Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:41:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 50
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 38
Total: 38

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: new to forum appointment friday  (Read 11721 times)

Offline virgha828

new to forum appointment friday
« on: July 08, 2014, 09:41:15 pm »
Hi I'm new and thankful to find this forum.   I have type 2 and found out 19 years ago. I had a brother that passed from this disease after 2 transplants. Another brother that has this and is currently fighting liver cancer. I am very anxious to find out more about the treatment and hope to buddy with someone once I start. I am praying that my insurance will cover the treatment and that the side effects are doable. I have twin 2 year old grandkids living with me that I care for 60% of the time as well as a full time job. Any input on managing side effects welcome! Also anyone looking for a treatment buddy I'm hoping to start by Aug 1st, good luck to all of us!!

Offline willie g

• geno 1 25million etc. s/o for treatment
Re: new to forum appointment friday
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 10:39:02 pm »
AS YOULL SEE YOU ALREADY HAVE A TON OF TREATMENT BUDDYS. WELCOME BUDDY AND HANG IN THERE.

Offline Tess1971

• G2b, 12wk Sov/Riba, End 11/15/14 UD, SVR-5,14 & 32-UD
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 10:59:15 am »
I will be starting Sept 1.  I also have type 2 and found out decades ago.  I have been following new treatments for years and am finally going to give it a go with sovaldi and ribavirin for 12 weeks.  I have been educating myself on hepc since the 90s and have used numerous herb protocols since.  I would be happy to be a buddy and share anything we learn along the way.

Offline willie g

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 11:50:55 am »
hi, i have geno 1 hcv, be glad to be your buddy buti looks like tess1971 is steping up to do that because she is same as you good luck  wilie g

Offline rainbowray

• Gen 1B
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 04:53:24 pm »
Hi,
I am on Sol/Rib for 24 weeks as I am Gen 1. Gen 2 and 3 can do 12 weeks.
I have 3 small grandchildren, and I can handle them when I see them. I still take them out, went to a farm and then fishing last week. I am still working every day 8 hours, with over 1 hour driving. I am 64 year male. The  fatigue is the worst of it but for me only in the evening when I come home from my office job.
I think you will be able to  handle the kids , just be careful with them cause you may get edgy and don't want to hurt their feelings. The adults understand I am on this Med, so I holler at them all the time---lol

Offline willie g

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 05:12:26 pm »
thanks rainbowray, yes i am trying to be relaxed around them and we use to take a sip out of each others drinks but now i say no grandpa is not well so he doesnt want you to get sick and i said ,anyway if your sharing a drink with your brothers or sisters you should wipe the top good when passing back and forth,,then the whys come lol  everything you try to explain ends up with a why,lol  thankyou  willie g

Offline jttri

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 03:13:55 pm »
I have type 1 and have been on Ribavirin, Interferon, and Sovaldi, I am on week 7 of 12.  I have had some pretty typical side effects.  My doc says there is a 97% cure rate right now so I am hanging in there, stay strong.

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 09:41:23 am »
Hi jttri - You are more than half-way done and an inspiration. Thanks for posting.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.