Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:42:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 124
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 118
Total: 118

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 1 week  (Read 20051 times)

Offline crysmel

1 week
« on: July 18, 2014, 04:07:24 pm »
One week into S/O. no big issues, more tired than anything.
My Dr. has me do blood work every week.  This week my cbc was normal. Very happy with the treatment so far.
Irene

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
Re: 1 week
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 12:19:10 am »
Fantastic.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline Shirleyb

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 11:40:37 am »
I have 6 month labs August 8, so far undetected from s/o combo! I learned of the hep 3 years ago and I was angry that it lived in me for so long undetected by so many drs over the years, but now I believe I am grateful that I didn't have to suffer the older treatments. Now I want to know what is next? I have stage 4 non-alcohol cirrhosis and my blood is shot.

Offline willie g

• geno 1 25million etc. s/o for treatment
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 12:54:06 pm »
HEY,, WE ARE IN ABOUT THE SAME TIME FRAME BUT INTO 7 DAYS I WAS FEELING PRETTY GREAT BUT DAY 8 WAS THE COMPLETE OPPISITE,  DAY 9 WAS OK AND TODAY ITS JUST THAT ANNOYING LIVER PAIN AND IT CAUSES ME TO HAVE SHARP BACK PAIN TOO, RT SIDE, AND MY LFT FEELS HEAVY WITH DULL PAIN.  WELL THATS MY STORY AND IM STICKING TO IT! THIS POST HAS BEEN APPROVED BY  WILLIE G,,  SEE, ANY KINDA HUMOR HELPS BUT WHEN OTHERS TRY TO HUMOR ME, SOMTIMES I WANT TO CUFF THEM IN THE HEADLOL

Offline crysmel

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 02:16:39 pm »
2nd week blood still stable, has anyone else gotten blisters on lips.  I wear 50 sun screen, big hat long sleeves.  Wondering if the windshield is causing the blisters, as I drive.

Offline happy hepper

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 05:28:03 am »
I am on day 10 of o/s. Am grateful to be on this treatment. Had blood drawn last Friday, will get results tomorrow, Monday. I don't know what to expect, sort of hoping to be cleared of the virus, but it may be way too soon. I felt great until day 8 also, had a very tired day, with bright daylight really bothering me. Now I'm better, though the summer in Hawaii is not the best time to do this, It is time for the beach and the sun is very hot. Oh well, there'll be plenty more summers.

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 11:10:12 am »
Love your attitude Happy Hepper!
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV

Offline willie g

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 07:40:38 pm »
HEY CRYSMEL, TRY GOING TO THE DOLLAR STORE OR WHEREVER AND THEY HAVE 6 PACKS OF THOSE WHITE MASKS THEY USE IN HOSPITAL OR PAINTERS USE FOR PAINTING FUMES AND JUST WEAR THEM WHEN YOUR DRIVING, WHO KNOWS THAT MAY BE A CHEAP FIX. I GOT SOME TODAY [RAINY DAY] AT DOLLAR STORE AND I AM GOING TO VENTURE OUT TOMMOROW AND DRIVE AND ALSO TAKE A WALK WITH IT ON. HECK ITS A FAD IN CHINA!LOL  PS WATCH, ITLL RAIN NOW FOR A WEEK AND I WONT BE ABLE TO GET A GOOD READINGLOL, HEY BUT I CAN TAKE A WALK EITHER WAY! LIFE IS GOOD,GOTTA STAY IN THE FAST LANE,, WILLIE G

Offline crysmel

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 08:03:58 pm »
Thanks Willie, I will get some tomorrow when I have to go to the store.

Offline willie g

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 08:18:42 pm »
COOL, IM GLAD YOU SAW MY POST, WE WILL SEE TOGETHER HOW IT WORKS, I CANT SEE WHY NOT,, BLISTERS ANYWHER ESPECIALLY ON YOUR LIPS FROM THE SUN ARE SO PAINFUL AND EMBARRISING, I HAVE BEEN THERE, LAYING OUT IN THE SUN FOR HRS. ON END AND NIGHT WOULD COME AND OH WHAT A NITE IT WOULD BE,, YA FIGURE WE ARE BEING DOSED UP WITH ALOT OF NUCULITES]I THINK I HAVE THAT RIGHT]  BUT YA MIX NUCLEAR MEDS WITH NUCLEAR SUN IN SOME CASES LIKE YOURS IS LIKE STICKING YOUR HEAD IN A MICROWAVE,, WHO KNOWS, MY TAKE ON IT MAY BE OFF BUT I HAVE BEEN IN THIS HOUSE TO LONG SO I AM NOT GOING TO ISOLATE TO THIS DEGREE IF I DONT HAVE TOO, AT LEAST WE COULD GET TO A DESTINATION LIKE A MALL ETC. TAKE MASK OFF AND CARRY ON, GOOD LUCK AND KEEP ME UPDATED AS I WILL DO THE SAME  WILLIE G

Offline crysmel

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 08:57:32 pm »
Hi Willie, I have cabin fever so bad but do not have the energy to do anything. What treatment are you on.?  I am on S/O into my third week lots of fatigue not any worse than I had before.
When do you start seeing some results like energy etc  Where do you happen to live? I am in Colorado

Offline happy hepper

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2014, 04:49:09 am »
Has anyone been diagnosed w/lymphocytic leukemia as a result of Hep c?
My doc said that it should dissipate as I progress in my treatment (O/S).
Also, just got 1 week blood test results. I have not spoken to the Dr. yet but I notice that my ast/alt are way normal for the first time since diagnosis (1999) YAY!!!

Offline crysmel

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2014, 05:08:14 am »
Into 3rd week, of S/O  I am geno 1 with 11ml viral  load.  Side effects have been few, so far my blood work is stable. I do have blisters on my lips probably from driving but Willie G gave  me a good idea and am going to try it. Some itching nothing major.  Only if I could sleep at night.  I just get so tired during the day I have to sleep, no energy either.
This weeks blood tests will be able to see if my VL has dropped, I have had this disease since 1963.

Offline happy hepper

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2014, 05:39:16 am »
Crysmol, has your alt/ast changed?

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2014, 10:44:43 am »
Crysmol - I had sleep problems and itching too. My doc gave me 25 mg of hydroxyzine (an antihistamine) for the itching, and it took care of the itching and the sleep! I hate to be groggy, so I took a half pill at first. Also took it 2 hours before bed so I could fall asleep easily and it would wear off by morning. Worked like a charm. Some people take benadryl instead.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV

Offline crysmel

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2014, 01:52:11 pm »
Happy Hepper, yes my alt and asp have really dropped. Is that a good sign

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2014, 09:19:46 pm »
Very good sign. If nothing else, it says your liver is getting a break now. Enjoy.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV

Offline willie g

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2014, 04:04:27 am »
HI KRYSMAL,  IM A NEW YORKER AND TOMMORROW I GO FOR MY 2ND BLOOD TEST SO IM A 2 WEEKER AND YES THAT HAS BEEN ONE OF MY MAJOR PROBLEMS. I WAS TAKING IT AT NINE THIRTY AM AND WITH A HALF HOUR I WAS SLEEPY AND DRAGGED DURING DAY BUT I JUST STARTED TAKING IT AT 11PM  OR 1030 ETC.  AND EVEN THOUGH I SLEPT LATE  1 PM AND IT TOOK ME HALF HOUR TO COME OUT OF FOG I WAS IN. BUT AFTER THAT I WAS NOT SO GROGGY ABLE TO DO THINGS. SO I DID THE SAME AT 11PM YESTERDAY AND AS YOU CAN SEE ITS 3;53 AM  BUT IM GOING BACK TO SLEEP WHICH I COULDNT DO BEFORE SO I THINK I AM ON TO SOMETHING BUT REMEMBER 1;I AM ON OTHER MEDS BESIDES THESE AND 2 I ASKED DR. FIRST AND 3;ITS TOO SOON FOR ME TO MAKE A FULL ASSEMENT. DO YOU TAKE IT IN THE AM OR PM?  SOME PEOPLED GET INSOMNIA FROM IT SOME DONT, SO ONCE AGAIN YOU ARE THE BEST DR. WHEN IT COMES TO KNOWING YOUR OWN FEELINGS ON MEDS. THATS JUST MY OPINION BUT I HAVE BEEN AROUND MEDS LONG ENOUGH TO KNOW WHAT MY BODY IS SAYING AND HOW IM REACTING AND STILL I RUN IT BY DR. AND MOST HAVE AGREED WE ARE OUR OWN BEST DR. IN SOME CASES. TRUE COMMUNICATION WITH DR. AND YOU TELLING HIM THE REAL DEAL OF HOW YOU FEEL HAS SEEMED TO WORK FOR ME BECAUSE AS YOU SEE MEDS HIT EVERYBODY IN DIFFERNT WAYS,, WILLIE G

Offline willie g

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2014, 04:05:39 am »
SORRY I MENT CRYSMELWILLIE G

Offline willie g

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2014, 04:15:15 am »
CRYSMEL I AM GENO 1 1200000, 7.1 IU AND AM ON SOLVADI AND OYLISIO AND I WAS TOLD I HAVE TO TAKE BOTH MEDS TOGETHER  WILLIE G  AND ITCHING IN MY FIRST WEEK WAS CRAZY TOO BUT INTO THE 2ND WEEK ITS MUCH BETTER. I SEEM TO FIND THE LESS I DRINK THE MORE I SEEM ITCHY. SO I HAVE BEEN DRINKING MORE.. WHTHER THATS IT OR MEDS ADJUSTING I DONT KOW  TAKE CARE  GOOD LUCK  WILLIE G

Offline crysmel

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2014, 01:55:06 pm »
Hi Willie,  I am a week ahead of you I do my 3rd week blood work today they will check my viral load this week.  Will let you know how that turns out.
I have been taking my meds at night, I had sleep problems before I started the meds. so I can not blame it on that.  I find the cooler I am the less itching. I keep a fan going in my bedroom, as soon as I get too warm I start itching. 
I am just waiting for some energy to return.  I went from hiking, biking, traveling, dancing to a slug.
I have stage 4 liver disease, you know what that means.  My Dr. is very good at getting back to me ASAP.  Like you say you know your body better than anyone. Still I would not do anything drastic before I ran it by her.  I am lucky I only take 1 pill for depression, I am in good shape for the shape I am in.
Take care
Crysmel

Offline willie g

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2014, 09:08:56 am »
HELLO THERE, BOY YOUR RIGHT ABOUT THE HEAT, IT DOES CAUSE ITCHING AND JUST BEING OUTSIDE SEEM SO NICE WHEN YOU FIRST GET OUT THERE[CAUSE BEING CONFINED TO THE HOUSE SURE STINKS, AND NIGHT TIME COMES AND YOU JUST DONT HAVE ENERGY OR THE WILL POWER TO GO OUT] MY FAN HAS BECOME A GREAT FRIEND OF MINE LOL .  IT SURE SOUNDS LKE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL LIFE OUTSIDE THIS DAM HEP THING!  I LOVE THE OUTDOOR SIMPLE THINGS TOO WHICH MY FRIEND THIS IS NOT THE END.WE ARE GOING TO HANG TOUGH, GET THRU THIS AND COME FALL WE ARE GOING TO BE BACK OUT THERE FULL FORCE! MAN I HATE CHANGE OF ANYKIND SO THIS HAS BEEN A WHOPPER. YA, I TRIED MEDS AT NIGHT, YOUR RIGJT DOESNT SEEM TO MAKE MUCH DIFFERENCE. OH THAT MASK THING I WAS TALKING ABOUT I DID MY IT  DR. APPT. MY SUNGLASSES GOT ALL FOGGED UP AND IT WAS HOTTER SO IF THIS HELPS I PUNCHED WHOLES IN IT ESPECIALLY AROUND NOSE AREA AND A FEW OTHER SPOTS,,BIG DIFFERNCE. I WANTED TO SHARE THAT WITH YOU. WED. THE 6TH I GO FOR MY 1ST APPT. IN REGARDS TO MY READINGS ETC. ARENT WE LUCKY THOUGH WE DONT HAVE TO GO THRU THAT OLD TREATMENT? I DONT KNOW HOW THEY DID IT. VERY STRONG WIILED FOLKS PLUS OF COURSE THE CREATOR IS THE BIGGEST FRIEND WE HAVE SO JUST KEEP TALKING AWAY TO HIM,THE GOOD AND THE BAD, HE COMFORTS AND HE LISTENS.    WILLIE  G HANG IN THERE BODY

Offline Cicero

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2014, 05:26:36 pm »
I'm on Week 3 of treatment on S/O, which ends Monday (8-25). It is my 4th treatment regimen. My viral load at commencement of treatment was 729823 IU/ml. I had my first post treatment test at 2 weeks and my viral load was 17 IU/ml. I am happy.

I have a question for us treatment beginners: I have a pain in the liver region of my chest and back that comes & goes. Of course, I am used to this and have had it for the past 18 years (I am lucky to have no cirrhosis). But I noticed when I was on triple therapy which was my prior treatment  and was at 0 viral load my pain in chest and back stopped completely. Now, on Sovaldi + Olysio the pain still comes & goes. It could be that, since I have just started on S/O 2 1/2 weeks ago that my liver still gets inflamed, hence the pain. I think I had been on triple-therapy treatment for 12 weeks  before I reached an undetectable viral load and maybe that was why no pain, i.e., my liver had time to rest with less and less virus then, but now it has not (only 2.5 weeks).

Is anyone else having this pain while on treatment? Can anyone tell me why I am having this pain when my viral load is going down to undetectable viral load?

Offline willie g

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2014, 02:25:43 pm »
hey CRYSMEL AND CICERO, whats up? just checkin to see how its going, hey Cicero theres a town down the road from me called cicero ny so im not gonna forget your name and crysmel I felt like crying today but it was just because of my dog SHED, not really cry CRYSMEL  but the smel and all that other crap kinda freaked me out. you two have a great week,,,, wiliie g

Offline Cicero

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2014, 05:53:57 pm »
Willie G all is going great. I have another appointment tomorrow. I do not know if they will take my viral load or not, since I tested not detectable 2 weeks ago.  Actually, today in my 1/2 way point through the S & O treatment and it is working great!!. I feel good. No side effects, I think. I am a little tired, maybe that is one. I have not heard anything from Crysmel on her end of July tests. Crysmel,  what's up with you?? 

There are lost of towns named after Cicero. He was a great man. See ya later.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 05:56:10 pm by Cicero »

Offline crysmel

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2014, 06:42:51 pm »
Go to my week 8 post, doing fine.

Offline Cicero

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2014, 08:18:04 pm »
Great Crysmel. What is "post"?

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.