Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:20:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 87
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 76
Total: 76

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Following combo Olysio and Sovaldi tx HELP  (Read 10786 times)

Offline redsky

Following combo Olysio and Sovaldi tx HELP
« on: July 20, 2014, 12:40:36 pm »
I was 12 wks undectected after completing both Olysio and Sovaldi combo tx.  I had the normal side effects everyone has talked about.  Now I am weak as a baby and cant do much of anything.  Nothing I read prepared me for this. Has anyone experienced this?  It has been 4 wks since stopping.  I am getting severly depressed.   
Any thoughts will be appreciated. 

Offline willie g

• geno 1 25million etc. s/o for treatment
Re: Following combo Olysio and Sovaldi tx HELP
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 10:46:55 pm »
HEY RED SKY ARE YOU A SKIN?ONLY ASKING BECAUSE I AM PART CHIPPEWA AND MIC MAQ[FROM NORWAY REAGON AND CHIPPEWA FROM MINNESOTA TRIBE, ALSOI AM INVOLED WITH AFWESASNE ;MOHAWKS NY AND ONADAGA THE PEACE KEEPERS. YOUR NAME GOT ME THINKING, ANYWAY, I HAVE READ IN MANY BOOKS AND OTHER PLACES THAT THAT IS TO BE EXPECTED, THOSE DRUGS HAVE BEEN HEALING AND AFFECTING YOUR LIFE FOR 12 WEEKS SO BODY HAS TO REAJUST,  DEPPRESSION COULD BE BE INTENSIFYED BECAUSE OF YOUR CONFUSION. ANYTIME I COME OFF SOMETHING [CONTROLS AND OTHERS] I FIND EXERCISE REALLY HELPS BECAUSE YOUR DRINKING FLUIDS AND HAVING A GOOD SWEAT. THATS A GOOD WAY TO FLUSH SYMPTOMS QUICKER AND JUST ACOMPLISHING SOME EXERSIZE WILL GIVE YOU GREAT FEELING, SO HANG REDSKYE AND STILL DRINK FLUIDS LIKE YOU DID WHEN YOU DID 12 WEEKS LATER, ONAH,  WILLIE G

Offline willie g

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 10:50:21 pm »
PLEASE EXCUSE SPELLING, SPELL CHECK ALWAYS SAYS IM OK;BOY ARE THEY WRONGLOL  AKWESANE  CHIPPEWA AND MIC MAQ[ I KNOW THAT SOUNDS LIKE IT COMES FROM MCDONALDSLOL  NO ITS NORWAY REGION,  WILLIE G

Offline Mike

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 06:42:33 pm »
Hi Red Sky,

I came down with a viral flu the week I completed treatment and it made me feel worse then when I was doing treatment. It could be something like that.

Anyway, I hope you feel better and congrats on being undetected after completing 12 weeks of treatment!

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 08:10:45 pm »
It is very common to have this after an interferon-based treatment - The immune system is pumped up from interferon, and then we stop, and bam, get sick. However, I have not heard this about the ifn-free treatments. I am sure many of us will be watching to see if this is reported by others.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline willie g

Re: day 5 into 6
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 11:36:23 am »
hi,day 5 and 6  5Th RIGHT SIDE PAIN INTENSE,CONSTIPATION. DREANS ARE CLEAR  MOOD IS BETTER, NOT SO SNAPPY OR CRAPPY,REDSKY LUCINDA GAVE YOU RIGHT INFO I THOUGHT YOU WERE ON 3 COMBO,THATS WHAT I GET FOR THINKING, SO DAY 5 WAS GOOD AND CONSTIPATION MY BE DUE TO NOT MUCH ACTIVITY,IT HAS BEEN REAL SUNNY HERE AND I WANTED TO GIVE MY TREATMENT THE BEST SENARIO DURING WEEK 1, I HEAD OUT FOR BLOOD DRAW TOMMORROW AND IM GOING TO CHECK OUT MALL CLOSE BY THAT I HAVENT SEEN,AND THEN GO FROM THERE.DAY 6 11;32  EDGY BUT I ATE ALOT OF SWEET STUFF FRIENDS AND FAMILY GOT ME FOR BDAY. ITS GONE!  THAT WAS LIKE PUTTING POISON INTO MY SYSTEM AND I CAN FEEL IT,UP TILL THEN I WAS DOING GOOD AND I COULD FEEL IT, MO ITCHING, IM A LUCKY GUY AND HOPE ALL ARE DOING AS WELL AS POSSIBLE,  WILLIE G

Offline redsky

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 11:45:18 am »
Thanks for your posts!  I have been doing more reading.  One thing is, of course there are non-responders to the O&S txs, just as always. So, I figure, I'm either 1) still clearing the meds and 3months in means 3 months out..at least.  I am up and getting around finally and starting to sweat.  I couldn't sweat for 3 wks!  I think it's important, as Willie g said.  It was weird that I couldn't.  Its going to be in the 100's today, and I'm like BRING IT ON!  Maybe I'll actually feel comfortable in my body in the heat. I' taking my vitamins, (I found a liquid form, I think is the best yet) and drinking lots of water and eating a little here and there.
or 2)  It's all a sign of increasing viral load again.  Been there done that.

I will go to my GP today, who on my request, ran my bldworrk, minus PCR, to male sure nothing else was out of order.  Having been an RN for many years, at least he collaborates with me, unlike the hepatologist who think they know everything, Grrrr.
From what I've been reading, if my liver enzymes start going back up., I can figure it's all over (they had all normalized during my undetected stage). And my platelets had started returning to near normal readings. 

So today like always, one day at a time.  I can take the heat, but sometimes I have a total melt down. 

RedSkies at night to all!

Offline willie g

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 11:55:59 am »
THANKS FOR UPDATE REDSKY, WATCH THAT HEAT AND ITS GOOD TO HEAR YOUR SWEATING, GOOD SIGHN,LIKE YOU SAID DAY AT A TIME THX,,, ONAH  WILLIE G

Offline mrkim

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 09:56:40 pm »
Hi.
I have had a  disorder for decades now. However I have not had a depressive episode in a very very long time, thank God. If you are having a clinical depression do not wait and try to sweat it out. Instead or in addition to exercise go see your doctor. The new med they have now are good. The hard part is that depression med take several weeks to start working, so do not wait to see your doctor.
Mr. Kim

Offline MWS

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 12:46:31 pm »
Hello, i started Solvaldi and Olysio, 15 days ago, I have had really no side effects to speak of, maybe a mild headache but that could be  my sinus as it seems we have pollen all year long here in South Florida.  I exercise  daily and and eat right mostly.  I drink a lot of water and gatorade.  I just ran a 5K mud run obstacle  last week end with no issues.  My first blood work will be done on Aug 7th.  I feel good and have a positive attitude about this treatment.  I was diagnosed 1993 i believe and have never been treated.  Glad I found this board, Keep Positive...

Offline FRED220

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 07:45:16 pm »
Was reading your post and wanted to know how you are doing?

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.