Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:08:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 134
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 95
Total: 95

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 4-week labs  (Read 10807 times)

Offline trapper

4-week labs
« on: November 15, 2014, 08:00:33 am »
Are there any lab tests (s/o treatment) that need to be done at 4-weeks that maybe the Dr doesn't know about. Do they get cbc panel, vl,anything else. Does anybody know. Some people died in Japan on s/o treatment. Any tests needed to check for that.  Dr probably knows but want to make sure. Thanks. Trapper

Offline BattleTheBeast

• Female, 57 - SVR12 as of 7/23/15!!
Re: 4-week labs
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 09:12:29 am »
Hey Trapper,

I've been searching and searching he Internet myself trying to find where there is any kind of article about these deaths and haven't been able to. I'm pretty much a beast on the Internet searches, all my friends and family always ask me to find things for them they can't, nothing out there that says this happened in the past 12 months. Also I saw my ID doc last week and grilled him about and he says he has not heard of one death related to S/O and his office was involved with all the trials as well. I just had 4 week labs and they were pretty much the same labs I have been getting all along. He did run something extra for the blood ammonia level because it's been trending high on me. I didn't fast for my 4 week either.

I'm not sure where this "rumor" came from but until I see proof of this in writing from a reliable news source or my Doctor I don't believe it's accurate.

~Mel~
~Mel~
Hep C, Type 1, 10/11  viral load 8,238,340, AST-60, ALT-57 Bili .6  Stage 4 cirrhosis,
Week 4 VL <15 AST 20 - ALT 27 Bili .9
Week 9 - switched to Harvoni VL UD!! AST 20 ALT 19

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
SVR 12 is 7/23/15 ACHIEVED!!! 
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline mikeyman

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 09:56:16 am »

Offline Bucky

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 10:07:44 am »
Another one:  http://www.hepmag.com/articles/Olysio_deaths_2501_26345.shtml

A lot of speculation after it happened. Could it have have been caused by the genetics of the Asian population? It was a very low number of people. I personally know of two people who died doing I&R so that is 1/2 the number of people involved in Japan.
Bucky
I HAVE SLAYED THE DRAGON.....CURED SVR24!

Offline BattleTheBeast

• Female, 57 - SVR12 as of 7/23/15!!
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 02:58:54 pm »
Mel, Here is the link to the article you were looking for.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/kyodo-news-international/141024/3-die-after-being-administered-hepatitis-c-drug

Thanks Mikey and thank you too Bucky!

I just don't get how they can blame anything with the information provided in the article. Without additional details it's very hard to determine what exactly happened to these 3 people. I mean the minute I see anything wrong like when my feet swelled I contacted my doctor. I'd just like way more information on this story, just left me wondering what the truth is...

~Mel~
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 03:01:49 pm by BattleTheBeast »
~Mel~
Hep C, Type 1, 10/11  viral load 8,238,340, AST-60, ALT-57 Bili .6  Stage 4 cirrhosis,
Week 4 VL <15 AST 20 - ALT 27 Bili .9
Week 9 - switched to Harvoni VL UD!! AST 20 ALT 19

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
SVR 12 is 7/23/15 ACHIEVED!!! 
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline sunrise

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 09:10:54 pm »
Hi everyone
      Hope this note finds you feelong well. Ive been having problems with my legs and feet joints,  swelling bebind my ankle on Achilles tendon. My blood work came back and im thankful for UD so far at 4 weeks, but my billrubin came back alittle higher as well as some otber things,. Is this normal? I still have pain on my side but I think its the meds fighting whatever is left in my liver. Ast and alt gradually getting lower also from June when I was diagnosed. Thanks for a response :-)

Offline Rubye

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2014, 09:23:43 pm »
I've heard others complain of the same sides.
I don't know what is "normal" but even though I have a lot of crummy side effects all my labs were easily within normal range for a healthy person. I'm on S/O and at 8 weeks.

Offline sunrise

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2014, 10:17:16 pm »
Thanks Rubye
              Im sure its part of the meds im just stressin. On my 48th day. So just over 1/2 way done. Its just slight over levels on bloodwork , and my doc says everything is good so I will try not to worry. I am though really happy vl is undetected.  That is a great sign. Hows your treatment going Rubye? What kind of side effects are you having?

Offline badbradley

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 01:02:22 am »
Hey Sunrise     Sorry to hear your having these sides. I have similar sides gradually subsiding. I had calf muscle pain mainly, went away at about 6 or 7 wks. Came back at about 10th wk. Went away right after finishing meds. I Have a lump on the bottom/side heel of my foot-nickel size. It's painful when I press on it-seems to be gradually subsiding. It started at about wk. 10. I finished meds 11/10/14.
    Definitely keep an eye on Bilirubin. Your Doc needs to know to watch for elevated levels. Meds seem to raise Bilirubin/Creatinine levels.
     Still waiting for VL results. All other blood wrk looks really good. My Lymphocytes and Neutrophils seem to have a beef with each other but looking better than I've seen in a while.    Hope you start feeling better. Pullin' for ya!
                                Bad Brad
Geno 1a
Sov/Oly 12wks - relapse
Har/Riba 12wks
Alt-16  Ast-17 SVR - 12
Alt-15  Ast-14 SVR - 24

Offline Rubye

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2014, 01:28:56 am »
Hi Sunrise, mostly I have stomach problems and nausea plus a lot of fatigue. If I don't try to get out of the house I'm okay but when I go out I have problems with breathing, high bp and sweating like crazy. It was especially hard at 4 weeks but now at 8 not so bad.
I hope you're doing alright.

Offline sunrise

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2014, 02:24:39 am »
Thank you so much Brad, Rubye.
       That does give me some comfort. My bilirubin went from .1 to .3 so its still relatively low. I guess its the meds. So happy for you that your done Brad. When my doc called he did not seem concerned about blood work. I didn't hsve the numbers in front of me til today. I feel comfort in the fact im not alone. Thanks so much for your feedback
Sunrise....

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.