Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:32:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 91
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 68
Total: 68

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Harvoni  (Read 19421 times)

Offline johnsshutts

Harvoni
« on: October 11, 2014, 11:39:26 am »
I am ready to start Harvoni real soon, appt. on the 28Th. I seen my Doctor in Feb., he advised me to wait. I was on peg and copeg over 10 years ago, for 14 months, not cured. It was a very rough 14 months. I was a supervisor with TSA, that didn't help. I didn't take much time off from work. I am a geno 1a with a viral load around 7 million. I have been keeping my hep c under control, I do have my good days and bad days! I have been taking herbs everyday for around 7 years. Max Milk Thistle, and liver care. I truly believe these herbs have helped keep it under control. I am so thrilled that there is a great chance of being cured. I only had a 40% chance last time, and terrible side effects. This will be a piece of cake, 12 weeks, with mild side affects! I will be cured! I will be starting a new fresh life, and I will retire in January!

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
Re: Harvoni
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 12:04:21 am »
I love your enthusiasm! Good luck.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline JillLynn

• contracted 1973/ peg/rib 1999 & 2004/on harvoni
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 09:29:07 am »
I started Harvoni on October 17.   It's my 3rd time trying to rid my body of this virus.     So far so good although my stomach is starting to feel nauseas.    But for 12 weeks.....I can do anything!       Anyone else on Harvoni?       I have such horrible joint and muscle pain.....and I always forget that's a symptom of Hep. C.   I so want to be pain free and Hep C free.  I've had Hep C for 40 years now and I'm ready to feel good again ....  been a long time coming!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 09:34:44 am by JillLynn »

Offline jberlin

• Global Moderator
  • Contracted Hep C in 76, treated 2004 & 2012, cured
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 10:50:37 am »
Good luck johnsshutts & JillLynn... Hope you get UD rapidly, and stay that way! Keep us informed as to your progress, as we are all pulling for you!  -jack

Offline fllazylady

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 09:43:53 am »
I will be starting Harvoni on November 10 looking forward to a cure. I have been living with hepatitis C since 1987. I have gone through three trials with no response. I'm 67 years old and would love to live the rest of my life Hep C Free. I am very positive and looking forward to this cure..my doctors at the Mayo Clinic say this is a good treatment for me.
Any suggestions as to how to make my journey more pleasant will be appreciated..
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 09:48:40 am by fllazylady »

Offline BattleTheBeast

• Female, 57 - SVR12 as of 7/23/15!!
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 05:33:38 am »
Hi Filazyklady,

Congrats on getting the Harvoni treatments. I am on the S/O and almost week 5 and Undetected, I started with a viral load of over 8 million. I don't think it matters which treatment we are on as far as basic suggestions.

Water, Water and more water

=Attitude, try not to have a bad one like me (smile) and if you do have a bad day come here and post and all these amazing people will help you turn it around

=Eat healthy and follow the doctors instructions.

=There is a great drug interaction tool  http://www.hep-druginteractions.org/ Lucinda shared it with us and I always use it and lose it, so to find it again you can just search the forum for the word interaction and it will pop up!

=Ask questions, the people on this forum have so much knowledge to share with us, it's really really amazing.

That's all I have in my fogged brain right now but you've come to the right place to get supported.  I will be watching to see how your journey to your cure goes. In four weeks you will be posting you are undetected(UD) too!

~Mel~
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 05:51:49 am by BattleTheBeast »
~Mel~
Hep C, Type 1, 10/11  viral load 8,238,340, AST-60, ALT-57 Bili .6  Stage 4 cirrhosis,
Week 4 VL <15 AST 20 - ALT 27 Bili .9
Week 9 - switched to Harvoni VL UD!! AST 20 ALT 19

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
SVR 12 is 7/23/15 ACHIEVED!!! 
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline fllazylady

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 02:07:37 pm »
Thanks Mel I'm happy to be on this journey with such great people I am sending light and prayers to all of you. We will all get through this together with positive thoughts..
Have a great and happy day..

Offline jberlin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 05:03:05 pm »
fllazylady, a couple of days into your journey now... wishing you a speedy UD and treatment, and cure!  We hope you will update us along your treatment experience.  Best wishes, jack

Offline fllazylady

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014, 06:15:15 pm »
 Hello Jack,
 I will absolutely update everyone on my progress I'm feeling great and I'm just feeling blessed to have a cure that is so easy..I am honored to be a pioneer in this treatment program..with hope and faith we will slay the dragon...
Love n Light
Paulette ☺️

Offline rainydays rainbows

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 06:55:44 am »
Hi All,  I was diagnosed last year 2013.  May have had this virus for some 40 years (may have come from a tattoo, but who know I was a crazy kid) .  My viral load was in the 5 million range.  I started Harvoni on October 30th.  I'm in my 4th week now. Next week 11/26 I get my first blood work drawn, then the following week 12/02 I follow up for results at doctor's office.   I still become extremely fatigued but became very fatigued after being diagnosed (maybe a bit psychosomatic about it, not sure).  I am 66 years of age, have been diagnosed with depression and general anxiety disorder my Gastroenterologist and the Pharmacist agreed it was okay to take my current medications Clonazepam 0.5 mg 2 X a day and Celexa 10 mg during treatment.  This may also cause the fatigue to be worse???  Just asking I take these as prescribed! I hope everyone is doing well and I appreciate the post I read here.  I'll keep posting lets all get well and Thanks to Gilead scientist for the long hours and their efforts to give us this opportunity to be well. 

Offline jberlin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2014, 07:32:04 am »
Rainbows,
Congrats on getting on the road to a cure, can't wait to hear the good news from your blood draw, stay positive and this will be over before you know it. Best wishes, jack

Offline rainydays rainbows

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2014, 01:24:26 pm »
Jack,
Thanks for the congrats. How are you doing?  Hope you are okay.   I am staying optimistic and keep pushing the battle daily to take care of business.  Will post the results from my 4 week labs.  BTW I am very thankful to Gilead Science that we have this opportunity to be cured of this virus. 
I am genotype 1a, no fibrosis or cirrhosis (according to 2 ultrasounds) viral load in the 5 million range, AST 51, ALT 58, Iron level 178 and Ferritin 525 watching what I eat closely.  Doctor had to rule at Hemochromatosis, My Grandmother pasted away years ago from Hemochromatosis, doctor ran test to rule it out.  Take care, K

Offline jberlin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2014, 02:10:48 pm »
Rainbows,

I am doing great, thanks for asking.  Lots to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!  As you can see on my profile, I also am/was 1a, and just celebrated 2 years since my last interferon shot, and but also thankful like you are that scientists have made it possible to rid the human race of this disease.  Stay positive and get cured!  -jack

Offline candishel

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2014, 08:27:23 am »
I have just completed my second week of Harvoni. Was in the Interferon/Peg study 10 years ago and it was a nightmare.  Bad reactions and very sick.  I was diagnosed 30 years ago.  So far I have experienced some pretty bad headaches almost every day.   I wake up and they are really bad but they subside as the day goes on.  I have really bad muscle and joint pain but am doing yoga to help with that.  Slight rash around my midsection and some itching.  For the first week and a half I was nauseous every morning but that seems to have subsided.  The side affects are so minimal compared to the last treatment I feel like I can deal with them easily for the next 10 weeks.  It is a miracles that we even have an opportunity to rid ourselves of this awful disease.  I am very grateful for all the support I have received from my doctors and the Patient Access Network.  Without them I would not be able to have access to this medication.   

Offline BattleTheBeast

• Female, 57 - SVR12 as of 7/23/15!!
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2014, 02:15:40 am »
Hi Candishel,

Welcome, you probably already know this but just in case you don't water is your friend with these new treatments and many of us have had real success fighting the headaches by staying very hydrated. I drink at least 16 ounces before taking my Meds in the morning and work on another when I take them.

If you have trouble with water a good trick is to get some of those mini bottles and keep them room temperature. Without even thinking about it you can drink a whole little bottle down in one try. Guess what? That's 8 ounces in; grab a Brita pitcher or what works best for you and just keep refilling the mini bottles. By the time you are 4 weeks in, you will actually want the water!!

I get my friends drinking water that way now. I'd given up soda years and years ago
But a bunch of friends were dieting and drinking that horrible diet soda; I've now managed to turn most of them into water drinkers now :)

If you are cirrhotic the aches and pains may be from that. If your nausea is that severe let your doctor know, perhaps they will have some ideas for you. Before you know it you will be Cured :)

~Mel~
~Mel~
Hep C, Type 1, 10/11  viral load 8,238,340, AST-60, ALT-57 Bili .6  Stage 4 cirrhosis,
Week 4 VL <15 AST 20 - ALT 27 Bili .9
Week 9 - switched to Harvoni VL UD!! AST 20 ALT 19

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
SVR 12 is 7/23/15 ACHIEVED!!! 
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline paparocks

« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2014, 08:17:23 am »
Merry Christmas friends

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.