Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:42:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 126
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 121
Total: 122

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: A Special Hep Story  (Read 9452 times)

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
A Special Hep Story
« on: August 29, 2014, 03:47:17 pm »
This week's hep story is amazing. It is brave, honest, and from the heart. The author posted it before in the forum, and has courageously gone public. Thank you Richard. http://www.hepmag.com/articles/richard_guerin_2846_26081.shtml

I would love to see some more hep stories from forum members. If you aren't doing anything this Labor Day weekend, consider submitting a story to: http://www.hepmag.com/hep_stories_submission.shtml An act of labor can be an act of love.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline willie g

• geno 1 25million etc. s/o for treatment
Re: A Special Hep Story
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 03:52:32 am »
WOW thanks so much Lucinda for showing where to find that story,he is right, alot of your ego goes away and you find hope and answers even though you have been put in the Desert for periods of time.some IT seems like forever, before all of this I have had to live with deppression and pain and when asked by different caregivers ,drs etc. "Will do you ever feel suicidal " I would say no,but if somebody walked in here today and blew my brains out that would be fine" I have still thought this up till this hep c thing took place, at first I was scared for others getting this crap
 from me because in truth I have hurt alot of people alongthe way and I was starting to think I was a narcissist kind of guy. Man, the many wrong paths I have taken over this thing called life.I figured he'll THIS is just another evil(hep c) I will have to deal with.I have always been the jokester around people but the mirror told a different thing. I have smashed plenty in my life.somehow this hep c thing has become a blessing AND somehow I feel a change in life so when that gentleman told his story I had tears in my eyes, one of joy and one of happiness. I  have blamed the military for much of my feelings but I have found that's not the main culprit at all. Anyway thx for hep c as sick as that sounds but somehow, somewhere,I really have had some great changes in my life.Anyway my dad always said "willie YOU could talk the ass off a woodenhorse, but more importantly he use to say "so what costume are you going to wear today?" Just recently I think I have started to figure that statement out, all because of the quiet time I have been forced AND blessed to have done because of hep c. I truly believe today I would not want to hurt another in the remaining life I have left. GOD BLESS you and all whom you know,  willie g

Offline GoingtobeatHep

Re: A Special Hep Story
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 09:04:10 pm »
What beautiful story. Thanks for your fabulous site forum Lucinda
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 09:24:58 pm by GoingtobeatHep »

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.