Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:01:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 107
Total: 107

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 2 wks in ribavirin and sovaldi  (Read 9409 times)

Offline Deck

2 wks in ribavirin and sovaldi
« on: November 14, 2014, 02:50:47 pm »
I've gained like 5 lbs which is disturbing because I'm wondering if it has to do with a blood sugar or thyroid issue from the meds.  Generally I feel ok, mornings are rough for like 20 minutes until I drink some coffee and get my body temperature back to a normal level.  Lots of night sweats making me think I'm sleeping with a mild fever.  Hope this is working

Offline rainbowray

• Gen 1B
Re: 2 wks in ribavirin and sovaldi
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 03:28:59 pm »
I'm finishing up this same treatment, after 20 weeks so far, I have gained a total of 5 lbs. Mostly because I am too tired to do much exercise, I really watch what i eat.
Hope your Dr. is taking lab work and watching the signs. The Thryroid can be affected by Ribavirin. I did not have this issue because mine was removed 45 years ago, no worries there.
The pancreas gets overloaded too, and that can cause weight issues. Keep close watch of things.

Offline zeena

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 07:35:54 am »
hi,
   i am almost done with riba and sovaldi. i remember lots of aches and pains in the beginning,i remember mentally feeling like i was outside my head watching what was going on, a kind of depersonalization. i remember exercise making my pain dissapear, and downing water. lots and lots of water. then in work, i gave it my all because i have to, its a physically demanding job and mentally too. the physical side i could keep up with , having lost weight and exercising. the mental side, stumped me. i became easily confused and stress,  basically blocked out thought. this is still happening, with an exception.  when i have slept, when i am not under stress.  i seem to have a clear view of things, for the first time in years, i have a sense of being o.k.. i believe with more people being cured the mental affects of hep c are going to come to light.i also had excema looking rashes on my elbows, for years, which have dissapeared,i am at the end of my  tx. i look forward to the  new possibilities of health , clear thinking,and a sense of self i havent had in years.i am a little pissed off at doctors wanting to drug a patient when stress hits instead of understanding that a reduction in work can have the same effect and less invasive, i am not a friggen robot.to have my wiring rerouted so i can work everyday.i give my all to  my job, and when i cant want to be able to heal without new side effects.my doc gets this, its my job thats  causing problems.

Offline HepC53

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 02:56:36 pm »
Week 3 post treatment, Solvadi/Riba.  I've been sick for the better part of two of them.  Finally got some antibiotics for flu/sinus infection.  I am not bouncing back as i'd hoped.  The doc said within two weeks i'd be brimming with energy, still waiting.  As for the treatment, keep on keepin on, take those meds, eat your breakfast, I ate animal cookies, plain and drank coffee in the morning got up early giving myself 2-3 hour window to prepare for the day.  I just sat, read tried to think.  My mind was totally disjointed, I had a few days where I thought I was connecting the dots again but went back to not being able to finish sentences and then toward the end of treatment I would substitute irrelevant words.  I feel like I am slowly coming around mentally but in retrospect I realize allot of confusion was going on prior to treatment and honestly I was secretly wondering if I was getting Alzheimers and to everyone else writing it off to be "old age".
I urge you all to exercise, drink your water.  I don't care how tired you are "just do it"!  I started doing Zumba and even though the confusion was great; I was going left while everyone was going right I muddled through and found I had more energy and a clearer head after.  I believe I was sweating out the toxins, adding more water to the routine and pumping endorphin's.  I did resort to some generic antidepressant due to the RibaRage so it's a little confusing if those little blue pills helped me to keep the stress down hence healing or if that made me more mentally scrambled or what.  I have stayed on the antidepressant, I take it at night, I still need all the help I can get to sleep.  Also during treatment I itched like crazy and continued with my Allergist's prescribed regime of antihistamines that I was taking prior to treatment.  Well I hope that helps those of you just on your journey, i'll keep sending yo good thoughts and sharing my experience as time allows.
New Year for a Cure
Diagnosed May 2014
Rib/Sol 12wk July 2014
Cured January 2015
HCV Geno 2B

Offline zeena

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 09:43:19 pm »
GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU HEPC 53

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 11:29:37 pm »
HepC53, It takes at least a month.   
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline HepC53

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 12:05:59 pm »
Thanks Lucinda, I'm assuming a month for energy to return. Any take on when my brain will function better?
New Year for a Cure
Diagnosed May 2014
Rib/Sol 12wk July 2014
Cured January 2015
HCV Geno 2B

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 12:46:06 pm »
When your hemoglobin is back to normal, you should feel your brain is too.
Someone told me it takes up to year to recover your pre-hep C brain. I've not seen data on this.
I am dealing with an aging brain, so I can't blame my fogginess on hep C - it seems to be happening to everyone around me and they don't have hep C. Stress makes it worse; meditation and exercise help a lot. 
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.