Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:38:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 138
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 34
Total: 34

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Coping with side effects of solvaldi and olysio  (Read 20272 times)

Offline Mpetrecz

Coping with side effects of solvaldi and olysio
« on: May 14, 2014, 05:50:24 pm »
Day 1 and I am light sensitive and the sin on my hands is sore....I was outside but it was overcast and everything was covered but my hands.  So what should I use if I get burned?  Just a hand cream?  I'll be more careful and not trust overcast as ok to go out,

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
Re: Coping with side effects of solvaldi and olysio
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 09:51:54 pm »
Cool compresses should soothe it. Milk compress may help. An antiinflammatory if you can take it (such as ibuprofen). Soothing lotions that have aloe vera may help.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline Mike

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 12:31:12 pm »
Sunburn is a known side effect of Olysio, and just a few minutes in the sun can cause a sunburn. It is highly recommended to use a good, strong  UVA/UVB sunscreen while taking this medication to prevent burns.

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline Mpetrecz

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 06:24:56 pm »
Thanks importerm and Mike.  I actually am figuring things out.  I have the strongest block I could find and uv big brimmed hat, gloves and sleeves for driving,  evey now and then I feel prickly, but over all feel great.  I'm sleeping well and wearing my sunglasses all the time  ,,,,,...  helps the tired eye feeling and I am very thirsty, so I drink a lot of pale fluids and water,  lol...I'm only on day 3, but I think this is going to be a piece of cake,
on a side note...my side and liver feel warm,,,,good warm...and I'm very comfortable.
Thanks for the info.....hoping I don't burn myself,,,,and I would of never thought of cold compresses.....duh....

Offline Jim

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 11:53:28 am »
I just joined today and have been on Olysio and Sovaldi for 17 days.  I was on the peg- rib trail treatment in 2000-2001.  These drugs are nothing  short of a miracle. If a person stays busy the side effects are pretty much non existence.  The sensitivity to sun is pretty much it.  I mowed my lawn last weekend and burnt my lips so bad I still have open sores today.  How lucky are we to be on the best 2 drugs on the market.  Good luck and God Bless

Offline Mpetrecz

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 12:56:24 pm »
Thanks Jim...good to hear your doing well.  I'm going into my 6th week and I feel great.  All the side effects were in the first week only,  no headaches, no sleeping issues.....I am careful with brightness and sun,,,,the humidity beats me up...but my energy level is sky high and my brain functions are surprisingly fantastic...my strength is up too,,,,,
I've noticed my skin is really nice and the wrinkles are going away.....I've had minor hair loss...but I'm picking now,  overall, I feel great, I could take these meds for the rest of my life,...they don't bother me.
I am having gall bladder problems....not related to the meds and am being careful with my diet,,,,no one wants me to have surgery while on the s/o combo.  I was also told to NOT ride my horses.....I'm dying to....but most injuries are from stupid stuff and I get the being careful issues.....so I'm behaving....I'm dying to ride.  I stopped ridding because of the hepc....it was too hard physically and it drained me so much that I had to stop,  now I feel like I can ride like I used to,,,,for hours and hours,,,
Soon.....soon.....my life will be back....

Offline maineman

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 01:18:14 pm »
Today is the very first day of med on the triple TX  Olysio and Sovaldi with Rib I can say so far it good at work at little strange feeling but nothing like the old treatment of yesterdays. I have had C for many years and look forward to kicking some butt. Good luck to all who are doing the same treatments.

Offline Mpetrecz

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 01:50:21 pm »
Good luck, I just finished my 5th week.....and feel great.  My viral load is......undetectable....,woot woo!
I am not taking ribo with the S/ O.......but I've heard it's a little harder,,,,,good luck, keep posting,,,,Maine man...you'd didn't say how,long.,,,but hang tough, you'll be fine,  the sovaldi is the key.

Offline maineman

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 02:19:28 pm »
12 Weeks

Offline Mpetrecz

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 02:57:00 pm »
After the interferon and ribo, I can do anything for 12 weeks,,,,,good news is it isn't so bad.....from what I've read and seen,,,,as I said I'm not on the ribo....but the S/O is a piece of cake,

Offline Jim

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2014, 10:27:12 pm »
Amen to anything is better then that butt kicking Peg and rib combo. I never could get used to  sticking myself in the stomach between the black bruise s.  Maineman good to here what you like many of us have gone through but now are on the path of being cured.  Day 21 on the olysio/solvadi for me and just got back from having my blood drawn. (1st time since starting the drugs)  Very nervous about the results.  This is the test that sets the stage.  43 years with this disease so hopes are high and hope not to late for the old liver to recover even if the drugs works.  These new drugs are truly the answer to tens of 1000s prayers.  I saw the saying and or quote " Hep C Warrior" reading someone s post .  I m going to get that printed on a real nice hoody and wear it.   I think we should all have one.  Then we should all meet at a HEP C  convention. Ok maybe not.  LOL But the hoody s for sure.  God Bless all of us Hep C Warriors. We've lived through hell and now were winning. One pill at a time.   

Offline Mpetrecz

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2014, 08:36:45 am »
Well said Jim!  Fellow hep c warrior!  I'm into my 6th week of S/O.  My 4 week test showed undetectable........but I knew it.....I felt it at 2 weeks....everything went clear and so different.....my brain is fast and clear. My energy is high...this is an amazing high. 

Offline FRED220

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2014, 05:51:31 pm »
Hello Mpetrecz, wanted to know how things are going for you?

Offline Mpetrecz

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2014, 03:28:05 pm »
I'm finished now.....as of Tuesday......woot woo.  I've had weird aches,,,,one in my foot,,,my knee,,,,...and I'm still tired, but thins are clearing up and I feel pretty good.  I got tired and achy by the end of the meds,,,,like the last two weeks,,,...but I'm overall great.  This ws so easy compared to interferon and ribo......I feel cured but I'll find out for sure in 3 and 6 month check.
Hang tough,,,,it's the cure baby!!!!  Thanks to everyone involved with making sovaldi and the docs.

Offline FRED220

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2014, 05:50:14 pm »
Congrats on finishing and I will pray for you. Keep us posted.

Offline Debby

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2014, 08:40:31 pm »
Has anyone had the side effect of burning sensation of the gums and tongue and lips.  Tylenol helps some, but I hate to keep taking it if I don't have to.  I am on about week 8 of Solvaldi/Olysio.  I hadn't cleared the virus totally on week 6 but it was down to 170 and just had repeat labs done.  Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Debby :-[

Offline willie g

• geno 1 25million etc. s/o for treatment
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2014, 10:36:43 pm »
Hi Debby,I am into my 4th week of same MEDS,that is one thing I haven't had BUT a lady from the forum  was covered when she went out to drive her car,she had sunglasses too but from the light coming in the car she said she ended up getting burnt on her lips and had much discomfort, some folks are REAL sensitive from the sun which is from the oylisio which I have read.so I suggested getting face masks from dollar store or wherever,like the one's they wear in the hospital or painters wear when outside or just use it for driving if you feel funny,I got some AND I wear it all the time when I'm out because that's the last thing I want.  People probably think I have Ebola with this new incident HA ha but I don't care.GOD bless those poor people. Anyway my first day out I had it on my sunglasses were fogging up and I was tripping all around(  here I am with a mask and dark sunglasses tripping around,quite a sight I bet ,HA ha) so I came up with another idea,put holes in the mask around nose area and mouth area with a pen or whatever SO the air could get out and walah it did the.job. of course you can pull it down when entering store's etc. I wear it all the time with a hammer in my hand and people move so I get to be the first one at the cashregisters every time,kind of like Moses when he parted the seas ( I'm only kidding,had YOU going there for a moment eh? Lol)  lots of sunscreen and common since,which I don't have much of. Well you take care. You know now that I think about it ,dugh,just wear a silk scarf around your face like they do in other country's. Man,that poor lady I told about mask is still probably running around with that mask on,hope she reads this! I wear a cowboy hat and they have nicked named me :the lone ranger: even with mask on.  Again welcome and don't isolate inside because that in itself will drive you nuts.I am a isolator pursay but I was taking isolation to another level and that's no good and remember time flat by and your liver will heal and its all worth it!  WILLIE g

Offline willie g

• geno 1 25million etc. s/o for treatment
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2014, 10:42:41 pm »
Flys by IS what I ment.  I do it all the time (no,not. Flys by HE he) I MESS up my words. Later Debby. WILLIE g

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.