Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:54:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 47
Total: 47

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Harvoni Copay Costs!!  (Read 17063 times)

Offline art1951

Harvoni Copay Costs!!
« on: November 08, 2014, 11:59:43 am »
I have been on Harvoni for 3 weeks and just went to the pharmacy for my next months prescription and got a wake up call.  When I first went to them they mentioned that they were managing the relationship with Gilead and had the $5 coupon and it would cost me $5 copy each of the 3 months.  On this trip they told me that the Gilead coupon was used up and it would cost me $3,800 out of pocket for this month and $14,500 for the last month.  My insurance has a 30% copay for prescriptions.  The coupon covers a maximum of $23,500. 
I tried mysupportpath but they confirmed that the coupon has been used and they recommended I try needymeds.org.  Unfortunately they only help those who are below the poverty level which I am not.
Any advise?  I can try and get a loan but I don't have $18,529 under my mattress.

Thanks
-Art 

Offline Bucky

Re: Harvoni Copay Costs!!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 12:42:01 pm »
I have been on Harvoni for 3 weeks and just went to the pharmacy for my next months prescription and got a wake up call.  When I first went to them they mentioned that they were managing the relationship with Gilead and had the $5 coupon and it would cost me $5 copy each of the 3 months.  On this trip they told me that the Gilead coupon was used up and it would cost me $3,800 out of pocket for this month and $14,500 for the last month.  My insurance has a 30% copay for prescriptions.  The coupon covers a maximum of $23,500. 
I tried mysupportpath but they confirmed that the coupon has been used and they recommended I try needymeds.org.  Unfortunately they only help those who are below the poverty level which I am not.
Any advise?  I can try and get a loan but I don't have $18,529 under my mattress.

Thanks
-Art

Hi Art,
Something I don't understand, from their wed site: Co-pay Coupon Terms and Conditions

"The HARVONI co-pay coupon program will cover the out-of-pocket costs of your HARVONI prescriptions after you pay the first $5 per prescription fill, up to a maximum of 25% of the catalog price of a 12-week regimen of HARVONI. The offer is valid for 6 months from the time of first redemption". 
 So what I am understanding is that since you have a 30% copay then you went over the 25% maximum the first month.
If I may ask, who is your insurance carrier?
Bucky

I HAVE SLAYED THE DRAGON.....CURED SVR24!

Offline Bucky

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 12:48:30 pm »
Art,
I looked at your old posts and see that you have BCBS so I am guessing that Express Scripts handles your meds. Is your insurance through your work?
Bucky

Offline art1951

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 01:16:57 pm »
Bucky,
I have BCBS of Oklahoma through work.  They directed me to Prime Specialty Pharmacy. 
My doctor originally asked me to use American Specialty Pharmacy and BCBS sent me a letter that there would be a 20% penalty for going outside of their network.  They also stated that they had not heard of Harvoni and that I should go ahead and get the second round filled from American Specialty.  American Specialty mentioned that my copay is $14,655 each time and that the Gilead coupon had covered the first batch and all but $3,869 of the second batch and the coupon was then used up and I would have to pay the full $14,655 for the December batch.

I have called Prime Specialty Pharmacy again and they are checking on Harvoni and will get back to me on Monday.

Thanks,
Art

Offline marv777

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 02:36:21 pm »
https://www.panfoundation.org/    Hey Art, try this place. It is based on income if you qualify and they helped me out. My ins. covered most of the bill but my co-pay was 1037.00 for my first 28 pills and 6.50 for second bottle and since third bottle is after the first of the year the last co-pay is 1037.00 again. I was on the phone with them and ten minutes later they gave me a grant for 10000.00 and said if I needed more to call them back. So not sure if it will help but they sure made my day. Mark

Offline art1951

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 02:40:34 pm »
Thanks,  I tried them but do not qualify because of income.

Art

Offline Bucky

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 06:44:32 pm »
https://www.panfoundation.org/    Hey Art, try this place. It is based on income if you qualify and they helped me out. My ins. covered most of the bill but my co-pay was 1037.00 for my first 28 pills and 6.50 for second bottle and since third bottle is after the first of the year the last co-pay is 1037.00 again. I was on the phone with them and ten minutes later they gave me a grant for 10000.00 and said if I needed more to call them back. So not sure if it will help but they sure made my day. Mark

Hello Marv,
Who is your insurance carrier?
Bucky

Offline marv777

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 07:18:02 pm »
Hey Bucky, my part d drug plan is through United health care.  Gastro sent in the scrip and four days later he called and said i was approved.

Offline matradee124

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 11:59:30 pm »
keystone 65 hmo rejected me for harvoni after I appealed they paid for s/o medication thank GOD

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.