Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:55:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 72
Total: 72

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Just took my last Harvoni pill  (Read 6929 times)

Offline Vail

Just took my last Harvoni pill
« on: January 13, 2017, 11:03:59 am »
Just finished up 12 weeks of Harvoni treatment.  :)

All my blood tests over the last 8 weeks, my viral load has been "undetectable"...  ;D

I know I have to wait a couple of months for my viral load to remain undetectable to claim to be totally cured... But at this time the odds do favor my being 'cured'.  :) :D ;D

I never really had any negative side effects from the Harvoni treatment, other than extreme fatigue. And to be honest, I mostly blame the fatigue on some other health issues I have.

I do have to say that the Harvoni, so far, has been a true miracle drug for me.
It was so very expensive, time consuming and at times very very frustrating to get this drug... But getting rid of this despicable parasite virus was worth every bit of it.

Thanks again to all those great folks on this forum who help out... your all wonderful... Thank you so much.
Infected 1972
Diagnosed with HCV- 1994
Genotype 1A
F4
VL 20 Million
First Harvoni pill taken Oct 20th, 2016 (12 weeks to go)
No prior treatment.

Offline Mw2324

Re: Just took my last Harvoni pill
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 06:16:42 pm »
Awesome!! Congrats!! Now remember to take it easy while your body heals.  Best of luck.
30 yr. old female
Infected in 2006
Genotype 2b
Pretreatment:
F0
Alt 28
Ast 30
Viral load 49,000
Started Epclusa on 9/9/16 -12 week treatment
4 week viral load undetected... ALT 19 AST 19
12 week eot viral load undetected...ALT16 AST 11

Offline andrew j

Re: Just took my last Harvoni pill
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 11:09:50 pm »
This is good news, Vail!

I am so pleased that you have had a smooth ride on the Harvoni - and hope that your health continues to improve going forward!

Best wishes,
A.

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.