Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:57:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 68
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 45
Total: 46

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Started Sunday  (Read 35217 times)

Offline Picnic

Started Sunday
« on: August 14, 2014, 12:28:04 pm »
 :)After three regiments of unsuccessful Interferon..pegylated..ribiviron etc. It is a pleasure to be on Sovaldi and Olysio. It is day 5 and all is well with tests so far. ALT dropped from 60 to 25! Had more tests today and a viral load. Can't wait for results. I am pumped!!!
Larry

Offline virgha828

Re: Started Sunday
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 03:49:58 pm »
Thats wonderful! I wish you much success on your jouney!!

Virginia

Offline happy hepper

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 04:53:54 pm »
That's wonderful. Please keep posting your progress, it is so encouraging to read that wonderful word "undetected" from others. I will get tests tomorrow for the 4th week of Olysio/Solvaldi, and will get results next week. I will post it.
I am going through some fatigue, nothing I didn't bargain for. I feel a little confined, because I usually go to the beach but small sacrifice for huge reward. Thank you all for being here on this forum! Jane

Offline Picnic

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 08:48:26 am »
I was at the gym today and felt stronger! Is it because of the meds or am I just feeling good about myself for making it this far. I battled liver cancer then got a liver transplant . I then fought prostate cancer and won. Nine years into my transplant and now I hope to see my grand kids born. Thanks for the feed back it really helps!!! I think the man upstairs is pulling for me!!
Larry

Offline virgha828

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 01:21:46 pm »
Picnic, i am so happy to read your story. My brother has hep c and just got on the transplant list.  He has been fighting liver cancer.  He is in miami i am here in ft myers so diff docs . I have been begging him to get on these meds before his transplant to get rid of the virus before getting a new liver. You just gave me a whole lot of hope! I am going to read  your story to him . Ive been on s/r starting week 3 and have gone 6mil  to520 in my first week! When i told him he was so happy but stll dragging his feet does not have an appointment with his hepatologist till sept!

Thank you for sharing i hope to hear more if you are willing.

Virginia

Offline Picnic

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 02:11:51 pm »
Thanks for the reply! My brother lives in Port St. Lucie. Small world! My motto is never give up! You sound like a great support! I also got good news this morning from yesterdays blood work! Normal liver enzymes( I can't remember when it was last) and Viral went from 2.5 million to 700. In just 5 days... Tell your brother I wish I could have cleared the virus before my transplant. It would have made recovery better and less chance of problems. Keep up the good work. Any support I can give , I will be happy to. I really owe the powers that be!!!
Larry

Offline Picnic

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 02:55:39 pm »
Thanks Happy Hepper. Good Luck on your lab tests! Larry
Larry

Offline Picnic

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 08:58:07 am »
I started week 2 yesterday. So far so good. Exercise still ok. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow for checkup and blood. I will keep you posted! Larry
Larry

Online jberlin

• Global Moderator
  • Contracted Hep C in 76, treated 2004 & 2012, cured
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 03:32:11 pm »
Picnic,

You are an inspiration to us all given the incredibly tough Hep-C road you have traveled.  This time you rid yourself of the virus forever!

Good luck,
jack

Offline Picnic

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2014, 04:13:43 pm »
Thanks Jack! Your reply made me feel good! Keep on truckin!!!
Larry

Offline Picnic

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 03:43:36 pm »
Saw my nurse practitioner today at day 10. She says I am doing well. I asked her why they were doing CMV testing. She said they have seen some dormant cases become active when therapy was started especially in transplant patients. She has high hopes that today's viral load will be undetectable. Lets hope. She said that would be a good sign! Larry
Larry

Offline willie g

• geno 1 25million etc. s/o for treatment
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2014, 12:17:26 am »
good for you picnic, sounds like your having lightning results,, keep on truckin,,, hey desertguy,, see you should have kept on flashing,, lol     willie g  lifes too short to worry about others and people today are living in a assumable world,, they assume what other people  are  saying and thinking and come to too many conclusions without the facts,,, assuming can lead to untrue statements which causes dysfunction and bad feelings,,, everybody have a great week  willie g

Offline Picnic

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2014, 09:38:43 am »
Thanks Willie , you are always a," pick me up kind of guy" Larry
Larry

Offline Picnic

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2014, 11:21:51 am »
I received my 10 day on therapy HCV DNA! I am almost there!. I am at 250 . I started at 2.5 million. At day 5  was 700. All liver tests were normal. I have blood again next Tuesday. Praying for an undetectable! Larry
Larry

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2014, 11:23:29 am »
Congratulations. You have a doc who is testing you very generously, so enjoy the progress!
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline FRED220

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2014, 10:03:59 pm »
Hey Picnic how is it going?

Offline Picnic

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2014, 10:12:11 pm »
Starting week three tomorrow. Feeling good. I feel like I am gaining a few pounds. Have a really good appetite . Next blood is Tuesday . Thanks for asking!
Larry

Offline Picnic

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2014, 02:46:39 pm »
Had blood taken today at at day  16. I feel so good when I still see my liver enzymes all back to normal and my blood count getting better each time. Won't get viral load results until Thursday . I've read so much about viral load. I think we get fixated on rushing to undetected like it is a competition. I read in a blog that during the studies for s/o that all patients that became  SVR after 6 months post treatment , that more of these patients became undetectable after 4 weeks then at 4 weeks. Is this true?
Larry

Offline happy hepper

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2014, 02:55:12 pm »
I saw my Dr. yesterday to discuss 4 week "undetected" results. I was so happy. Then she said that everyone achieves undetected by 4 weeks on the O/S treatment. She then said that after treatment, 10% become detected during the weeks that follow.
I guess I'll have to keep praying. Thought I made it. It's still good. 90% is a pretty good bet.

Online jberlin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2014, 03:08:56 pm »
I hope your Doc was not a complete downer!  You should be ecstatic, as you have destroyed billions of viruses in the last few weeks... And, I believe that she is incorrect, as I am pretty sure there have been some non-responders to every drug regimen out there.  And she rounded down from closer to 92%, so a better way to look at it is that if you complete your treatment you have better than a 9:1 chance of being cured. I'd take that bet to Vegas every day! 

Congrats!
jack

Offline happy hepper

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2014, 03:17:26 pm »
Yes, great odds, I'm not going to worry about it. I will continue my regimen, keep positive and think about something else. I trust, that on the outside chance that I become one of those 9%, that there is another new treatment waiting for just that purpose. We live in amazing times! I am awestruck that these meds are so effective and user friendly. Ain't life grand?!!

Offline virgha828

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2014, 08:31:27 pm »
Hi Happy

I found out today  i reached undetectable!  It was my 3 week lab. 

Like you I'm going to keep on going along and pray it keeps away.  Sorry your doc wasn't more upbeat  for you. 

Virginia

Offline happy hepper

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2014, 09:32:28 pm »
Thanks,Virg

It's still a wonderful thing, Congratulations!! Just think what you've accomplished! I do believe when this is over that we will win! The odds are great and we deserve it!

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2014, 10:39:07 am »
Congratulations Virgha828!!!!!!!!!!
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV

Offline Picnic

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2014, 04:10:53 pm »
 :)

Just received my day 16 day on therapy HCV titer on sovaldi and olysio!!! I am joining the club of Undetected! I hope this lasts. I feel like a hammer has been lifted from my head. Thanks for everyones support!!!!! I am pressing on with the journey till the 6 month EOT Undetected!!
Larry

Online jberlin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2014, 04:26:46 pm »
Picnic,

That is awesome.  UD in 2 weeks - great news.  I think you can safely assume the medicine is working!  My 1st treatment it took 24 weeks for me to go UD, wow! Keep it up, it is going to cure you! -jack

Offline happy hepper

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2014, 01:20:12 am »
Hooray!! Good for you!! Doesn't it feel good? Life truly is great!!

Offline Picnic

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2014, 11:58:17 am »
Thanks for all the good wishes ! Great way to start the holiday weekend!
Larry

Offline Anette

• Soon just transplanted, not transplanted with Hep
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2014, 02:32:38 pm »
Good good news picnic!
Genotype 1a

Offline Picnic

Re: Started Sunday-Update
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2014, 01:37:36 pm »
Hi All,
Just started my fifth week! Fourth week still undetectable. It's interesting because when I see my liver enzymes still being normal and going lower, It makes me feel that I am still undetectable even before the results are in. Sound crazy! No real sides to report except getting up at lease 1 or more times more at night for bathroom. Must be the extra water! Still going to the gym 5 or 6 times a week. I thought that I wouldn't want to go as often but I guess the undetectable motivates me to continue. I also take a yoga class once a week. It is relaxing and teaches you to appreciate the good things and not to let the little things bug you. That's all for now. Good wishes to all. Larry
Larry

Offline willie g

« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2014, 01:48:14 pm »
great news viaggra, so glad for you, and picnic also another great victory coming thru,,  AND OFF THEY GO, HERE COMES VIAGGRA IN THE LEAD ,PICNIC BEHIND,GYRTYLE IN THE STRECH,AND TOILET PAPER IN THE REAR!  CONGRATS to all who are climbing this mountain   willie g  I am just learning how to get back to my replies that is why they are late

Offline willie g

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2014, 05:21:37 pm »
virgha im sorry i spelt your name wrong, its hard with all these names, you dont know whether its female male or whatever and my mind is not clear alot, i have to go back and forth and back and forth  willie g  have a nice night

Offline virgha828

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2014, 01:26:53 pm »
No problem just willie g. You bring comedy into all our lives and its a welcome break from all the seriousness!  :)

Offline willie g

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2014, 08:42:05 am »
thanks VIRHA828,  I am going to play your number 828, straight for a buck and boxed for a buck,,, I've been itching preety good lately[especialy palms] he he  Hey who knows? the SCRATCH offs sure as hell aren't working!  ''JUST'' WILIE G'   hang in there my friend,  later

Offline Picnic

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2014, 01:06:43 pm »
Started week 6 yesterday!. Saturday, I will be half way through my 12 weeks. Boy does the time fly! I won't have anymore blood work done until week 8. Last month of s/o will be delivered at the end of the week. I am hoping to celebrate my 9Th year of liver transplant , virus free in November!!
Larry

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2014, 01:51:01 pm »
Larry - looks like you will have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving! Congratulations on being half over.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV

Offline Picnic

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2014, 02:00:35 pm »
Yes Lucinda, Thanksgiving is very special for me as I was transplanted on Nov 20 and spent 10 days in the hospital. I remember hearing all the nurses talking about Turkey dinner. Well my thanksgiving dinner that day was Turkey broth! Since then all my Thanksgivings have been very special and I really have much to be thankful for!
Larry

Offline willie g

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2014, 07:26:21 am »
congrats larry! your moving along at lighting speed! cool ''just''willie g

Offline Picnic

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2014, 01:36:58 pm »
Anyone know the recommendation for the flu vaccine while on S/O therapy? Do we wait till end of treatment and if so how long after?
Larry

Offline Cheydal

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2014, 04:54:24 pm »
I am on Pegasus, Riboviron and Solvaldi... and I actually started Thursday Sept 18th.. So far nothing much to report, Thursday evening I did my injection... Friday evening I prepared my body for the flu symptoms, did what I learned in the forum. and By Saturday morning I was great... Sunday I cooked with my son.. I have been working every day... Listen to our moderators, they told me what to do ... I took their advice to beat the side effects and it worked. I realize that as the meds build up I may have problems. But I will keep all the info they shared. Week one is under my belt, going for week 2...

Offline Mike

« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2014, 05:51:32 pm »
Hi Cheydal,

I completed the same treatment protocol in April. I had a few bad days in the mid and later weeks; but was able to work with no problems. Make sure you drink plenty of water and get a lot of rest.

The 12 weeks will go by quicker then you think!

Sovaldi is a miracle drug and you're well on your way in slaying this dragon!

Best wishes and let me know if you have any specific questions about this combo, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline Picnic

« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2014, 10:34:32 pm »
Lucinda,
Thanks for the flu shot info. I will get it as soon as they offer it at the hospital. I started my 8Th week. It is going so fast! Sleeping well but more fatigue. Need to maintain the exercises and h2o. Good luck to all!
Larry

Offline sunrise

« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2014, 03:55:32 pm »
All of you folks are such a big inspiration. I have learned so much from hep mag and these forums. Im grateful for my wonderful dr. that picked this tx. for me. I started my S/O at 6 pm last night. I feel almost guilty as I have had this virus for 23 yrs and only now getting inflammation.  Almost thankful I did not get diagnosed til this summer. All the new treatments coming down the pipe is a miracle. You folks with transplants, you are courageous warriors. I take my hat off to  y all. Keep fighting the fight! 

Offline willie g

« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2014, 06:09:39 pm »
JUST keep that SUNRISE  up ,,, first one down and now you are certified to piss and moan.  'just'' willie g

Offline Picnic

« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2014, 03:00:37 pm »
Starting week 9 on Sunday! Opening my last bottles of s/o. Feeling OK! Today's blood work today still good. My GGT was 23. I think my liver is on vacation. Rest well my boy!!
Larry

Offline willie g

« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2014, 01:01:30 am »
GREAT! PICNIC,,,   soon the real picinic will start   ''just'' willie g

Offline Picnic

« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2014, 03:32:34 pm »
Started week 10 on Sunday! They may keep me on s/o for another 4 weeks depending on my next HCV viral load. Had three undetected then one <15 detected and then the repeat was undetected again. Blood again this week. feeling like a pin cushion. Hoping for another UND. Larry
Larry

Offline BattleTheBeast

• Female, 57 - SVR12 as of 7/23/15!!
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2014, 03:58:41 pm »
May the force be with you! You are on week 10 I am on day 4! Guess what we have a new approved drug and if the S/O doesn't beat this beast then the newly approved drug will. I am done living in misery and ready to feel good and I am betting you feel the same way!

~Mel~

inpatiently waiting for the next 11-1/2 weeks to fly by so I can say I am UND
~Mel~
Hep C, Type 1, 10/11  viral load 8,238,340, AST-60, ALT-57 Bili .6  Stage 4 cirrhosis,
Week 4 VL <15 AST 20 - ALT 27 Bili .9
Week 9 - switched to Harvoni VL UD!! AST 20 ALT 19

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
SVR 12 is 7/23/15 ACHIEVED!!! 
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline Mike

« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2014, 04:04:04 pm »
Hang in there Larry,

You've just about got this dragon slayed!

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline Doluska

« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2014, 05:09:38 pm »
Hi all, I am just 3 day on S/o and small dose of ribaverin. I must tell you, that you made my day! You are amazing group of fighters!!! No waining, no complains ! Only hope and force! Way to go! I " ll follow your stile: believe and continue!!!!
Doluska

Offline Picnic

« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2014, 08:12:10 pm »
Hi Doluska,
Good luck to you! Starting week 12 with 4 more to go! Still undetected!
Larry

Offline BattleTheBeast

• Female, 57 - SVR12 as of 7/23/15!!
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2014, 09:36:10 am »
You are all making me smile today! We are beating this nasty beast and you are all the bravest warriors I know!

Keep on fighting, we will prevail!

~Mel!
~Mel~
Hep C, Type 1, 10/11  viral load 8,238,340, AST-60, ALT-57 Bili .6  Stage 4 cirrhosis,
Week 4 VL <15 AST 20 - ALT 27 Bili .9
Week 9 - switched to Harvoni VL UD!! AST 20 ALT 19

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
SVR 12 is 7/23/15 ACHIEVED!!! 
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline Picnic

« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2014, 12:40:39 pm »
I am really enjoying the posts by all of you. It is really weird that we were waiting so long for the miracle meds and now within 6 months we have people on the forum discussing both treatments with great results. I am on week 13 of S/O. Very little side effects especially that the weather is not so warm anymore. Liver enzymes all within limits still. GGT is 23. Great indicator that liver is at ease. Platelets ,lymphocytes(WBC's) and Red Blood Cells have increased. Last 2 VL's were undetected. Congrats to all of the Undie Club!
Larry

Offline Picnic

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2014, 01:02:52 pm »

Getting Cured sure will have its benefits!! yeah!!

http://www.hepmag.com/articles/cure_risk_death_2501_26384.shtml
Larry

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.