Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:55:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 98
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 59
Total: 59

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: New Sofosbuvir/Ledipasvir Combo Pill Will Probably Be Pricier Than Sovaldi  (Read 8293 times)

Offline Hep Editors

• Hep Mag
By October 10, U.S. health regulators will decide whether to approve a new drug by Gilead Sciences that combines Sovaldi (sofosbuvir) with the drug ledipasvir. The combo has been shown to cure up to 99 percent of hepatitis C virus (HCV) patients without the need of other drugs, such as ribavirin and interferon.

However, the new all-oral therapy is also set to be the most expensive hep C drug ever. Gilead has not yet revealed the exact cost, but financial experts predict pricing between $85,000 and $100,000 per patient.

Read more: http://www.hepmag.com/articles/sovaldi_ledipasvir_combo_cost_2831_26236.shtml

Offline mzcobra95

I start this treatment 10-22-14, I'm hep c GENOTYPE 1a naive, can anyone tell me about this combo pill and side effects are supposed to be minimal.

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
Since it isn't out, it is hard to say how long your treatment will be for, but assuming you don't have cirrhosis, then you will probably have an 8-week treatment with mild side effects. Most common are fatigue, headache, nausea, and insomnia, but the incidence of these is relatively low.

Keep us posted.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline mzcobra95

Thank you for your feedback, I truly appreciate it. I'm very anxious to get started and complete the treatment and wait for that first blood test.

Offline Anand

Hi Cobra95,

How did you get the beginning date of treatment as 10/22/2014? Kindly explain the procedure that you went through as I am in the similar boat.  I am also waiting for the SOB/LDV combo.  I have my appointment with my Hepatologist on the 8th of October.  I will like to know from you how I can move the process along  to get the treatment ASAP. I am glad to know somebody is in a similar circumstances. thanks   Anand

Offline mzcobra95

Hi Anand
I've been going through the requirements and to my doctors since May 2014 to get to this point now. I really have an excellent doctor, gastroenterologist who is very knowledgeable of hepatitis and has their own support group. I was so very lucky to find him and he's been trying w eating hepatitis for many many years, I am also lucky hat my primary care doctor is very knowledgeable about hepatitis also. If there was a way to speed it up any faster I don't know how, I've just been very compliant with everything I'm supposed to be and do. I hope this answered some of your questions, I don't really know what else I can tell you. But hang in there,  that's all I've done.

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.