Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:48:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 77
Total: 77

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Reaction to Sovaldi and Olysio  (Read 12179 times)

Offline Abbas Girl

Reaction to Sovaldi and Olysio
« on: July 14, 2014, 09:14:35 am »
I just started my treatment with Sovaldi and Olysio 6 days ago and I have an itchy rash on my arms, legs, ankles and chest.  Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what did you do?  I have a call into my doctor, but I don't want to stop treatment and I am afraid that is what he will say.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 01:00:24 pm by iana5252 »
Geno Type 1a
Interferon/Riba non responder 2006-2007
Sol/Oly 2014 (12 wks) relapsed

Offline doug

Re: Reaction to Solvaldi and Olysio
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 09:36:03 am »
hey abbasgirl,   they said a rash and itch was a common side effect .  I'm wondering if you have been out in the sun or did the rash just appear?

Offline Abbas Girl

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 09:40:17 am »
I was warned about the sun and I only went out with long sleeves, long pants, hat, sunglasses and lots of sun screen.  Everywhere I am breaking out was covered.  I really think this is the medicine.  I have taken some benedryl.
Geno Type 1a

Offline Anette

• Soon just transplanted, not transplanted with Hep
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 11:20:28 am »
Hi Abbas
Does it gets worse by the day or is it on the same level?
Genotype 1a

Offline Abbas Girl

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 12:57:05 pm »
It has steadily gotten worse, but we may have the mystery solved.  My sister came to my house and said she thought it was a contact rash and not from medicine because it wasn't all over my body.  In talking,
 the only thing different I have done is I changed my lotion from Eucerin to Eucerin with sunscreen.  We think it might be the sunscreen in the lotion!  I am still going to see my doctor this afternoon just to be sure, but I think the mystery has been solved!  Thank you all for helping.
Geno Type 1a

Offline Anette

• Soon just transplanted, not transplanted with Hep
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 01:01:07 pm »
Good to hear, i cross my fingers and hope its the loition that caused it! ( im from Sweden, hope you understand me! )
Genotype 1a

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 01:15:42 pm »
Abbas Girl - Photosensitivity can be very easy to trigger and it can be intense.You can still have a reaction despite the precautions, and exposure to sun even with sunscreen does not offer enough protection for everyone. The only real sure way to prevent it is to stay out of the sun. You said the rash was on you "arms, legs, ankles and chest" - were these exposed to the sun or completely covered?  It's good that you have a call in to your doc - the earlier you get help for this, the easier it will be to get it under control. You don't want to be miserable during treatment!
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline Abbas Girl

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 08:00:01 pm »
I Love this forum! Everyone was so much help and it most likely was the sunscreen I was using.  But to be sure my doctor gave me a steroid and a pill and cream for the rash/itching.  I am much better but won't be using Eucerine with sunscreen.  I have ordered another sunscreen that is chemical free and does not contain the sunscreen ingredients that the Eucerine with sunscreen contains.  This is day 7 and I can't wait to see how low my viral load is in 3 more weeks.  I have everyone praying for me and I know this is something God can easily handle!
Geno Type 1a

Offline yag1064

• Enjoy the life you have.
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 08:12:37 pm »
Best Wishes on your journey. May you fare well.. I agree with you. This is a great place to come to. So many genuine hearts. And the medicine works!

Blessings,

yag1064
Tested positive 2007
Non respond-er to treatment 16wk of 48wk
Started I/R/Sol May 2014
Hep C returned as of Jan 2015
Started Harvoni Sep 16, 2015
1st Test V/L:20
2nd Test V/L: undetectable
Dec 2015 EOT V/L undetectable
12 wk SVR :undetectable  Mar 25,2016
24 wk SVR: undetectable  Jun 24,2016
52 wk SVR undetectable   Dec 16,2016   -- I,m past it!!!
Shambhala

Offline Abbas Girl

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 08:22:20 pm »
Thank you so much.  I am praying that this nasty virus will soon be a thing of the past in all of us!
Geno Type 1a

Offline FRED220

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2014, 06:00:46 pm »
Hello, how is the rash?

Offline Abbas Girl

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2014, 10:38:29 pm »
Still have the rash but have it mostly under control with benedryl.  I go back next Friday (Aug 8th) for my 1st round of blood work and will discuss it with my doctor.  He told me earlier that he would not take me off the meds for the rash, we would just deal with it.  It isn't bad as long as I stay on top of it with the benedryl. 
Geno Type 1a

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.