Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:02:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 106
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 87
Total: 87

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: i have my first gi dr appt on april 8 need advice  (Read 9624 times)

Offline jess1323

i have my first gi dr appt on april 8 need advice
« on: April 07, 2014, 02:11:23 am »
thank to everyone for helpen me with everything. i dont no what i am in for with my first gi appt.  i am scard and dont know what to ask. Should i ask about treatment or not till later. What about liver biopcy. Any help would be great. Sorry for asken so may ?   Sometime i wish i would have got tested befor we i first found out i had been exposed to hep c but like everyone say it not a death sentence .great meds r comeing out soon

Offline codaflip

• dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
Re: i have my first gi dr appt on april 8 need advice
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 10:39:04 am »
I would make a list of anything I could think of to ask my Doctor and ask him to explain all avenues for treatment for you and where do we begin,there no supid question and if he is a good doctor he will explain everything from A-Z and get you on the road to recovery:}
codaflip

Offline JessicaGN

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 04:11:36 pm »
I went through 3 different doctors before I found one that I felt worked for me. Before I went to my appointments I made a list of all the questions I had so I wouldn't get nervous and forget. Most likely they will talk to you about what hep c is and ask you about your history, like any other appointment. If your looking to start treatment I'd advise you to ask them about it when you get there and see what your options are. Most likely you will need to get an ultra sound of your liver, then you will need to get a biopsy of your liver to check for liver damage. Then there is a series of blood tests they will do to check for liver function, viral lode, etc., more than likely these will all take place during separate trips back to the doctor, during separate appointments. Like I said before, everyone is different. This has just been my experience. Hope this was helpful.

Offline jberlin

• Global Moderator
  • Contracted Hep C in 76, treated 2004 & 2012, cured
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 10:16:20 pm »
Jess, I hope you don't have to ask too many questions and the MD is informative and offers a clear path forward for you, whether it be treatment or delay, with an understandable rational for his advice.  Do let us know, jack

Offline jess1323

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 12:51:09 am »
my granny got sick and got put in hospital and had to change my appt i have not lost my nerve to go but my granny is my life well keep everyone up to date

Offline jberlin

• Global Moderator
  • Contracted Hep C in 76, treated 2004 & 2012, cured
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 09:25:53 am »
jess,
re-set up the appointment, and go get treated.  Time will pass quickly, and you will be cured and can move on with your life.  I did 72 total weeks of treatment (and you won't!), and some of the days were not particularly fun, but I only missed 1 day of work, and I traveled, and lived pretty close to a normal life even with the side effects.  You just need to focus on the result, which is cure yourself of a terrible, life threatening disease!

Keep us informed,
jack

Offline jess1323

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 12:26:50 pm »
jack      thank so much i am go to i want to fight this and hopefully i will win  will let you know we they call me back with my appt                       thanks everyone for the support     jess

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.