Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:35:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 56
Total: 56

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: New on dual Sovaldi and Olysio  (Read 5586 times)

Offline kc56

New on dual Sovaldi and Olysio
« on: August 15, 2014, 04:51:55 pm »
My first post here. I start on Sunday August 17. Got my meds already just have some major outdoor work to get done Saturday in the blazing Texas heat. I've read all the posts so I think I know to drink lots of water, I do anyway, I work in a shop with no a/c, and stay out of the sun. any more suggestions? Should I take these at night? I see people getting very sleepy after taking them. By the way I'll be on Sovaldi and Olysio only. Been on insurance for 4 months and they denied then approved 2 days later!! With only a $75 copay! Praise God! Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 12:26:18 am by lporterrn »

Offline Bucky

Re: Anyone on dual Sovaldi and Olysio describe the side effects?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 07:28:02 pm »
My first post here. I start on Sunday August 17. Got my meds already just have some major outdoor work to get done Saturday in the blazing Texas heat. I've read all the posts so I think I know to drink lots of water, I do anyway, I work in a shop with no a/c, and stay out of the sun. any more suggestions? Should I take these at night? I see people getting very sleepy after taking them. By the way I'll be on Sovaldi and Olysio only. Been on insurance for 4 months and they denied then approved 2 days later!! With only a $75 copay! Praise God! Thanks.
Welcome to the forum!
First I think that your copay is to high. Go to the web sites for the pharmaceutical companies:
link to Sovaldi   https://www.sovaldi.com/coupons    ($5 copay per fill)
link to Olysio      http://www.janssenprescriptionassistance.com/olysio-cost-assistance  ($25 copay per fill)
I am all for saving money so check these out. Without the cards my copay would have been $200 total for both. If your pharmacy sent you all three fills at once then $75 is great.
The meds do make me sweat in the heat so I do drink a lot of water. I also take mine with a good fatty snack about an hour before I go to bed because they do make me sleepy.
I hope all goes well with your treatment so be sure and check in and let us know how it is going. There are a lot of good people here that can offer advice.
Bucky

I HAVE SLAYED THE DRAGON.....CURED SVR24!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.