Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:48:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 98
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 81
Total: 81

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: finished six months of dual therapy  (Read 13491 times)

Offline roxy209

finished six months of dual therapy
« on: March 26, 2014, 10:18:37 pm »
Hello everyone.  I have taken my last dose of ribasphere this past Saturday and my last injection last Thursday.  Had my lab work done this past Monday.  I am waiting till Friday or Monday to check on my lab work.  My  four week  lab was undetectable and so was the 12 week. I had hcv since 1984, which it was diagnosed as non A non B hepatitis. I am eagerly awaiting my results. 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 10:21:19 pm by roxy209 »

Offline Mike

Re: finished six months of dual therapy
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 05:31:37 pm »
I hope you get great news when the lab results come in!

I have a question: Have the effects of the PEG and RIB worn off yet? Do you feel better. I take my last shot on April 11th...

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline roxy209

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 09:22:03 pm »
Hello Mike.  Yes they do, medications ribasphere and interferon.  I have more energy at times I feel restless at times and I noticed the more days that go by the less I noticed. I have been off the medications for five days today.  I feel great today and everyday it will get better. 

Offline Mike

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 10:11:32 pm »
Thanks. I was wondering how long it takes for the side effects to wear off.

This is my second time on PEG + RIB. The 1st time was in 2001 and I did 48 wks. It seemed like it took forever for it to wear off.

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline jberlin

• Global Moderator
  • Contracted Hep C in 76, treated 2004 & 2012, cured
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 10:46:20 pm »
Roxy,

It is great to take that last syringe out of the fridge, aint it!  Congrats!  You will be UD still, I assume you did 24 weeks?  Are you Geno 2 or 3?  I don't think there has ever been a case of someone going UD on the dual therapy and relapsing while still taking the meds.  I always assume they test because they are doing other blood work, some just to make sure you have not cheated.  With the triple therapies they have had viral mutations and relapses during treatment on rare occasions, not sure about the latest treatments.  Your big blood test is June after a 90 day incubation period, that is the one that needs to be UD!  I hope it is!  Let us know, jack

Offline roxy209

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 11:20:23 pm »
Jack,  I hope so too.   Geno type 3 and also the 24 week dual therapy.  I confirmed today that my lab done past Monday is undetectable.  I will get back after the 90 day.  Thanks Jack. 

Offline roxy209

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 12:03:06 am »
I have been feeling better every day.  I will let you know if anything changes.  Thanks for asking.

Thanks. I was wondering how long it takes for the side effects to wear off.

This is my second time on PEG + RIB. The 1st time was in 2001 and I did 48 wks. It seemed like it took forever for it to wear off.

Best wishes, Mike

Offline iana5252

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 10:00:42 am »
Congrats Roxy. So happy for you!

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2014, 12:35:50 am »
Love hearing this!
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline roxy209

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2014, 06:11:59 pm »
Thank You iana5252.... I was true to my treatment.  I seen my Dr. yesterday, He gave me great news.  He told me I was cured  I asked about the incubation period he said not to worry about it, I will do fine.  He stated at least a month for me to get better. Detoxification from the medications was loss of appetite, tiredness and anxiety at times for me.  Recently I have been feeling better every day that passes.  I feel free.... for now.  I am embracing this moment of great news.  Thanks to the Great Minds that devoted their lives to mankind to create life saving miracles.  I will forever be grateful.
Congrats Roxy. So happy for you!

Offline roxy209

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2014, 06:12:34 pm »
I love hearing this too! 
Love hearing this!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.