Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:12:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 77
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 75
Total: 75

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: hep c treatment  (Read 6543 times)

Offline mrkim

hep c treatment
« on: April 09, 2014, 05:56:53 pm »
Hi Mr Kim again
Well my psychiatrist says start the treatment. My internest says start the treatment. My herpetologist says start the treatment. I'm on the fence about the treatment, and my wife says NO WAY. She has been through my manic and psychotic issues and does not want to go through any more of it. I have been stable on medication for the past two years and she says wait until the new treatment comes out at the start of next year. The new treatment is supposed to have much less of a chance for mental health problems. I'm really torn hear as to what I should do. I'm going to take my wife with me to the next visit with the hep c doctor and she can ask all the questions. Help me if possible.
Thanks Mr. Kim

Offline jess1323

Re: hep c treatment
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 01:13:14 am »
hi mr.kim     i just found out i have hep c and my husband does not i got hep about 7yr ago from iv drug use and my friend die and his sister told me it was his dieing wish to tell people that may have it. I was just scared to get tested well my reason for writen was i have been thanken alot about treatment and it not easy and it all up to u and your family but your in the right place to talk about it there r alot of good people that have been there and know what your goin thew  keep u i my prayers

Offline jberlin

• Global Moderator
  • Contracted Hep C in 76, treated 2004 & 2012, cured
Re: hep c treatment
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 09:20:16 am »
Mr kim - which treatment did they encourage you to take?  Your last post said: "Triple Therapy with Protease inhibitor: Victrelis (boceprevir), Incivek (telaprevir).
I went and saw my psychiatrist today and she said to do the tx."

Different treatments have different side-effects, so perhaps the Victrelis (boceprevir) would be more tolerable for you because I do not think it is a much of a depressant as Incivek.  But that is what you should discuss, what treatment options you have.  It seems to me that the Sovaldi triple therapy should be strongly considered, as it is even more tolerable, and only 12 weeks as opposed to 24 with Incivek, and I believe 28 weeks with Victrellis.

Your wife has good reason to be upset - and there are treatment options available.  The MDs should say which treatment and why, and convince you.

You need to be treated, and soon, so hopefully your next message to us is: "I am scheduled to start XXX treatment on YYY date."

Let us know,
jack

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.