Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:34:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 102
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 84
Total: 84

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: liquids and food,dont let up  (Read 11612 times)

Offline willie g

• geno 1 25million etc. s/o for treatment
liquids and food,dont let up
« on: August 03, 2014, 01:01:26 am »
hey folks IM AT THE 3 WEEK START POINT, I WAS DOING PRETTY GOOD BUT I STARTED SLACKING OFF ON MY HEALTHY DRINKS AND EATING 4 TO 5 TIMES A DAY[SMALL MEALS BUT WIYH PROTEIN,CARBS,ETC.  THINKING IM DOING OK.] WELL THURSDAY NIGHT I WAS FEELING WEAK AND NOT COMFORTABLE IN MY OWN SKIN, JUST DRAGGIN,AT THAT POINT I DIDNT FEEL LIKE EATING OR DRINKING MUCH  WELL IT KICKED ME DOWN AND I DID NOTHING BUT SLEEP, SWEAT AND MY RIGHT SIDE WAS HURTIN PRETTY GOOD, TODAY I FORCED MYSELF TO GET SOME GATORADE AND EGGS AND WHEAT BREAD AND A BURITO,  IN A FEW HOURS I FELT MUCH BETTER AND GOT BACK IN A POSITIVE ATTITUDE. IM ON SOLVADI AND OYLISIO WHICH IS DEFINITELY ALOT BETTER THAN THE OTHER ALTERNATIVES,ITS THE BEST I HERE BUT MY HEAD WAS SAYING ONE THING AND MY BODY WAS SAYING SOMETHING ELSE .MORAL OF THE STORY,  DONT EVER THINK  YOUR GETTING BETTER TO THE POINT WHERE YOU START SLACKING OFF ON THE IMPORTANT THINGS CAUSE I WOULDNT WANT YOU TO GO THRU THAT, AND NOW I MESSED UP THE SLEEP PATTERN I WAS STARTING TO GET SO IM WIDE AWAKE AT ONE IN THE MORNING.   THATS ALL I GOT,  WILLIE G , GENO1 12MILLION COUNT 7.1 IU ETC.

Offline Shirleyb

Re: liquids and food,dont let up
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 09:03:54 am »
Willie, I am praying for a "cure" response august8! Meanwhile, I felt better than I remember ever feeling from May til mid July . I started feeling foggy headed and tired, then the nosebleed, yuk. My dr told me to take more lactulose. I have been taking lactulose for constipation only since may 2013 when I got the second opinion and instead of " you have 6 months to live" I got " we can work together and you have a chance for a lot more years." I think I'm rambling(brain fog). Any way my point is the lactulose. I was only taking the lactulose when constipated, but I started yesterday taking a table spoon twice a day and actually am up this morning with hardly any fog. I added it to my peaches and cream milk last night and my oj this morning and it isn't thick and hard to swallow like that. I really enjoyed the time I felt healthy and I would like to always feel like that. Oh yea, geno 1 s/o finished April 24

Offline willie g

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 09:54:01 am »
SHIRLEYB I WILL TAKE YOUR ADVICE AND I THINK ITS GREAT YOU ARE STILL HANGING AROUND THE SITE EVEN THOUGH YOUR CURED.. ALOT OF PEOPLE JUST MOVE ON AFTER THIER TREATMENT ,WHICH IS FINE BUT THERES NOTHING LIKE HEARING A VETERANS STORY BEFORE AND ESPECIALLY AFTER,, I AM GOING TO MYSELF TRY AND HANG IN HERE ON THIS SITE WHEN IM CURED [YA, I WILL BE CURED!] BECAUSE PERSONALY IN LIFE I CAN NEVER FORGET WHERE I COME FROM AND THANKS TO GOOD FOLKS AND THE CREATOR  MY LIFE HAS HAD MORE GOOD UPS AND DOWNS THEN BAD UPS AND DOWNS, THX AGAIN!  WILLIE G

Offline Shirleyb

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 10:23:12 am »
Well, willie, on Friday I should hear "cured", but I am left with non alcohol stage 4 cirrhosis and my blood is running out of platelets so I may be winning the battle but the war is still ahead. I felt so good in May and June. I was so pleased and then I started having blood pressure issues( yesterday 165/58), fatigue and nosebleeds. I believe the s/o combo is great and hopefully I'm cured, but the fact that I was only diagnosed 3 years ago after all this other damage has been done just saddens me. I pray that soon hep screening is part of everyday labs so others don't have to be left with the same type future I am facing.

Offline willie g

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 06:13:01 pm »
YES ,SCREENING SOUNDS GOOD, MAYBE NOW THEY ARE DOING MORE OF IT DUE TO SUCH INCREASE IN HEPC, SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR OTHER COMPLICATIONS, I REALLY AM,, YA, I WONDER BECAUSE I HAD AND HAVE OTHER HEALTH ISSUES AND I LIKE YOU HOPE NOTHING TRIGGERS SOMETHING ELSE ,YOU NEVER KNOW AND THIS IS A NEW DRUG SO DOWN THE ROAD I MAY WAKE UP ONE MORNING WITH TWO HEADS ,,ONLY KIDDING OF COURSE BUT THERES A POSITIVE SIDE TO THAT ''TWO HEADS ARE BETTER THAN ONE;"  HOPE I MADE YOU SMILE.  WE CAN ONLY SLAY ONE DRAGON AT A TIME  SHIRLEYB  SO HANG IN THERE ONE BABY STEP AT A TIME WILLIE G

Offline Mpetrecz

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 07:04:28 pm »
I didn't take any supplements or vitamins or oils or anything during S/O treatments,  I just finished today....next week I'm planning on going back and adding slowly all the stuff I was taking,,,,from spirolina to flax seed oil.....I will look into adding lactolose.  Thanks for the info.

Offline Shirleyb

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 07:20:17 pm »
Thanks willie, you did make me smile. If I hadn't felt so good for a minute after the s/o I would have no idea what I was missing as far as feeling well. Now I suppose I have to resign myself to the fact that even though s/o is great and I was blessed to be able to have them, but I am fatigued and brain fogged forever

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 10:07:43 am »
Mpetrecz - Lactulose is not something to add in unless your doctor prescribes it for hepatic encephalopathy. As for supplements, less is best with the liver. Here is a guide to check before adding them back in: http://www.hcvadvocate.org/library/herb_glossary.asp#s The flax seed oil is fine, So is spriulina, but take care to buy a good one. I am not a fan of spirulina because of the risk of contamination.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.