Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:26:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 103
Total: 103

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Are you livertransplant and start a Sovaldi and Olysio cure?  (Read 8644 times)

Offline Anette

• Soon just transplanted, not transplanted with Hep
Hi
Im livertransplanted 2011-11-11 and start a cure 23 june with Sovaldi and Olysio. Today i wait for the call from hospital after i took the bloodtest this monday=2 weeks after i start.
My virus is 23 milion. I think that is a high number, is there anyone else that also had so much virus and are transplanted?
Im from Sweden so my english isnt so good, i hope you understand me.
Before the surgery i tried 2 times an Interferon Cure, but both times i had to quit, it didnt work on me. But back then my virus was "only" about 2 milion. Why is it so high now?
Genotype 1a

Offline Mike

Re: Are you livertransplant and start a Sovaldi and Olysio cure?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 12:07:55 pm »
Hi Anette,

They're getting good results with Sovaldi and Olysio in cirrhotic and liver transplant patients. I did 48 weeks of Interferon and Ribivrin and its was horrific. Sovaldi and Olysio is a lot more tolerable and I hope this is true for you.

Having read your other posts, it looks like it is really working for you and has significantly reduced your viral load - and that's with just two weeks of treatment! That is truly amazing! Looks like you're well on your way to a cure!!!! ♪♫♪♫

Best, best, best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline Anette

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 12:32:21 pm »
Thanks Mike, i feel amazing. This "dizzyness" i have felt all my grownup life is gone?? Hard to explain, instead of wawes i see/think in straight squares...got me?
Im not of a drinker but the feeling now im 100% "sober"
I told the nurse i have this experience and she said...Anette, your not alone, every patient that started this before you explain the same feeling of a clearness in thoughts and mind. Its so amazing.
My liver are ok, i got this medicine in advace because my joint are in bad shape, hurts when i walk. As i write before only 50 here in Sweden started this treatment so im lucky my doctor give me the ok signal to start. The other have a sick liver. I feel blessed. Now i dont have to eat strong painkillers anymore.
Genotype 1a

Offline Mike

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 02:12:44 pm »
That's great news!

I know what you mean about "instead of wawes i see/think in straight squares...got me?"

I finished treatment 12 wees ago, and the fog left after about two weeks of treatment.

The fog is ow gone, and I have clarity of thought - something I haven't experienced in over a decade. It's hard to explain - my brain just seems to work quicker!

I cleared the virus in 4 weeks and was clear after 12. I'l find out if I'm cured a few days (12 week post test viral load). If that's clear, and I'm pretty sure it will be, the dragon is slayed!

Best wishes to you, Anette. This has been a long journey for both of us; but there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline Anette

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 02:23:08 pm »
So so so good to hear!
Genotype 1a

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.