Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:22:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 147
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 73
Total: 74

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: When will Harvoni actually be available at my pharmacy?  (Read 14001 times)

Offline iana5252

• Administrator
When will Harvoni actually be available at my pharmacy?
« on: October 13, 2014, 04:41:55 pm »
This question has come up several times so we reached out to a pharmacist friend and this is what he said...

"Most likely the drug will be in the wholesalers by tomorrow or Wednesday.   Most drugs store get daily delivery, but on a new drug, you may see a day or two delay as everyone is working to get the drugs loaded into their systems and contracts...etc.

Most likely, the stores will order the drug once they see the prescription has gone through the insurance."

Please share your experiences if you end up taking Harvoni.

Offline Surf Till U Die

Re: When will Harvoni actually be available at my pharmacy?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 09:36:45 pm »
     I got a call from my Treatment team was told they couldn't  start my application till Wednesday. She said then it would take about two weeks to get approval. I said then look it like sometime first two weeks of  November her reply was  end of October. Hope she's right. I do know its in Gods time not mine. I am just happy I am in the Q. 

Just a surfer looking for some waves John

Offline johnsshutts

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 08:24:20 am »
This question has come up several times so we reached out to a pharmacist friend and this is what he said...

"Most likely the drug will be in the wholesalers by tomorrow or Wednesday.   Most drugs store get daily delivery, but on a new drug, you may see a day or two delay as everyone is working to get the drugs loaded into their systems and contracts...etc.

Most likely, the stores will order the drug once they see the prescription has gone through the insurance."

Please share your experiences if you end up taking Harvoni.

Offline johnsshutts

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 08:33:29 am »
I have an appointment at 10:15 to start Harvoni. I called GEHA, my health insurance with the Federal Government. I was told it takes 48 hours for the pre authorization, which I will be approved. I called express scripts and they told me it will take 7 to 10 days to get my Harvoni shipped to me. I called CVS and Walgreens yesterday, and they never heard of Harvoni. Express Scripts already has Harvoni in their system. $200 co-pay for 30, and $500 co-pay for 84. I am not sure if I can use the $5 co-pay coupon from Gilead? One person told me yes, and another said no. I will soon be cured! Took peg and co-peg over 10 years ago for 14 months, no luck! I am geno 1A with 7 million viral load. Been taking max milk thistle and liver care for around 8 years. It has kept it under control!

Offline Jjules224

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 08:38:41 am »
I had the same problem finding the drug.  I called major pharmacies yesterday and they still don't have it in their inventory but Walgreens did mention that typically  only one of their  stores  carry any sort of "cheemo" drugs. 

Congratulations to you.    I am giddy with excitement .    I still have not dealt with my insurance company …   I want to bask in the idea of "maybe" before they smack me down> )    My start date is January 1.
1970s - Contracted HCV
1985 -  Diagnosed non A nonB 
1992 -  DX Hep C (Genotype 1a)
viral load 11,000,000
Started Harvoni April 13
( turned down 3 times by insurance-  gutted the equity in my house so I am self pay)   

Happy to meet other folks going through the same journey…. tired of the shame and the disease,

Offline Majorchas

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 07:34:58 am »
Hard to tell if the reps are telling the truth or even if they know the correct answers but both Gilead and UnitedHC told me that because it's a specialty drug (costing roughly  $1000 per tablet) that you will never be able to "pick it up at Walgreens", rather it has to be mailed to your proscribing doc or clinic where you will finally be able to pick it up.

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.