Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:56:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 77
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 46
Total: 46

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 12 week post treatment lab results  (Read 14563 times)

Offline Mike

12 week post treatment lab results
« on: July 10, 2014, 11:39:23 am »
I completed a 12 week course of SOL+INTF+RIBV April 17th, 2014. I was a genotype 1a, with a viral load of 9 million per UL, male with Hep-C infection for over 3 decades. I failed treatment in 2001 (null responder).

My lab work came back today: All liver enzymes are normal as were CBC's.

I achieved an SVR12, meaning undetectable 12 weeks after completing treatment which = CURED!!!!! ♪♫♪♫♪

Sovaldi is a miracle drug!

Another dragon officially slayed.

Best wishes to all and thanks for all the support during this journey, Mike
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 06:52:16 pm by Mike »
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline Anette

• Soon just transplanted, not transplanted with Hep
Re: 12 week post treatment lab results
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 11:45:19 am »
Im soooo happy to hear that! Well done. Are you gonna take more test in 3 or 6 month, or is that unnecessary...( did i spel that right? ) hope i say the same when im done with my Cure.
Genotype 1a

Offline Evil Santa

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 11:52:36 am »
Congrats, so good to hear! The news just keeps getting better. I'm waiting on my 4 week results on Sovaldi and Olysio. .
Jim

Offline Mike

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 12:09:44 pm »
I see my GI in October and may have a quantitative VL taken at that time. However my medical records change today and cured is placed under Hep-C!

I've been undetectable for 5-1/2 months (I basically cleared the virus in week one of treatment i.e., went from 9 million UL to 103 UL, so I was clear at the 2, 4 and 12 week marks). If that holds 12 weeks after ending treatment, you're cured.

In fact, research suggests that if clear 4 weeks  after completing treatment (SVR4), there is a 99% chance that will hold at week 12 (SVR12).

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Cured July 2014

Offline Anette

• Soon just transplanted, not transplanted with Hep
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 12:17:26 pm »
Thumbs up!
Genotype 1a

Offline rainbowray

• Gen 1B
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 02:56:57 pm »
Nice, and encouraging.
I'm on my first week of sovaldi/ribavirin so it gets me pumped up to here how it is working. I am doing 24 weeks without interferon. Gen 1B.

Man, 30 decades with hepc, you are an elder to say the least.  8)

Offline Krissy

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 05:09:33 pm »
Great news Mike!!!! Congratulations on slaying the dragon!! This is very encouraging news for all of us still on treatment. 4 weeks for me today. I will find out my SVR4 next week.
Gen 3a, VL 3.4 mil, TX Naive, CURED!!!

Offline willie g

• geno 1 25million etc. s/o for treatment
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 06:49:47 pm »
GREAT MIKE! A NEW LIFE,  YAHOO!  WILLIE G

Offline Mamalof3

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 07:13:54 pm »
That's awesome Mike.  The kind of news I was looking for.  After two weeks my viral load went from 1,300,000 to 40.  Today after 4 weeks it's undetectable.  I know I am not out of woods yet as Doc says 12 weeks after I am finished Olysio/Solvaldi treatment is the indicator.  She doesn's have a lot of data on that 12 week milestone but hearing your news gives me great hope.  Also if there is anyone out there was not aware of this...I didn't know until I saw hepatologist that I should be immunized for Hep A and B.  Just finished second round for that well.  Good luck to everyone that's in this boat !!!  Take care all, Elizabeth

Offline Marysee

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 09:17:31 pm »
Mike, I have been waiting for this post for a couple of weeks now...and I am sooo happy to see it today. My profile is very similar to yours. I scheduled my 12 week bloodwork yesterday for the last week in July. It has got to feel great to not have that dragon breathing down your neck....congratulations and welcome to the rest of your life!!!!   Mary

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 02:10:53 pm »
Mike, I am so happy!!!!! I appreciate your support and presence here on the Forum, and although we want everyone to be cured, it would have been a huge blow to hear that you weren't. I am doing a happy dance.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline Mike

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2014, 02:55:29 pm »
Thank you so much Lucinda.

Your support for me during this journey meant so much to me. You're a true Angel to all of us!

I'd also like to thank everyone for the support and prayers (especially Mary - your encouragement really help me stay positive).

I'm so glad the new treatment worked for me. And, it's funny, though - I was worried that I would fail treatment and have to report it on this board and discourage or dash the hopes of everyone. I could have dealt with the treatment failure it's happen before. But to dash anyone's hope for a cure - that would have been very difficult for me.

Again, thanks for all the support and prayers as they help push me across the finish line, Mike
Genotype 1a
Cured July 2014

Offline Marysee

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2014, 08:52:58 am »
Mike, I know how you feel I wanted to post a question out here to ask how your last results were but I was afraid to in case they weren't good. Oh what a wonderful feeling it will be to no longer live in fear of this virus. I go in 7/28 for my 12 week lab work, should know by the end of that week...feeling very positive about it. Thanks for all your knowledge and support for all of us out here, it has meant more than you know!         
                 Mary

Offline rikkyde

• Detected March, 2014; type 1A
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2014, 09:24:56 pm »
YEA - great news Mike; I've been offline for about a week, but I knew your were expecting your final results around now.

Offline roxy209

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2014, 04:44:55 pm »
 :) Great News Mike !   Amazing, I have tears of joy for you. 

Roxy :)

Offline Mike

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2014, 06:27:56 pm »
Thanks. Sovaldi is a miricle drug!.

Coincidentally, my GI just mailed me a comprehensive list of all the blood work I had completed while on treatment and the 12 week post treatment blood work. It's pretty cool to see this laid out in an spread sheet. AST and ALT plummet week after week. Ferritin level reduced to normal and my glucose level tanked as well (and I'm a diabetic)!

I can also see the drop in red and white blood cells week after week, which correlates with the fatigue and exhaustion  I experienced during treatment.

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Cured July 2014

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.