Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:58:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 141
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 121
Total: 121

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Another new one here  (Read 10997 times)

Offline Bucky

Another new one here
« on: August 09, 2014, 12:37:35 pm »
Hello, New here and 1/2 through treatment. not doing to badly in general.
Bucky
I HAVE SLAYED THE DRAGON.....CURED SVR24!

Offline yag1064

• Enjoy the life you have.
Re: Another new one here
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 01:10:13 am »
Hi Becky,
   Are you taking the pills for 12wk or the one with the shot? I went through the treatment and am free of the virus. I was undetectable after 2wk. I hope you have the same result. The only thing I can tell you is the new treatment works. I'm living testimony. I was a non responder to the 48wk treatment back in 2007. That one was with interferon/ribaviran. I went through 16 wk of taking this with all the bad side effects and I didn't respond. Now the same treatment with the pill Solvaldi and I am free of the virus.
   What I think made the difference for me this time was that I changed my view of what was happening to me. I stopped looking at having the virus as flaw. I began to live with the virus. I changed my path and started to meditate. I have reduced my stress and put positive energy into life and have gotten closer with death. That's how I got through the years before the new treatments. Fast forward to the present. I am free of the virus. I have deepen my path and continue to meditate. There has been much improvement in my life.
   So how does this relate to you. Treat yourself special. You are going through a war. You need to put yourself in a healing frame of mind. Find something that you can draw energy from, whatever it is. And don't believe everything you think!

Fare Well on your journey.

Tested positive 2007
Non respond-er to treatment 16wk of 48wk
Started I/R/Sol May 2014
Hep C returned as of Jan 2015
Started Harvoni Sep 16, 2015
1st Test V/L:20
2nd Test V/L: undetectable
Dec 2015 EOT V/L undetectable
12 wk SVR :undetectable  Mar 25,2016
24 wk SVR: undetectable  Jun 24,2016
52 wk SVR undetectable   Dec 16,2016   -- I,m past it!!!
Shambhala

Offline willie g

• geno 1 25million etc. s/o for treatment
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 05:11:11 am »
HI BUCKY, TAG HAD A LOT GOOD INFO AND AS YOU WILL SEE WHATEVER IS ON YOUR MIND CONCERNING YOUR HEP C Will be answered.there  ARE PROFESSIONAL ON THIS SITE AS WELL AS PEOPLE LIKE ME GOING THRU TREATMENT SO WELCOME AGAIN AND HAVE A NICE DAY WILLIE G

Offline willie g

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 05:13:01 am »
I MEANT TAG,SORRY WILLIE G

Offline willie g

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 05:16:04 am »
BOY I'M HAVING PROBLEMS TEXTING. MY FINGERS ARE TO BIG ON THIS DEVICE YAG IS WHAT I MEANT

Offline Bucky

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 03:55:21 pm »
I have five weeks left on Sovaldi & Olysio only. My doctor doesn't use Ribiviran or Interferon any longer. According to the latest studies Ribiviran only increases the cure rate by around 5% and prescribing just the two alone is considered off label. The clinic I attend is at a very large teaching hospital that is heavily involved in clinical trials. At 4 weeks I was UD and I had my first normal liver panel in 23 years.
Bucky
BTW Willie, I see you are texting so I understand about the caps issue.
I HAVE SLAYED THE DRAGON.....CURED SVR24!

Offline yag1064

• Enjoy the life you have.
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 05:38:08 pm »
Great Becky,
     I have my GI appointment on Tuesday. There won't be one word spoken about Hep C. It's no longer important. I will work hard to restore as much of my liver heath as I can. Now I need to know where my liver health is today. This is really marvelous, talking about liver heath instead of liver disease.
    Here is to a new day!.
Tested positive 2007
Non respond-er to treatment 16wk of 48wk
Started I/R/Sol May 2014
Hep C returned as of Jan 2015
Started Harvoni Sep 16, 2015
1st Test V/L:20
2nd Test V/L: undetectable
Dec 2015 EOT V/L undetectable
12 wk SVR :undetectable  Mar 25,2016
24 wk SVR: undetectable  Jun 24,2016
52 wk SVR undetectable   Dec 16,2016   -- I,m past it!!!
Shambhala

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.