Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:27:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 109
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 46
Total: 46

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: New here, week 4 Solv/ Riba  (Read 10823 times)

Offline Cjim79

New here, week 4 Solv/ Riba
« on: August 08, 2014, 08:26:18 am »
Hi, I am new and this is my first post. I have read some other posts and they really help a lot!I am a 53 yr old male. I was diagnosed with Hep C type 2a about 10 yrs ago. I have had it since the early 80's. This is my first try at treatment and I am in my 4th week of a 12 week Solv/Riba tx.
I have had some side effects, mostly anxious and tired at the same time. Not a good combo! So far it is all doable and I am working everyday and really not much else after work. Sleep has been a little rough but that to seems to be getting a little better.
My routine to this point is a Riba and a 10 mg citaloram at 6am, Solv at 9am with food, Riba at 6pm after dinner and then 2 tylenol PM before bed.
My 4 week blood work is due this coming Monday and I am anxious to see the results. I thank you all for being here this is a great site! I look forward to hearing from you.

Offline rainbowray

• Gen 1B
Re: New here, week 4 Solv/ Riba
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 10:35:29 am »
CJ,
I'm on the same treatment only twice as long. I am having the same symptoms and able to still come to work. The anxiety has subsided a little or I have just got used to it. I get a little edgy, and all around me understand except maybe the small grandchildren so I try to be careful with them. I'm 64 years, diagnosed 43 years ago.
I don't take any other drug, I'm trying to tuff it out and ok so far. Gettig a little itchy but no real rash. The fatigue is the thing I hope goes away after treatment, as it
can be a trial. I'm on my 6th week, and to encourage you when I got my viral load last week it was undetected. So it is well worth the symptoms we have to deal with.

Offline Cjim79

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 11:14:20 am »
Thanks RB, I will definely post my lab results as soon as I get them. other people on this site posting their 4 week results has certainly given me hope!
I agree as far as the fatigue goes, jeez! my butt has never dragged like this. But I figure I can power through being tired. The anxiety is the tough one it just comes from out of no where and it never seems to be at a good time...ha!
It has been my experience that going through things like this alone is never the easiest route to take. It is always nice to know that you are not the only one going through this. I am glad that I found this forum!.....Thanks!

Offline rainbowray

• Gen 1B
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 01:39:01 pm »
CJ,
Believe it or not, exercise will help the fatigue, I go to the gym and do the oliptical for 30 minutes, and some swimming. When I go, I feel better, have some energy.
The hot tub is also helpful. I'm not going as often now because of schedule, and I feel it.  Drink plenty of water through-out the day.

Offline DesertGuy

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 01:56:45 pm »
Welcome--there are people here that are within a few weeks of you on treatment--myself included--you will have more support here than elsewhere--keep posting and stay tuned in--

Offline virgha828

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 03:14:09 pm »
Hi CJ,

Im starting week 2 on the S/R combo.  I have had some of your same sides. I can relate about the grandkids. I have twin 2 year old grandsons that live with us and im responsible to babysit them with my husband while my daughter works after working a full time job myself all day. Thankfully its only two nights a week  and weekends but its been difficult at times. 

I had my first lab draw yesterday at 1 week not sure why so early but i do work for my doctor so maybe he is doing it sooner than normal.  I cant wait to hear, most likely  monday or tuesday.  I will post my results.   

Welcome, you are definitely not alone there are allot of great people here to compare notes with and to get motivation from when you need it!

Keeping the faith.... Virg

Offline Pelham123

• Genotype 2 - Tx Sovaldi/Riba
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 08:19:57 pm »
Welcome CJ.  I'm on Solv/Riba, week 2.   

Offline Cjim79

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 09:31:59 pm »
Thanks everyone for your comments! Today was actually the best day I have had in 3 weeks. It is only one day but I will take it. I was taking the S/R at the same time in the morning and that was when I was experiencing my worst sides, the next 3 or 4 hours were the worst! Splitting the time between the two by 3 or 4 hours seems to be helping. I am not sure what the deal is with that but it seems to be working for me better.
I have been drinking a ton of water, eating good and trying to squeeze in some excercise, even if it is just a walk. All things that I have read here!
I recieved my second shipment today! Starting month 2 in a couple of days, things are looking up!

Offline Cjim79

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 09:07:58 am »
Just had my 4 week blood work done! I am hoping to see some improvement.

Offline Cjim79

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 12:05:20 pm »
Hi, I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend!
I just started my 8th week of treatment and so far all is good. The 4 week lab results were an undetectable virus and the viral load was very close to if not zero. Good to have it gone after 35 years!
I have experienced the usual suspects concerning the side effects. They do seem to be alot more doable at this point, weeks 2 and 3 were the worst. I am able to do pretty much anything I need to do.
Good luck!

Offline Pelham123

• Genotype 2 - Tx Sovaldi/Riba
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 08:16:59 am »
Awesome Jim!  I'm starting week 7 today on  same treatment.   

My blood counts are still in the 'normal range' although Red/white lower than when I started.  My blood pressure seems to be creeping up.  Likely due to RIBA anxiety:  my startle reflex is working overtime, and I'm hyper vigilant about my health, blood results, etc. 

It's, as you say, doable. 

Offline Tess1971

• G2b, 12wk Sov/Riba, End 11/15/14 UD, SVR-5,14 & 32-UD
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2014, 09:10:14 pm »
Hi to all, I have just started my third week on sov/riba and my biggest complaint was the itching that started in the second week.  Fortunately I just found a way around it and am getting away with not having to take any potent antihistamines.  I have had this since the 70s and it is my first time to treat.  I will have some blood work tomorrow to check my hemoglobin etc, but, not viral load.  Dr I have says he does not check that until after treatment.  I know 12 weeks is not a long time, but, it sure seems far away at this point.

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.