Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:02:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 126
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 112
Total: 112

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Treatment Over w/sovaldi and ribavirin-12wks  (Read 18420 times)

Offline Tess1971

• G2b, 12wk Sov/Riba, End 11/15/14 UD, SVR-5,14 & 32-UD
Treatment Over w/sovaldi and ribavirin-12wks
« on: November 17, 2014, 12:51:26 pm »
Treatment has ended for me and I am "undetectable" after four decades.  It is a great feeling.  Color is returning to my cheeks after only a few days as I was looking pale and tired all the time last month of treatment.  I sleep better already and no longer wake up tired.  I really am feeling better than I have in years already.  Not sure if it is all physical as the mental relief could definitely be paying some part in it.  I am being very positive that this will all continue and just get better.  My skin is already doing better and I am hungry more often now.  My bloodwork will be checked again in Feb, then yearly after that.  i also notice that the mental fatigue I used to get so easily has subsided. 

Offline Mike

Re: Treatment Over w/sovaldi and ribavirin-12wks
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 02:57:15 pm »
Hi Tess,

That's great news! Sounds like you slayed the dragon!

Congrats, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline petra

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 07:55:52 pm »
Hello Tess,

This is very good news to end the day.
Only week 5 of 12 for me.  Good to hear that you are feeling so much better... very hopeful.

Cheers,
Petra
User Name: petra
Height: 5' 7" Weight: 118
Diagnosed: June 2014
Infected: unsure of when
geno type: 2
Biopsy Score:no fibro scan or biopsy
Pre treatment: 3.5 million vl, other blood work normal
TX start date: October 17, 2014
Treatment Protocol: 12 weeks of 400mg of Sovaldi and 800 mg of Ribavirin per day
Side Effects: fatigue, itchiness.

Viral load:
3.5 million at start of treatment
18 at 4 weeks
undetected at 6, 8, and 12 weeks.
SVR at 12 weeks after treatment

Offline hlthy8

• Eat Well
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 06:27:28 pm »
I'm finishing up 12 th week of olysio/sovaldi and I feel the same relief you described. I feel more energy, more mental clarity..I just hope that we sustain this - I don't want to go back to how I felt.

Offline amocuatli

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 07:27:59 pm »
I have my 3 month after treatment blood test results: the virus is UNDETECTED
so I have reached cured status. As a matter of fact all my blood results were in the normal range for the first time in years!
I had to have a D and C for bleeding issues and that scared me but now everything is good and I can enjoy the extra 12 years they say I have gained by getting rid of the virus!  All I can say from my point of view is that the treatment was well worth it
Love to you all hope to those who still suffer
Amo curedly haha

Offline Mike

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 08:31:15 pm »
Amocuatli,

You slayed the dragon!!!!!!!! ♪♫♪♫

Click on below link and enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioE_O7Lm0I4

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Cured July 2014

Offline badbradley

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 08:47:27 pm »
Amo CUREDLY       So nice to hear!  You know I was pullin' for you.   Really glad for you!      Stay Healthy.
                               Brad

Geno 1a
Sov/Oly 12wks - relapse
Har/Riba 12wks
Alt-16  Ast-17 SVR - 12
Alt-15  Ast-14 SVR - 24

Offline amocuatli

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 09:38:09 am »
HaHA LOL! Thanks Mike that was the best surprise!
Brad I am pulling for you.  I'll be watching this forum and if you post here I get email notifications, so post here so I know how it is going for you.
Amocuatli
1a
Highest reported viral load 10 million
TX 2014 Olysio/SOVALDI
cured Nov2014 :)

Offline Eartheater1

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2014, 04:01:06 pm »
I started treatment today. I have genotype 2 b. I was previously treated with interferon and ribaviron. It was undetectable for a second but then came back with an even higher than ever viral load. I have not been sick but my liver enzymes are 3xthe norm. I sure hope I am luckier this time with the solvaldi and ribaviron regimen. I was so disappointed after going through the last treatment and feeling so sick and then getting the news that it was not successful.... Wish me luck. I took my 2 ribaviron with the solvaldi this morning. I hope it's ok to take all three pills at the same time.

Offline Mike

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2014, 04:54:58 pm »
Hi Eartheater1,

I think you're suppose to take the RIBV twice a day (1 in the morning and 1 at night). Please check with the pharmacy (they should have a 24 hr hotline). Follow up with your doctor as well to double check.

Also, it should be clearly noted on the prescription bottle or box.

Better safe than sorry!

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Cured July 2014

Offline Eartheater1

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2014, 07:06:33 pm »
Thanks Mike. I do take the ribaviron twice a day and the solvaldi once daily. I just wasn't sure if it was ok to take the solvaldi and the ribaviron at the same time which is what I did today or if I should wait a couple of hours in between the 2 drugs....it is great seeing so many success stories here...

Offline Eartheater1

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2014, 07:12:14 pm »
Two ribaviron in the morning and two in the evening. One solvaldi daily.

Offline Mike

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2014, 08:02:08 pm »
Hi Eartheater1,

To my understanding, you need to split the RIBV by 10-12 hours, due to the 1/2 life.

Are you taking 400 mg of SOL and 1200 mg of RIBV?

Best wishes, Mike

PS- Make sure you discuss this with your doctor and following the instructions on the RIBV package/script. It can make a difference.
Genotype 1a
Cured July 2014

Offline Eartheater1

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2014, 09:20:47 am »
My solvaldi is 400 mg. the ribaviron is 400 mg in the morning and 400 mg at the end of the day. They go by my weight on the ribaviron. I weight 120 pounds. My ribaviron comes in 200 mg capsules so I take two ribaviron in the morning along with my 400 mg solvaldi. Then at the end of the day I take two more of the ribaviron.

Offline Mike

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2014, 10:27:10 am »
Hi Eartheater1,

I took 600 mg twice a day. It was easy because the RIBV came in  600 mg doses. They were in boxes that contained 14 pills (1 week) and were separated in the box, 7 marked morning and 7 marked evening.

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Cured July 2014

Offline Eartheater1

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2014, 01:14:09 pm »
Nice....I'll keep u posted on how things go. What a good feeling it must be for you to be cured. I am a nurse and didn't even know I had this virus until I got a needle stick at work. I had to have blood work to make sure I didn't contract anything from the patient. I was shocked when they called to tell me I had hep c and had  to have had it for years. Must have gotten it when I was a teenager because I was a follower and tried something risky back then. I only experimented  one time and then realized I was insane and never did it again. So when they say it only takes one time I am living proof. Was never addicted to drugs. Just tried to be cool with a bunch of older kids when I was out and about with my beat friend one night. She I found out also has hep c but I don't know her genotype. I just send her a message on fb telling her about the new treatments available.

Offline Eartheater1

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2014, 01:15:46 pm »
I noticed you have genotype 1a. Is it the same treatment? No injections just ribaviron and solvaldi?

Offline Mike

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2014, 01:38:02 pm »
No. I was on SOL+RIBV+INTF x 12 weeks.

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Cured July 2014

Offline Eartheater1

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2014, 02:12:00 pm »
Wow...that was hard. I did ribaviron and interferon around 2006. I was in nursing school and working. I had to study  while I laid in bed sick as a dog because my boss gave me weekends off and I took the shots on Fridays. Didn't get out of bed until Monday. It was 3 months. The virus was hiding but once I stopped the treatment it came back 10 fold. Was very disappointing. I cried. Oh well maybe this time will be different. The side effects are nothing like last time so far.....

Offline Mike

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2014, 02:19:04 pm »
Hi Eartheater!,

I did 48 weeks of INTF+RIBV in 2001 and it kick my butt. I swore I would never take it again. But the cure rate and short treatment time when Sovaldi was added, made me change my mind.

The 12 weeks I just completed wasn't that bad in comparison.

In any event, hope you have a side effect free treatment and slay this dragon.

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Cured July 2014

Offline Eartheater1

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2014, 02:22:30 pm »
My Doctor told me that if my genotype was 1a I could have used this brand new drug called harvoni or something like that. It has no side effects what so ever. It's brand new. No injections and no ribaviron needed. It doesn't work on 2b  though. I go to Mayo Clinic in Rochester Minnesota. My insurance is covering all but 15 dollars a month for my meds,.,,I am so happy about that or I would not have been able to even try this treatment.....oh and thank you for keeping me company with all of this. I don't talk about it with people I know. Even as a nurse I see even nurses look down upon people with this disease. No one really knows I have this outside of my immediate family.

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.