Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:15:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 112
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 94
Total: 94

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Sovaldi/Olysio Combo  (Read 12843 times)

Offline Exhausted

Sovaldi/Olysio Combo
« on: August 07, 2014, 11:47:42 pm »
Has anyone experienced mania and/or confusion on this treatment?  Hanging in there with treatment.  At week 4, virus was undetected.

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
Re: Sovaldi/Olysio Combo
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 12:12:13 am »
Are you on any other meds besides Olysio and Sovalid?
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline Exhausted

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 07:15:54 am »
HCTZ, Antibiotics, Olanzapine

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 02:37:10 pm »
Since you didn't say which antibiotic you are on, not sure if there is a potential interaction, but unlikely. However, I would talk to your doc to be sure there isn't an interaction with the entire combo of drugs you are on, particularly with the Zyprexa.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 01:27:18 am »
Exhausted - I talked to a colleague today and asked her if she heard about mania reports on this treatment combo - she has seen a couple of cases of insomnia and one woman felt like she was crawling out of her skin. We both think you should  is report this (or have your doc do it) so if it is related, other patients will know.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV

Offline Exhausted

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 06:16:57 am »
Okay. Thanks.

Offline FRED220

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 09:53:15 pm »
Hello Exhausted, how are you feeling?

Offline MWS

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 02:45:37 pm »
Hi everyone,  I am going on week 6 with Sovaldi/Olysio combo and have had no side effects really at all.  Just got off the phone with the nurse at my GI doc's office. Liver functions NORMAL, Viral load had been 2 1/2 million UNDETECTED!!! I have been living with this for 21 years, I have more energy, my attitude good, my mind seems clearer, I am just so happy.  This is truly amazing and I am so grateful for these meds. There is hope for this shit now...  :)

Offline Bucky

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 03:28:37 pm »
Congratulations on some wonderfully good news!
Bucky
I HAVE SLAYED THE DRAGON.....CURED SVR24!

Offline jan

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 09:44:20 pm »
I am starting my 9th week on Sovaldi/Olysio. The first month seemed to bring the most intense side effects that I have experienced. Headache, mood instability, sun sensitivity. Staying hydrated has helped tremendously with the headache - I have bipolar 2 and I am familiar with ups and downs - but they are definitely increased since taking this medication, sleep is sometimes difficult but I take other medication to help with this. Sun sensitivity is much more serious then I had anticipated and I really have to stay out of direct sun. I too have gotten the response of no detectable virus after only 1 month. This is a great medication and I hope everyone who needs it will get a chance to take it.

Offline happy hepper

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2014, 11:29:28 pm »
Congratulations!! I can't wait to hear those words, hopefully this next week. I am now going on my 5th week. Side effects not too bad, except my feet & ankles are itchy and swollen. The sun is a problem, but I'm not complaining! I wonder how long after treatment we should avoid the sun, anyone know? Aren't we all lucky to live in a time that these drugs are available to us?

Offline jan

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2014, 11:52:52 pm »
Glad your doing well! I did happen to ask the pharmacist how long after finishing medication the sun sensitivity would last because I was planning a trip to the desert around that time. He said, at least 10 days and maybe longer, they really don't know for sure because this is still a trial. So, I canceled my trip till next year, by then I will be Hep C free! Good luck to you!

Offline oldmarco

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2014, 11:16:23 pm »
I started the Sovaldi/Olysio Combo on August 2nd. I was diagnosed with hep c 1995 I was on Interferon / Ribo in 2000 3 shots a week, horrible I only lasted 10 months didn't make the full year, There was no progress made. So the side effects I am experiencing is nausea fatigue headaches and muscle aches. I live in Florida and basically I just stay out of the sun. I seem to get fever like but I don't if it's just the heat. But what my real question is when the blood results come back undetectable what exactly does that mean?

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2014, 11:22:03 am »
Oldmarco - undetectable means that there is no evidence of hep C as far as the test can see. If that remains that way for 12 weeks after treatment was completed, then this is a likely a cure. Undetectable after 24 weeks = cured.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.