Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:16:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 60
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 48
Total: 48

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Day 20 of Solvadi and Olysio and I still have a rash.  (Read 7129 times)

Offline Abbas Girl

Day 20 of Solvadi and Olysio and I still have a rash.
« on: July 28, 2014, 04:18:47 pm »
I am geno type 1a and I am day 20 into my treatment and I am still having a rash.  I can control it with Benedryl but just wondered if this is common to others taking this same treatment?  I feel better than I did 3 weeks ago, other than the rash and super sensitive to the sun, so I just stay in doors.  I have become an outside night person but the mosquito's love me also.  I was also wondering at the end of the 12 week treatment, how long until the sun sensitivity stops? 
Geno Type 1a
Interferon/Riba non responder 2006-2007
Sol/Oly 2014 (12 wks) relapsed

Offline Dharn55

Re: Day 20 of Solvadi and Olysio and I still have a rash.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 04:52:03 pm »
i guess i am one of the lucky ones. I just started the 4th week of treatment and other than a queasy stomach the first day or two I have really not had any side effects. I seem to have no sensitivity to sun. I have gone for several long bike rides on hot sunny days in shorts and a tank top and have not even gotten burned.

Offline donk

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 04:55:09 pm »
Back on 02 I had terrible ribavirin rash. I went to a dermatologist and he made life under treatment tolerable. Didn't achieve SVR. If you see a dermatologist make sure he/she knows what you are taking and not to prescribe anything that has an interaction with your meds. My hepc doc got me in the same day to see a dermatologist who was his neighbor. If I go on Solvadi/Olysio I plan to have a dermatologist appointment about day 5 of treatment. I get rashes without treatment sometimes. Good Luck.

Offline Abbas Girl

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 05:05:40 pm »
Thank you both for your reply.  If I can achieve a non-detectable viral load at at 4 weeks (which will be next week) then the rash will be well worth it!  I do have it under control with other meds my doctor gave me, but sure wish it would just "go away". 
Geno Type 1a
Interferon/Riba non responder 2006-2007
Sol/Oly 2014 (12 wks) relapsed

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.