what your going thru and i am serious about that statement]  ya know why i know this stuff? no not  because i am mister SMARTASS because,,, thats what i did. 2nd day i was outside for 5 minutes to see[and by the grace of GOD i got to peak at my oolala nieghbor, and i couldnt wait for the third day because it went up to 15 minutes! i was in heaven each day she was laying out but dam dam dam ya know what happened? no she didnt go inside,, i stayed out for 23 minutes and guess where that got my cocky ass at. ! ?  in the middle of the night i was burning, my lips hurt, my dam tounge that was hanging out got thicker i could hardly see and my eyes felt like i put them in a wood stove! etc. etc.  was it worth it you may ask?, hell no,she wasnt that hot and hell she never gave me her number,,lol she knew i was peeking lol lol ]  so with that my friends JUST ACT LIKE A BABY for now and remember your fingerprints are no where like mine.  have a good week, and i ''just''willie g  approve this message.  later

Offline willie g

« Reply #278 on: September 24, 2014, 03:04:50 am »
Hey Santa,ya i was zommin on that sun thing but i figured if i can save one soul from the gruesome HERPES LOOK then its a day well done he he and TAMMARA  I KNOW YOU WERNT BEING COCKY that was in regards to me i think lol. I HAD SAT by a favorite window to have coffee and the little sun that i got from that gave me a Lice rash.lol and another lady wore sunscreen etc.shsdes too but just from driving the sun coming thru got her and her lips and tounge got her!(i know,her Tounge Just from driving!!Ya she had her dog in the car and they talk back and forth and the dog started PANTING FROM HEAT AND HER TOUNGE WAS HANGING OUT like most dogs do so SHE WAS JUST DOING WHAT THE DOG WAS DOING TO LET THE DOG KNOW,"ya sweetie ,i know how your feeling and then the dog kissed her out of love and then she crashed her car from licking him)  ha ha ( the part about driving and the sun getting her lips and tounge was true) the other part i made up for my new book i am writing called,,""HEP C, TODAY YOU HAVE A GOOD CHANCE OF LICKING IT"!  Soon to be out in paper back for constipation reading while in shitter!  By ""just"" wilile g

Offline willie g

« Reply #279 on: September 24, 2014, 03:13:23 am »
[/color][/font]

Offline willie g

« Reply #280 on: September 24, 2014, 03:22:11 am »
Just experimenting with all that googledagy stuff at the top where you write your reply to post,those dam boxes with flags in them,they show up and i DON'T understand them! Must be a Canadian thing lol at least i got the cheesy smile on top right, sorry folks, its ""just""Willie g trying to figure out the lingo lango for HEPC FREAKS LIKE ME. SNOZZEEEEEEEEE NITE  COFFIN TIME

Offline Evil Santa

« Reply #281 on: September 24, 2014, 09:06:40 am »
Willie G does make a good point. Don't forget your lips. They make high SPF chap sticks. Would not be fun to have blistered lips...
Later Jim

Offline badbradley

« Reply #282 on: September 24, 2014, 09:17:31 pm »
Hello,
   4 wk lb rslts finally received - It has been the longest week (and 1 day) of my
life.        UNDETECTED       I am so happy!  So is my dog!  I have a PUG - They know!  Some days I still can't believe i'm even on this treatment - Now I have this to deal with....
Thank GOD for this medicine! HEP FORUMS - AWESOME ! Very encouraging.
Will keep posting.
                            "IN THE WRING WITH THE DRAGON"
                                                                        badbradley
Geno 1a
Sov/Oly 12wks - relapse
Har/Riba 12wks
Alt-16  Ast-17 SVR - 12
Alt-15  Ast-14 SVR - 24

Offline 2Blave

« Reply #283 on: September 24, 2014, 09:30:02 pm »
Badbradley
Way to be. Congrats. How hopeful for us all.
I'm on day 7. So far very minimal, if any, side effects. One good bonus - the swelling in my feet and ankles is about half of what it has been for the last several months.
Suz

Offline wordforthewise1

« Reply #284 on: September 24, 2014, 11:12:56 pm »
Wow Suz that's great about your feet and ankles, you're on your way to freedom!

Sharon

Offline willie g

« Reply #285 on: September 25, 2014, 01:00:23 am »
WELL,2 BLAVE OR NOT 2 BLAde THAT IS THE ? [is not that shakebeard or someone like that's quoate? any way 1 week is a big deal my friend, been there done it and the stuff going thru my mind at that time [not too long ago] was happy, hostile and shoot I never did hardly any typing or anything of that nature and didn't realize I always had my cap lock thing on so I could see better and I figured hell ,so can they.  Well to make a long story long lol, there is no short for me,lol or help in some areas as far as that goes, popeye said it well ,'''frigem I am what I am [I watch the r rated cartoons, well pg 14, imean im not that bad.] anyway I get this text from a girl [I thought] ended up being a guy and he sure made me realize that, hell he said he got a 12 pointer hunting and etc. etc. I guess I texted becky one time instead of /////[keep her ,I mean him damit annonomiss] so he didn't have a good day plus he informed me STOP HOLLARING AT ME, I AM SKIPPING YOUR POSTS!,, so I sat back and looked around and said, is she,, is he talking to me?  well ya ever been in a room full of people and you kinda feel like your all alone?lol  well hell at that point I was thinking frig him and his hepattis ass! and frig this forum and frig this and frig that! [and hell I knew a girl that shot a 13 point buck,SO THERE!] oh boy, gonna piss my pants again,, well instead of leaving the site cause I knew they neededme lol once I was told by a real human... back on the ranch I got humble, and ate a big piece of humble pie and went back on line and proceeded to tell the whole hepc world I was sorry and if I ever posted anything with caps on I dindt realize I was HOLLARING![I think I got this cap thingdown now to almost a science but I still do a lot of small casing[learned that word too lol] cause I sure as hell I did not want to piss any body else off especially because,, seriously this hepc thing IS NO JOKE, even though I may seem like im a heartless, foolish, kinda genious of a GUY[lets get that straight I AM A MAN but I did dress up as agirl once, does that count??? haha oh boy] and of course as you can tell I have no EGO,,,oh boyyyy,, any way,,, to get back to the subject[is there one] of course thieres ONE! congrats 2blade 2blave ,good name, I use to carry two, [got grand kids now so I got it down to one but my daughter says''jesse dad does it have to be that long? ''''well honey , I talked to the kids about it and now they figure and say '' that's granpas grass trimming knife! that's a true story, and they told their mother more or less [well never mind what they said,  or told  her,she might be reading this, the little hacker]  so 2BLADE what the heck am I going to tell them come winter? [I am sure she will be getting me a 3 inch pocket knife for Christmas but I will never tell her about the one in my boot lol I guess I was born in the wrong ERA OR IS IT ERROR, ya, my ma thought I was an error! hell she made me do all my trick er treating over the phone and my dady said 'SON... do you know why ghosts don't have BABYS LIKE YOU?!''  'no dad [as im dialing the next TREATER] I says, ''why don't ghosts have BABYS like me, ??? WELL SON CAUSE THEY GOT HALLOW WEENIES,,,,, and with that he finished his shot, gave my mother one hell of a look and headed out to the barn,, and yup I got alota candy for Halloween, my mother picked it up at the old townhall po box and almost busted her gut bringing it home[ so there MOM!, I just told the world how dysfunctional YOU ARE AND DAMIT THEY SHOULNT HAVE SLAPPED YOUR MOTHER AND GRANPA WHEN I WAS BORN![just some halloweenie humor for October,,,,, RIDEEM TWOBLADE!2blave YAHOO LITTLE DOGGIE KEEP ON TRUCKIN![PLEASE DONT THINK I WAS CALLING YOU A DOGgie, ![gota be careful I am going to get a pink slip from this forum anyday]   ''just'' willie g  ps. thx BUCKY FOR HAVEN A cents OF HUMOR, darn I wasn't suppose to give her,he nameup and my backspace button aint workin!  sorry becky, im sure youll be given me hell when you come back in nov. or dec. to give us an update[ don't worry folks me and BUCKY are fellow MEN and friends and we will work it out when the sun hits the woods,WE ARE STUDS and there aint many of us left,,, now come on.giddy up my fellow HEPC HIV HD, ADD,PCP, BUDDIES,,,LOVE YA ALL,,,,DONT FORGET TO CHECK OUT THIS MONTHS HEPC MAGAZINE [FREE] CAUSE OUR HUMBLE MODERATER IS ON THE FRONT PAGE AND MRS. PORTER DOES NOT DO WINDOWS,NOPEEE  SHE WILL WIRE YOUR HOUSE AND DRAW BLOOD AT THE SAME TIME,, PLEASE CHECK IT OUT AND YOU WILL READ AND SEE WHAT A WONDERFUL LADY AND FIGHTER SHE IS! [AND SHE HAS A GOOD RECIPEA,, NO DEER MEAT OR LIVER IN IT EITHER[YES, I AM HOLLARING]  NOW get along  and the dam spellcheck thing aint workin,,probably tryin to makr me look ignorant [I anit quitinn, im a fighter and a HEPC biter! and if you don't hear from me again, so be it,NEVER GIVE UP AND KEEP ME IN YOUR PRAYERS AS I HAVE FOR YOU, GOD BLESS,,  DONALD TRUMP [THATS MY REAL NAME, HE HEEE OOPS  SOMEONES AT THE DOOR AND THERE IS A LIMO OUT FRONT  ,   shhhh

Offline willie g

« Reply #286 on: September 25, 2014, 01:28:03 am »
HEY WILLIEFORD47, do you drive a 47 ford or just a ford [im a chevy MAN,just kidding my cars are two wheelers]or are you 47 ,drive a ford and is your name WILLIE and are you a MAN? just kidding, read my previous short story if you've got 20 minutes,  so you've been outside sunscreened and are not having any problems,, well bless you, your one of the few. TELL YA though what gets me bad sometimes if I am out I get these headaches,, whatya think, should I wear a sombrero or become a NUN,, ?  I mean amonk, one of those hooded ones, just wonderin,  welcome to paradise and I am glad to meet you WILLIE [who would ever call their kid WILLIE ?  LOL]  HAng in there my friend, im prayin for ya RIGHT NOW,,,   '''just''' WILLIE g [ps if you don't have a cents of humor PLEASE don't tell me\  I like that cents thing, that's why I pick up pennys ,heads or tails,, cause their all from HEAVEN,   hey EVILSANTA, whataya think? kinda think I out did myself again?  darn spell check still aint workin, I aint no fool now,,  giddy up

Offline willie g

« Reply #287 on: September 25, 2014, 01:50:23 am »
HEY TESTIVA,, you remember PURE 25 AND the old cartoon paper acid? I use to take adrop or an eigth and then get on a c130[she was huge and much huger when I took that eigth and we would be takening 82nd airborne and 1001st airborne to their destinations. Sometimes my heart would be pounding and I would feel like your feeling and then when I was peeking I would watch a war between the 82nd and the 1001st right in front of me and I was duckin all over the place. after we landed and I started coming down [on the ground and the acid] them old airborners would walk by and say '''AIRMAN, WHAT THE HELL WAS GOING ON UP THERE WITH YOU!!!!  ahhhh SIR,,i guess im fraid of hieghts,,'''  WELL SON I SURE AS HELL DONT WANT TO SEE YOUR SCITSOPHRANIC ASS UP THERE AGAIN WITH MY MEN! YOU GOT ME AIRMAN??? YES SIR!!!  and that my friend is a true story, well if those side effects get any worse or not better give your dr. a call, cause the last thing you need is a bad trip,, you've had enough,, im prayin for you too right now,, and welcome  ''just''wilie g  dam spellcheck,  its a CURSE

Offline rossierob

« Reply #288 on: September 26, 2014, 01:16:36 pm »
I have been on olysio and sovaldi for the past 12 weeks. Today is my last day. The ONLY side effect that I've had is an aversion to the sun. Once I forgot and helped wash the car. Probably 30 minutes in sun. The next day, I had what was like sun poisening.

Offline willie g

« Reply #289 on: September 26, 2014, 02:15:33 pm »
 HEY rossierob[ I tried saying your handle[post name,, I was a big cb kinda guy back in the day, roger that! lol] 10 times real fast and it took me 5 minutes to get my tongue rearranged ha ha [I had to use my special hook remover from my fishing gear, which wasn't being used this year due to sun,,bitch bitch bitch lol, if it wasn't for these meds next years fishing trip may have been canceled lol  but really not  lol]  ANYWAY ROSSIE THANKYOU, THANKYOU THANKYOU, for sharing that because I am a big advocate on that SUN thing. I am really sorry to hear about your situation and if anyone knows or has been there when sun burned you REALLY do feel your nerve endings in such a bad way [ohhhh the nights especially, bottles of yinegar ,ice backs and aloe and who knows if the vinegar thing even worked, all I know is I ate less italion salads lol] but I think there is a misconception about this sun thing due to people [some,which I am glad for] stating , 'hey I just wear a hat shades and sunscreen and have no problems but on other hand those same folks are saying all I have is more headaches which THEY may not realize  is a big cause of sun exposure too,, yes I know it is a regular side effect to because I do live in a coffin and I have headaches,,lol  but I'm sure their more intense and sun POISONING is a whole nother story! POISON IS POISON and poison should not be a regular food item[whered I come up with that,,food item! sometimes I swear I am a reincarnation of jed clampet,] but thankyou rossie and that's JUST what this forum needed. Another truthful wake up call! [from a normal person, not like me,, really because I joke around  a lot and some people may think ,is he SERIUOS this time or what?im working on that lol]  I am praying for those symptoms to go away in and on you,  right now.   ''just'' Willie g

Offline Finbar

« Reply #290 on: September 28, 2014, 03:12:58 pm »
Who out there is on S/O only with a treatment length of 24 weeks not 12

Offline RebelGir

« Reply #291 on: September 28, 2014, 06:57:22 pm »
I am about to start the solvadi and olysio. i have had it here for a few weeks but havent started it yet. ive been real nervous about it. i finished the 48 weeks of interferon/ribavirin/victrelis on may 5. it didnt work. i was in bed sick fro three and a half months from it. im just now about over the bad anemia it caused. i feel better after reading the posts in here today. i am probly going to take the first dose in a little bit after i eat. I hope this works for me this time.

Offline 2Blave

« Reply #292 on: September 28, 2014, 07:38:56 pm »
Hi, RebelGir
I was very leary, too. Especially re the skin issues with the Olysio. The posts on this site really helped me find the courage.
Today is day 11 for me. So far, side effects have been mild, if any. Just a headache. Might have been weather and not treatment causing the HA. I am GT 1b, Stage 4 cirrosis. Taking S/O only, no peg/rib.
Have really taken everyone's warnings about photosensitivity to heart. Try not to even go out or sit by an an uncovered window while sun is out. When I do, I am covered. Sunscreen, hat, etc.
Someone else mentioned taking meds after dinner. Has worked well for me, too.
Good luck.

Offline 2Blave

« Reply #293 on: September 28, 2014, 07:41:07 pm »
Hi, Finbar.
My treatment plan is for the 12 wks.

Offline willie g

« Reply #294 on: September 28, 2014, 11:42:07 pm »
hey FINBAR[sounds like a new energy bar lol]  12 weeks here s/o  and high REBLELGIR[I  am figuring your a girl? you never know around here lol] anyway  the REBEL sounds good to me,,,i have 9 days left of treatment on s/o combo,, and just like 2blave said, for the last 11 weeks no one has called me ''SUNNY BOY'!' Lol I advocate for that dam SUN  all I can say at this point is CAUTION plus CAUTION!  there, I got that out of my system for an hour,he he  sooo, ONWARD CHRISTAN SOLDIERS, [ITS JUST A SONG, im not labeling anyone here,not yet ho ho  ha ha]  right now I don't know what else to say,, boy are you two lucky,,   now  giddy up  WELCOME to PARADISE      ''just'' Willie g

Offline RebelGir

« Reply #295 on: September 30, 2014, 09:51:45 pm »
i am on the 12 week treatment. today is my 3rd day. no noticeable side effects as yet.
well i did feel a bit spacey at first but it wasnt a bad feeling . my lips feel a bit chapped probly from not enough water which i am working on right now. actually yesterday and today i seem to feel a bit better. might be coincedence or my imagination, but either way i like it. We will kill this nasty dragon!

Offline wordforthewise1

« Reply #296 on: September 30, 2014, 10:28:19 pm »
Hi Finbar, I'm on 12-week S/O treatment.  Today is my 44th day, at 4 weeks my viral load check went from 1,341,550 to 20, hallelujah!  Nurse practitioner thinks it's probably completely gone by now, I will have another viral check on Oct. 13.  I'm genotype 1a, stage 3-4 Fibrosis, failed interferon/ribaviron treatment twice.  I'm kind of like willeg with the sun-sensitivity, it's really bad for me and seems like each week I become more and more sensitive, lots of water helps.  But I can handle it for my cure, were all going to get there.  Wishing you the best! 
(Hope you don't mind me asking but did your doctor tell you why 24 weeks instead of 12?)

Sharon

Offline wordforthewise1

« Reply #297 on: September 30, 2014, 11:35:39 pm »
Hi Finbar, please forgive me, i just thought about it - you didn't say you were on 24 weeks, you just asked if anyone on board in on 24 weeks instead of 12 weeks.  So sorry, I find myself missing the point a lot lately , wonder of it's the treatment or "just me???" 
Oh well I'm going to have some more water and go to bed.  Good nite all.

Sharon

Offline RebelGir

« Reply #298 on: October 01, 2014, 11:19:21 pm »
just took my day 4 pills..my lips feel like they are burning this evening. i dont feel real good today.i dont think its from the pills tho, but the lips burning may be as i was out in the sun a little bit today. taking them at night seems to work well for me. I hope everyone is doing well as can be and has a good night.

Offline drayd4

« Reply #299 on: October 02, 2014, 07:35:21 am »
Hi all, been a while since my last post. my spouse Carol will be finished with her 12 weeks on friday. although her first month was rough because of the ribavirin,she had transfusion (3 units) of blood twice.after adjustment of dosage she has done great .before starting the S/O with ribavirin she was so confused from encephalopathy she didn't know what was going on that's why i reached out to this forum for answers .she's stage. 4 liver failure and so sick. the dr. had told us there's nothing more they could do for her......two weeks later we got a call saying there was new medicine and they wanted to try it for her. Devine intervention . here we are almost finished with meds and she has improved a hundred per cent. she was undetected at 4 weeks. and she's like her old self her mind has cleared she's just doing great .those who are just starting the treatment relax and take 1 day at a time if you read these posts you see the slight side effects so you know kinda what to expect. I pray it helps all you as it has Carol for her it's been a miracle . I hope for everyone that you all are cured of this terrible disease. love to all

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.