Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:55:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 77
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 50
Total: 50

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I have been on Hep C for 2 weeks  (Read 9197 times)

Offline dawn

I have been on Hep C for 2 weeks
« on: September 24, 2014, 11:16:19 pm »
I have had a few side effects from the treatment but not like other people and what I  have read. I am on  Sovaldi + ribavirin + pegylated interferon for 12 weeks. I wrote earlier about  being sick and having trouble sleeping and sometimes being angry. I am just curious what else I will have.
Dawn

Offline willie g

• geno 1 25million etc. s/o for treatment
Re: I have been on Hep C for 2 weeks
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 01:15:00 pm »
Well DAWN, what else will you have? emmm let me think[letting me think could get crazy lol]  you may get an itch right at the top of your right leg right on the lower part of your butt cheek,[a little embarrassing in public so watch out for that one]  you may be making more noise in the bathroom between a grunt and a roar[omega 3 seems to help, with alittle milk thistle], you may hear a few more voices, or it may seem like your neighbor is mowing their grass more[I ran out the other day to say WHAT THE HELL DUDE, YOU TRYING TO MAKE A GOLF COURSE! and no one was there,,you may look in the mirror more and think your ,dam do I look that bad!? and when you go out all your friends and family will say ''my honey,, you still look GREAT[frigin liers ,just politely say 'thankyou'' and tell them you cant wait till tomorrow! and they will reply''whys that honey?''' and you then tell them 'Because im getting better looking every day''!   you may say flat out NO FRIGIN WAY do I want to do the boogaloo thing in your bedroom,,'' and then you will say as they try to comfort you''DONT EVER ASK AGAIN, AND DONT TOUCH ME'''!,,[that could always work as a plus in some cases] or you may Just want to open your front door and SCREAM[I have been doing that for years but I have noticed lately it has picked up quite a bit and I must say, now when I do,there seems like there is no one around my house,[hey,another plus]  but you may notice the police driving around your neighborhood a little more[watch out, that could be just paranoia from the meds and you will be looking in your rear view mirror a lot more and telling your passenger''SHUT THE HELL UP ,and when you get home you will notice you were the only one in the car,,, and last but not least!  whenever you wake up, come home, or whatever the first place you will RUN to is your computer to get on THIS SITE! [and that my friend is a BIG plus,,, I think     ''just Willie g

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 01:18:54 pm »
Dawn,
These are very typical side effects for the meds you are on. In fact, what you are going though is so common, I wrote 2 books to help people through it. Quite a few people on this forum are on Sovaldi/Olysio, so they will be having an easier time of it. Here is some info to help you: http://hcvadvocate.org/hepatitis/factsheets_pdf/Treatment_Side_Effect_Guide.pdf There is more at: http://hcvadvocate.org/hepatitis/treatment.asp
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline dawn

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 07:07:39 pm »
Hi Wilie,
No offense taken. In fact I thought it was funny. I will pray for you too. And thank you for making my day!!
Dawn

Offline willie g

• geno 1 25million etc. s/o for treatment
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 09:18:16 pm »
THANX dawn, I will sleep better now,, you stay in touch, YOU HEAR?  ''just ''wille g    dam what a bunch of kind people!  unreal 

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.