Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:02:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 157
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 103
Total: 103

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: How do you feel physically after becoming undetectable  (Read 11933 times)

Offline virgha828

How do you feel physically after becoming undetectable
« on: July 11, 2014, 05:47:01 am »
Just wondering how everyone feels physically after becoming undetectable? Have not started treatment yet but soon will. I'm hoping that all these body aches subside.  Not sure what I'm really supposed to feel like after having this for 19 years.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 09:39:55 am by iana5252 »

Offline yag1064

• Enjoy the life you have.
Re: How do you feel physically after becoming undetable
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 09:57:23 am »
Good morning virgha828,

I have been undetectable for 10wk. I can't say I noticed a difference. I still have to take the medicine for 2 more weeks. That is making me feel sick. But I did noticed that I am starting to feel l more social. I know that when treatment is over and the virus is gone. I will have more energy. On a more personable side, I know what I felt like when I got the news that the virus was undetected. I felt free. Free from all the self inflicted pain I have been going through since I was told I had it.
   This really begins the larger issue about how the mind can effect your health by thoughts. I see a lot of posts asking about side-effects. Side-effects are negatives brought on by whatever. Don't lose sight of the positive. That you will no longer have the virus within you. It's one less obstacle in my life. I would like to see more post with positive thoughts. All of us have our personal stories about how we got here. My intention is to help. Through this forum I hope to get to know many of you and be uplifted by your bravery to be free of the virus.

Just the beginning,

yag1064 
Tested positive 2007
Non respond-er to treatment 16wk of 48wk
Started I/R/Sol May 2014
Hep C returned as of Jan 2015
Started Harvoni Sep 16, 2015
1st Test V/L:20
2nd Test V/L: undetectable
Dec 2015 EOT V/L undetectable
12 wk SVR :undetectable  Mar 25,2016
24 wk SVR: undetectable  Jun 24,2016
52 wk SVR undetectable   Dec 16,2016   -- I,m past it!!!
Shambhala

Offline Mike

Re: How do you feel physically after becoming undetectable
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 01:37:49 pm »
I noticed a difference when I became undectable - I had more clarity of thought. Even though the INTF and RIBV was kicking the crap out of me, I could tell, once the side effects wore off (and the virus remained clear) I would feel great.

Today, I feel the best I have in 20 years. I don't have the Hep-C fog (once it leaves you, you'll know what I'm talking about), I'm more sociable and have a lot more clarity (sharpness). This is how I felt before I started having Hep-C symptoms, beginning in 1999.

It took several months for the side effects to wane. I'm feeling great now and really noticed the side effects wearing off about mid-June. I have more energy and motivation to get those things done on the "To-Do" list.

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 01:39:35 pm »
I've been working in this field since 1997, and most patients who clear hep C say they really notice a difference. Research supports this. As for me personally, I honestly don't know. For a long time I felt fantastic, but I had an unrelated medical issue show up that had hep C-like symptoms. It is now under control, but we'll see. What I know is simply this - hep C or not, I need to get enough sleep and daily exercise, and eat right and keep stress levels down. Easier said than done, but the results are so good, that it is getting easier to practice what I preach.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline virgha828

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 05:46:39 am »
Thank you all for the information. I found  out yesterday that the combo i will be on is the solvaldi and ribavirin because my type is 2. Ive been seeing S and O mostly on these posts. My PA said that they should get an approval and have the meds in 4 weeks. I'm llooking forward to starting and finishing! I'm sure the mental stress reduction after being cured is huge .  After so many years of this disease it will be very nice to think about the future and not have those  thoughts of looming gloom and doom!  Good luck to all!!

Offline yag1064

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 10:37:35 am »
Hi virgha828,
      My treatment also had interferon and Ribaviran and Solvaldi. Yes, that treatment is a little tougher but with the right frame of mind you will should get through it just fine. Treat yourself kindly. Do whatever makes you feel better. Rest when you are tired, eat when you can. Drink plenty of water and try to get in touch with yourself. Do a check in. How do I feel today? Notice those messages and adjust what you do for the day accordingly. For myself I don't feel like I have the energy to cut the lawn. So I don't. My critic tries to make me feel bad by calling me lazy. I don't listen. I know who I am and this is temporary.
   All I am saying is have fun with it. You will get through this. It is now within your future to be free from this invader. It is healthier to smile then to be afraid.
   For me it is about setting up the right environment for the medicine to work. And I guess I did a good job because I have been undetectable since the second wk. of treatment. I finish the treatment on the 24th. I haven't fully realized what not having the virus and not taking the medicine will be like. I have my dancing shoes on, ready to go.
    I see no reason why your experience will not be as good as mine. Don't dream about being virus free, live it. Try not to allow the negative emotions that arise to drain your energy. Right now you need all you can make.
   I see there are a lot of caring soles here. You will do fine.

Blessings,

yag1064
Tested positive 2007
Started I/R/Sol May 2014
Shambhala

Offline virgha828

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 02:54:53 pm »
Ty yag ,

There is so much in my life going on right now I almost put it off.  I have a daughter and twin 2 year old grandsons living with me one that was born with cleft lip and palate who is going through periodic surgeries and issues himself. I am a care giver to them as well as working full time. I really am counted on.  When talking to a friend she put things into perspective and i made the decision to go ahead now.  After reading your post, i feel even better about it. 

You are right about doing things according to how you are feeling.  I know i will have to push through my work day if I'm not feeling the best but at home we will just have to have others pitch in for the next few months (without guilt).

I am so happy to hear you are almost finished with your treatment, i will watch for your posts. Its realy amazing to be able to take part in a cure that is for such a horrific disease .

The best to you , Virginia

Offline yag1064

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 03:03:50 pm »
Nice to have a place to come too, and caring people who listen.

May you be happy, in all your journeys,

yag1064
Tested positive 2007
Started I/R/Sol May 2014
Shambhala

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.