Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:10:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 93
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 79
Total: 79

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Insurance denied, manufacturer paying tab.  (Read 6972 times)

Offline Evil Santa

Insurance denied, manufacturer paying tab.
« on: June 04, 2014, 05:18:09 pm »
Hi all, a little background. I'm 61 and contracted Hep c in the mid 70's. I'm 1a  CT, I went through Int. And Rib. In 1999 non responder. I had moderate liver damage then. I've been fortunate, my viral load has always been under a million. And just suffer a bit of fatigue.

Fast forward to a few months ago. Went through the insurance appeals process for Sovaldi and Olysio. Being off label they denied the appeal. They went straight to the patient assistance programs of Gilead and Johnson and Johnson. And I'm excited to say I was approved from both companies for free medication. So even if you are denied these drugs there is hope. I am so looking forward to this. I have lived with it long enough and will be so happy when it is not Hanging over my head. I've been lurking for a bit but just wanted to share some hope for getting these great new drugs. I will start my 12 week treatment on Friday!!!
Jim
Ps. I'm not Evil ;)

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
Re: Insurance denied, manufacturer paying tab.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 12:40:13 am »
What a wonderful story. Please keep in touch during your journey. I wish you the very best.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline Evil Santa

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 10:19:49 am »
Thanks Lucinda, this forum and your blog are a wealth of knowledge for those of us with this Virus. Plus we share the same last name. ;) I thought I should share to let people know there is help with paying for these very expensive drugs. I should also thank the Folks at St Mary's Duluth Clinic for making it happen.  It really helps to have a team that is up to date and know the ins and outs of the system. Thanks again for the resource and knowledge  you provide for those of us in this struggle. I shall keep you updated..
Jim

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 03:06:19 pm »
Thanks Jim. I was thinking of changing my name to Good Santa, but I guess I'll stick with Porter. It's a great name as long as no one wants me to carry their luggage.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline willie g

• geno 1 25million etc. s/o for treatment
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 10:50:22 pm »
it is great to know your getting your treatment taken care of and also cool that you stated your excited to start treatments.i have mixed emotions about being excited and this is all new to me. when I start I will be glad when its over but good attitude and thx for the jumpstart  willie

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.