Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:58:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 91
Total: 91

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Starting Sol+Riba+Intf next week  (Read 11927 times)

Offline rikkyde

• Detected March, 2014; type 1A
Starting Sol+Riba+Intf next week
« on: April 02, 2014, 03:00:40 pm »
My first post.

Should be starting treatment next week. This came as a big surprise to me; NO SYMPTOMS. Liver function tests showed high for the first time on an annual physical in February. Turns out to be Type 1A, stage 3 liver, with a VL of 34,000,000. Doctor says I've probably had HCV for 30-40 years.

Not looking forward to this but gotta do it.

Lots of great info on this board, and incredible support from all.

Keep you all posted.

Rick

Offline iana5252

• Administrator
Re: Starting Sol+Riba+Intf next week
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 04:44:32 pm »
Hi Rick,

Welcome to the Forums. Thanks for sharing your story. Please do keep us to date on your progress.

One day a time...

Ian

Offline Mike

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 05:07:59 pm »
Hi Rick,

I'm on the same treatment and in the 11th week. I have the same genotype and the treatments is working.

The side effects from the medication have been manageable and 12 weeks goes by fast.

Make sure you drink plenty of water each day - it really helps.

Best wishes and let me know if you have any specific questions about the treatment, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline rikkyde

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 05:38:07 pm »
Thanks Mike;

I'll find out pretty soon how tolerant I am of the side effects; I'm thinking they'll be very manageable for me. And if not, as many on this board say, it's only 12 weeks.

Gotta stay positive (but allowed to be a bit pissed also :)

Offline iana5252

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 05:55:00 pm »
Our new Hep blogger Joe Burke shared some tips today on dealing with headaches as a side effect of his Sovaldi/Ribavirin treatment...

Day 73, Go Away Headaches
http://blogs.hepmag.com/joeburke/2014/04/day_73_go_away_heada.html

#1 is drink lots of water just like Mike suggests.

Offline istrive2thrive

• I Strive 2 Thrive Daily
    • I Strive 2 Thrive
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 10:27:57 am »
Thanks Ian for linkage. Hands down, drinking water, even regular tea as it's just flavored water, is a big step in combating those nasty side effects.

Offline rikkyde

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 12:26:42 pm »
Good advice all; now if I can just break my habit of drinking a pot of coffee - highly leaded hi-octane only :) every morning.

Offline istrive2thrive

• I Strive 2 Thrive Daily
    • I Strive 2 Thrive
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 10:41:26 pm »
Coffee is not necessarily bad for you in moderation. There are some days where the lethargy hits around 3-4PM in the afternoon and I need something to get me through the rest of the day and into evening. Starbucks or Monster Low Carb Low Cal (black & blue can) are my drinks of choice for energy. Like I said, coffee, when balanced with proper water consumption is not a bad thing, one just have to be careful to not drink like 6 cups a day of coffee and only one glass of water.

Offline Marysee

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2014, 09:39:12 am »
Hi Rick, welcome to the forum, I have found it very helpful to help get me through this. I am 1a also, VL of 9 million, stage 2. I started triple therapy Peg+int+Sovaldi on feb 13th, and at week 4 I was undetectable. The treatment is very promising. Good luck and keep us posted!

Offline rikkyde

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2014, 12:15:28 pm »
Hi Marysee; great progress for you; 8 weeks left.

This board has already been extremely helpful and supportive, and I'm yet to start treatment; all the paperwork has been submitted to insurance, so, hopefully starting soon.

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.