Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:53:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 49
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 47
Total: 47

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 4 weeks on treatment UNDETECTED! !!  (Read 13308 times)

Offline sunrise

4 weeks on treatment UNDETECTED! !!
« on: November 06, 2014, 04:20:03 pm »
Just wanted to let everyone know, I just got blood test results from doctor. All normal! undetected VL. Shouting from the rooftop! !! Thank you Hep Mag for all your information and support!!.Keep figbting for the cure!!! Still on tx for 7 more weeks. Hope undetected after that.

Offline penny

Re: 4 weeks on treatment UNDETECTED! !!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 04:59:03 pm »
Is this with S/O?

Offline sunrise

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 05:08:02 pm »
Yes sovaldi olysio combo. Nothing else. 23 years with virus. 5 million vl when diagnosed in June 2014. I have a great MD and patient advocate group that have been relentless in making sure I got treatment quickly. So grateful

Offline badbradley

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 11:40:30 pm »
Sunrise
   Nice to hear! Hope you continue on to SVR 12!  I'm on same meds, 4 more doses
Hope to be shoutin' soon also. Be well.
                                                          Bad Brad
Geno 1a
Sov/Oly 12wks - relapse
Har/Riba 12wks
Alt-16  Ast-17 SVR - 12
Alt-15  Ast-14 SVR - 24

Offline sunrise

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 11:46:11 pm »
Thanks Bad Bradley
               So nice to hear from you. Thanks for the shout out. You are almost thru to the otherside and yes, undetected is what we are all praying for. I hope all goes well for you with your recovery and lab work.
Let me know how it goes. This will be a blessed Thanksgiving.  We have much to be thankful for. THE CURE!!!!!!!

Offline jberlin

• Global Moderator
  • Contracted Hep C in 76, treated 2004 & 2012, cured
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 11:13:11 am »
Congrats! 4 week UD means 92+% chance of cure if you complete treatment. I remember calling my wife and parents after I got that same news a couple of years' ago and I could not stop crying!  Keep it up, let us know how the treatment is going, and keep smiling!  All of us are pulling for you!  -jack

Offline sunrise

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 03:01:03 pm »
Thank you sooo very much. I know ot is almost surreal to hear those words. I was at work when doc calles to had to keep my cool, bit I was jumping up and down saying Thank God and the wonderful people pullong for me. I hope it will be 100 percent cure for me as I feel pretty darn good. So early in treatment my ast and alt went back to normal.  Although they weren't that high to begin with. Im thankful I caught it when I did. My doc seems confident that i will be cured and if this doesnt work, harvoni is tbe next step. This Thanksgiving is one I will remember.  Have a great holiday!!!

Offline Mike

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 04:08:40 pm »
Congratulations, Sunrise!

This is a big milestone!

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline sunrise

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2014, 04:29:51 pm »
Thanks Mike!
              I know right! This is amazing.  Granted I have a few issues with the meds, but compared to what I have learned of the prior treatments, I have no complaints. Now just concentrating on full recovery.. im on my 40th day of 84. So almost halfway mile marker! Thanks to all of you for your determination to see us get cured. What a blessing. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Offline Mike

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 04:49:34 pm »
Hi Sunrise,

I'm sure you will slay this dragon. You're undetected now, and the medication has 44 days to pound the crap out of any straggling virus (if there are any left at this juncture)!

It will be a joyous Thanksgiving and New Year indeed!

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline sunrise

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 06:06:23 pm »
Great outlook! Praying hard for cure. You as well. Have a joyous Holiday.  Again thank you for all the support and information

Offline bepper

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2014, 11:07:42 pm »
Congrats sunrise!

I always get a big smile inside and out when yet another poster comes on with the UNDETECTED joy post!!

Your screen name is a even happy one! I got my from 8 yr old granddaughter. I was at a loss for a screen name

I need the positive vibes this week, for sure.

Thanks for sharing the great news!

bepper
Dx: 1985 non a-non b Hep
Dx: over next 20 yrs "your body has cleared the virus on it's own, never worry again"

July 2014 Dx: Hep C GT3
ALANINE AMINOTRANSFE   0 - 33 U/L   72   H
ASPARTATE AMINOTRANS   0 - 32 U/L   88   H
HCV QUANTITATIVE viral load   5678036

Started Sol/Rib Oct 9, 2014
UD @ week 4 of TX
Completed tx 3/20/15

Hubby: Successfully tx in 2005
June 2014 Re-dx GT3
Cirrhosis of liver without mention of alcohol
Hepatocellular carcinoma

Liver transplant 3/2015

New life for both!?

Offline sunrise

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2014, 11:45:55 pm »
Hi Bepper
      Thanks! It was a great report. How about you? Are you still on treatment?  Hope you're feeling ok. I have been having joint pain and swelling in my ankles and feet. Also some pain on right side. I think its the meds in the liver. All in all not bad.

Offline bepper

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2014, 01:33:49 am »
Hey sunrise,

I started So/Riba treatment on Oct. 9th and approved through March 20. 2015. (24 week treatment)

Side effects have almost left me, even though I do get some brain fog, ear ringing, face itching and a few headaches that Tylenol helps.

Nope, no swelling, as far as pain, I am already a chronic pain patient I take pain meds for, so maybe that's covering the aches. Once in awhile, every bone in my body hurts, but honestly, I feel better than I have in years, esp the bone tiredness I used to have and I see hubby suffering with daily, has left me. I used to have side/liver pain, but only once since I've been on the meds. My vl was 30 @ 4 weeks!

Thx for asking, have a great night!
bepper
Dx: 1985 non a-non b Hep
Dx: over next 20 yrs "your body has cleared the virus on it's own, never worry again"

July 2014 Dx: Hep C GT3
ALANINE AMINOTRANSFE   0 - 33 U/L   72   H
ASPARTATE AMINOTRANS   0 - 32 U/L   88   H
HCV QUANTITATIVE viral load   5678036

Started Sol/Rib Oct 9, 2014
UD @ week 4 of TX
Completed tx 3/20/15

Hubby: Successfully tx in 2005
June 2014 Re-dx GT3
Cirrhosis of liver without mention of alcohol
Hepatocellular carcinoma

Liver transplant 3/2015

New life for both!?

Offline sunrise

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2014, 02:49:54 am »
Wow bepper 24 weeks I take my hat off to you. Sorry you have chronic pain also. What do they give you for that? Hope your hubby feels better. Did he have a transplant? Or did he beat the carcinoma? Man this virus is a real beast... thanks so much for your feedback. I pray for you both as well for all of us. We are warriors!

Offline mikeyman

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2014, 08:26:47 am »
Congrats Sunrise! Love it when I read UNDETECTED! That's great news! I am five days onto 24 weeks of Harvoni and feel great. So far so good. Not even a headache.
Keep fighting the battle.
Blessings
Mikey
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 12:59:58 pm by mikeyman »

Offline sunrise

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2014, 09:14:24 am »
Thank you Mikeyman
          I hope the same for you. I wanted to wait for harvoni, but my symptoms were getting to the point of starting s/o as soon as I was approved.  Im happy your on it, and you get thru easily. I've heard really good things about harvoni. Thankful also there are alternative measures if I do relapse. We are living in a miraclous time. Have a great day!

Offline mikeyman

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2014, 09:54:55 am »
Thanks  Sunrise! I was originally prescribed s/o as well but my insurance denied it. So my doctor prescribed Harvoni as it was just approved. Of course they denied it too. Then mysupportpath came through for me. I got extremely lucky. I am so greatful. The S/o has great cure rates as well. Time will tell on the Harvoni..
Prayers your way for a complete cure!
Peace
Mikeyman

Offline sunrise

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2014, 10:03:38 am »
Yes yes yes!  Mikeyman
              Support path has been wonderful! I think they really want to see results with this game changer. We are so lucky! I as well have been blessed with the help I need. Have wonderful and joyous Thanksgiving as we have much to be thankful for! Peace to you my brother...Sunrise

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.