Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:16:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 157
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 125
Total: 126

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Harvoni Takes the Sting Out of Hepatitis C Treatment  (Read 8305 times)

Offline johnsshutts

Harvoni Takes the Sting Out of Hepatitis C Treatment
« on: October 26, 2014, 12:43:22 pm »
You all need read this article that posted today, at healthline.com, by David Heitz, great article. "Harvoni Takes the Sting Out of Hepatitis C Treatment." It is posted on the right side under most resent. I just want to be cured, just like a lot of us. So tired of waiting, when the great meds are out now. I am so ready to start my treatment, just like a lot of us. I am between stage 1 and 2, just a little scarring, no cirrhosis. Geno 1a, with a 7 million viral load. Was on peg and co-peg for 14 months, over 10 years ago. My doctor and pharmacist thinks they can get me approved for harvoni, because I was a nonresponder. A lot of insurance companies are not educated on harvoni yet, because it is a new drug, and of course very expensive. They both told me to give it some time and be patient. I am working with the Gilead support group too. I am able to use the $5 co-pay for harvoni or sovaldi. Maybe the insurance companies will change their guidelines, if a lot of pressure is put on them. Thank you everyone for your support and great advice, greatly appreciated. You all have a great Sunday with your families. http://www.healthline.com/health-news/harvoni-takes-sting-out-of-hepatitis-c-treatment-102614

Offline Jjules224

Re: Harvoni Takes the Sting Out of Hepatitis C Treatment
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 08:31:37 am »
It feels like the light at the end of the tunnel is here-

I am starting Harvoni on January 1 .. ( prescription written and  in the "system-- )  Hoping to meet others starting the journey.   I am much like many   of you-- I was diagnosed in early 90s with  "non A non b"  in the mid 80s… So have been living with Hep  pretty much my adult life time.   ( Couple of guesses when I got it?  Could have been in the 70s?   maybe a transfusion in the mid 80s? WHO cares, right?? )     Tried a few of the combination treatments over the years..

Finally feel like this may be my time to get this monkey off the back?     I feel a well of hope springing up in me that I didn't know I had left in me. 

Anyone else out there trying Harvoni?

First time ever on this or any other message board.    So thanks
1970s - Contracted HCV
1985 -  Diagnosed non A nonB 
1992 -  DX Hep C (Genotype 1a)
viral load 11,000,000
Started Harvoni April 13
( turned down 3 times by insurance-  gutted the equity in my house so I am self pay)   

Happy to meet other folks going through the same journey…. tired of the shame and the disease,

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 05:06:52 pm »
Welcome Jjules - I was in a Harvoni clinical trial. I think you will be quite pleased. Hoping that you have the same results as I did, and will be monkey-free in 2015!
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline Jjules224

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 08:41:09 pm »
I am thrilled for you.. …I  never thought this day would come for any of us.    I try to imagine what it will feel like to be "free"  of the burden.. liberate my blood..

I feel "hopeful" for the first time in many years.         Life is good for all of us!
1970s - Contracted HCV
1985 -  Diagnosed non A nonB 
1992 -  DX Hep C (Genotype 1a)
viral load 11,000,000
Started Harvoni April 13
( turned down 3 times by insurance-  gutted the equity in my house so I am self pay)   

Happy to meet other folks going through the same journey…. tired of the shame and the disease,

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.