Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:49:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 45
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 41
Total: 41

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 6th week  (Read 11808 times)

Offline crysmel

6th week
« on: August 08, 2014, 10:53:23 pm »
I am starting my 6th week, blood work holding stable, still no energy and sleep problems. I do notice my mind is more clear than it has been for years.

Offline DesertGuy

Re: 6th week
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 11:04:40 pm »
another one--the fog is lifting!!

Offline crysmel

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 11:10:31 pm »
You can say that again Desert Guy, I was so bad I could not remember how to do simple things, much less carry on a conversation.

Offline wordforthewise1

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 11:24:33 am »
Hi Crysmal.  Just wondering if you take both s/o in the morning or different?  If I am rembering correctly my doctor first told me to take the Solvaldi in the morning and the Olysio at night, but now my doctor says its best to take both in the morning.  Just wondering???  I will start next Monday, August 18.  Thanks.

Sharon

Offline wordforthewise1

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 11:27:13 am »
Hi Crysmel again, I'm sorry I misspelled your name, guess it's the "brain fog," Lol

Offline crysmel

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 12:01:23 pm »
Sharon, I moved to taking them both at night, in the mornings I am tired and sleep most of the day. Yes, I was instructed to take both pills at the same time with food.
This is a wonder drug for sure, the other thing is sun sensitive so cover yourself if you go out and a strong sunscreen, the light really bothers my eyes,

Sending you Light
Irene

Offline yag1064

• Enjoy the life you have.
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 05:50:12 pm »
Hi crysmel,

I was asked " What do you most notice different now after the virus is gone and before." The brain fog is starting to lift. My mind feels clearer then it has been in years. Also the first time I noticed that my rib cage was higher than my belly. My liver feels softer. Feeling stronger each day.
Tested positive 2007
Non respond-er to treatment 16wk of 48wk
Started I/R/Sol May 2014
Hep C returned as of Jan 2015
Started Harvoni Sep 16, 2015
1st Test V/L:20
2nd Test V/L: undetectable
Dec 2015 EOT V/L undetectable
12 wk SVR :undetectable  Mar 25,2016
24 wk SVR: undetectable  Jun 24,2016
52 wk SVR undetectable   Dec 16,2016   -- I,m past it!!!
Shambhala

Offline crysmel

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 10:19:45 pm »
I am not totally cleared , but getting close.  My brain fog has lifted but I have so much fatigue and no energy yet, some folks have more energy shortly after starting not me, I do have some pain around my liver, other than that doing well.

Offline wordforthewise1

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 05:09:52 pm »
Thanks Irene, I am so ready to get started and have Hep C be a thing of the past.  My s/o meds come tomorrow and I take my first dose on Monday, the 18th.  Tomorrow I'll call my doctor's nurse practicioner to tell her I want to take the meds at night. 
Also, I'm sorry about your tiredness, praying it will very soon leave.   Stay on the ship, I'm about to get on too, I can't wait!

Sharon

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 10:25:01 am »
Sharon - Wishing you an easy, successful journey as you begin your treatment.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline wordforthewise1

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 12:35:11 am »
Thank you Lucinda.  I'm actually pretty excited about starting the treatment and getting hep C behind me, so ready to get on with my life!!! 

I am praying for an easy treatment too, but I was wondering about taking an "all natural" suppliment called Perdiem for overnight relief of constipation.  I have serious problems with constipation, this product works well for me.  I probably take it twice a week.  Do you know if it's safe to take with the s/o treatment?  My doctor's nurse practicioner feels it should be safe, but just wondering your thoughts???

Thanks for your support.
Sharon

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2014, 12:52:33 am »
Should be safe.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.