Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:09:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 91
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 65
Total: 65

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 6/12 weeks this Friday  (Read 7616 times)

Offline dewey1951

6/12 weeks this Friday
« on: November 18, 2014, 12:04:38 am »
Almost half way! Sol/Riba/Peg treatment. I had two really bad days, both Mondays, 2nd and 3rd weeks. The first Monday I was very close to calling 911. Even went so far as to lock up the house and sat on the front porch in case I passed out (my wife was on a business trip for 5 days, so I was alone). It seems to have tapered off, no more panic attacks, but the fatigue is a bitch. My 4 week blood test was confusing, because it said Detected-High, but said undetected in the reference range. I'll ask the doctor about on Friday. I usually feel "off" right after taking meds in the morning and evening but tolerable. No loss of appetite, I've gained 5-7 lbs though. No trouble sleeping, I take 2.5mg (or half of that) of Lorazepam (Ativan) depending on the day of the week. Peg Fridays at bedtime I take 2.5mg and 5mg of Vicodin. Compared to others I've talked to, my treatment seems to be a breeze. My ex-wife had to do the 48 week treatment and she had it pretty rough. That 1st bad Monday I was ready to call it off, but with the return of my wife (and the assurance that her next business trip isn't till mid January - I'm done 1st week of Jan), I think I'll make it. Hoping this Friday's blood work is more encouraging.

Offline rainbowray

• Gen 1B
Re: 6/12 weeks this Friday
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 10:03:38 am »
With all the new treatments out, and the new ones on the way, it disturbs me to see Doctors still prescribing Interferon and Ribavirin. No need to suffer like this for a treatment that is suppose to cure you.

Offline Bucky

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 11:02:59 am »
With all the new treatments out, and the new ones on the way, it disturbs me to see Doctors still prescribing Interferon and Ribavirin. No need to suffer like this for a treatment that is suppose to cure you.

I posed the question in another thread and here is the answer a moderator gave: http://forums.hepmag.com/index.php?topic=1731.0

Bucky
I HAVE SLAYED THE DRAGON.....CURED SVR24!

Offline rainbowray

• Gen 1B
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 11:30:30 am »
When Sovaldi was first introduced, it made some sense as it turned to a 12 week treatment. Now !! Go figure.  The percentages without these drugs is higher and
with minimal side effects. There are other facts too, but I will not open that can of worms.

Offline BattleTheBeast

• Female, 57 - SVR12 as of 7/23/15!!
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 09:01:20 pm »
Hi Dewey,

Hang in there! I don't have anyone to come home and help me. It's really hard to do alone but we do what we have to do. If you feel bad and need to got to an ER to get checked then you do that! Nothing wrong with it and I have almost done it myself when my feet decided to double in size along with my ankles!

Don't give up! We need to beat this beast into the dirt!

~Mel~
~Mel~
Hep C, Type 1, 10/11  viral load 8,238,340, AST-60, ALT-57 Bili .6  Stage 4 cirrhosis,
Week 4 VL <15 AST 20 - ALT 27 Bili .9
Week 9 - switched to Harvoni VL UD!! AST 20 ALT 19

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
SVR 12 is 7/23/15 ACHIEVED!!! 
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.