Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:17:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 63
Total: 63

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Genotype 3, Sovaldi and Ribavirin for 24 weeks  (Read 289663 times)

Offline Johnny_Wayne

Re: Genotype 3, Sovaldi and Ribavirin for 24 weeks
« Reply #400 on: June 27, 2016, 07:30:30 pm »
Glad to hear! Cheers!
Diagnosed 04/2014
Started Harvoni 10/2014
Undetectable 01/2015
Relapsed 04/2015
F4 Cirrhosis (Compensated - barely)
Child Pugh Score 6-7
MELD Score 10
Started Olysio/Sovaldi/Ribavirin (24 weeks)
EOT Not Detected 11/9/2016
--------------------------------
5-10-2017
Virus undetected SVR 24 Achieved
I AM FINALLY CURED!

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #401 on: June 27, 2016, 07:39:14 pm »
Hi all,
Just got svr12 on sovdakriba 24 weeks genotype 1a transplanted and relapsed on 12 weeks SovOlyRiba last but June. Slow responder so I would like to say to other slow responder s, don't worry, it means nothing
 I'd like to rejoice but  I can't believe it. Is better it really happening?

Congrats on your SVR12, Mollythedog! That's great news. :)

kim
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline AussieRosa

« Reply #402 on: June 28, 2016, 05:27:47 am »
Mollythedog, that's great news. You must be so relieved after all you've been through with this. Wishing you all the very best for your health going forward from here.
Gt 1a
contracted 1983
Fibroscan 6.1
Treatment naive
VL 2.97M
ALT 38
AST 47
Started Viekira Pak + Ribavirin Tues 19th Jan 2016
Week 4: VL Undetected!
March 5th Ribavirin dose reduction to 800mg from 1000mg
EOT April 11th 2016. VL Not Detected
12 Weeks post EOT: SVR12. Cured with a capital C!!
6 months post EOT: Undetected :-)

Offline mollythedog

« Reply #403 on: June 28, 2016, 09:47:13 am »
Thanks to both of you. Yes it's been very trying. So much so that I am afraid of crying victory till 24 weeks SVR. This whole thing has made me wary. I still can't take it in. I've felt like a walking time bomb on and kept my worry under control for 3 years. I think I need brain washing to let it sink in. But before the forum has been of great help. Especially Kim and the other moderators. Thanks also to youAussie  Rose. I received so much scientific information too. Hope we all get And stay cured.

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #404 on: June 28, 2016, 01:49:34 pm »
I'm actually not a moderator. I just blab a lot. Haha! ;) But I agree, the moderators here are great and extremely helpful! :)

I know what you mean about it being hard to believe the news about being cured after all these years with Hep C. It took me quite a while for it to sink in. In fact, it is probably still sinking in.

kim  8)
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline mollythedog

« Reply #405 on: June 28, 2016, 07:27:19 pm »
Adored Reading your Story Kim. Can really relate to that.<3

Offline crabby old guy

« Reply #406 on: June 29, 2016, 11:28:52 pm »
Hi, 1st time posting but reading a lot, nice to find a site that is happening now. And my user name says it all!
I'm 57, geno 3, stage 4 cirrhosis. Solvaldi, ribavirin and Daklinza. Started treatment 3/18/16 Get blood drawn every 2 wks. 24 wk treatment. On 4-29 test came back NOT DETECTED and has stayed that way. Side affects didn't kick in till about week 4 and then it was like getting run over by a dump truck. I'm a 2nd shifter and I sleep maybe 4 hrs and then I toss and turn witch doesn't help with my agitation. And I feel like a weepy little schoolgirl watching some tv shows. RBC is low and they cut down on the riba 2 wks in but I still feel run down and exhausted all the time. I see the doc on fri and I hope she say's I'm done. 1st time I saw her she told me there are almost no side affects and that it would be 12 wks. when her nurse called to give me dates for blood work she told me it would be 24 wks, because of my liver. I work in a shipping dept and the confusion and short time mem loss is scary it's to the point that I'm going to ask her if people take off for an extended amount of time because of side affects. Also I'm off right now because of vein things going on in my legs, so I have the added stress of waiting on short term dis to get ok'd. Ok I rambled enough for my 1st post   Thank's Jim
Geno 3
cirrhosis
Liver function good
Sovaldi
Ribavirin
Daklinza
24 wk treatment

Offline FutureThinker

• Onward and upward!
« Reply #407 on: June 30, 2016, 01:21:57 am »
COG, welcome to the forums and  glad you found us!  Just want to let you know you have found the right place to vent, or ask questions, or give good news..... this is the place! HCV treatment isn't always fun or easy and there are people here who know exactly what you are going thru. Just hang in there and let those drugs do their thing to get you to the other side, the side of SVR. Keep us posted and the future is bright, FT
Treatment naive
Likely contracted mid-70s
Diagnosed 1a, 2011
F1-2
Harvoni X 12 weeks, completed 5/17/16
Pre-treatment: VL 3 mil, AST 64, ALT 84
4 week labs: VL 30, AST 21, ALT 14
8 week labs: VL UD!!!, AST 22, ALT 16
12 week labs: VL UD, AST 23, ALT 14
2 wk EOT: VL UD
12 wk EOT: VL UD, AST 22, ALT 13 =  SVR 12! Yay! 
Last hep appointment: VL UD, AST 19, ALT 12 = SVR 39! I AM DONE!

Offline kimharvest

• Fighting to Get Back my Life - GT 3a
    • Vital Wonders
« Reply #408 on: June 30, 2016, 01:25:36 am »
Crabby Old Guy - from crabby old woman, welcome!  This is a very uplifting site because no matter what happens, we are all together.  And we know how it feels.  Just try to hang on, I think us 3a's cure well! But it is hell and doesn't get better fast.  Then you can join us bitching about our side effects. :)
kimharvest
"Eat healthy food and drink pure water for a healthy life."
GT 3a  15,000,000 VL.
Started Sovaldi/Ribavirin 1/26/15 for 24 weeks.
Doctor Office Dropped me on 5/8/15 at 14 weeks;
Finished 4 months total, two months short.
I do not recommend Grand Junction Gastro!
Not Detected at 3, 6 & 12 months.

Offline AussieRosa

« Reply #409 on: June 30, 2016, 07:42:14 am »
hi, CrabbyOldGuy. Welcome to the forum and congratulations on getting treatment for the beast that is hep c. Wishing you all the best for SVR.
Gt 1a
contracted 1983
Fibroscan 6.1
Treatment naive
VL 2.97M
ALT 38
AST 47
Started Viekira Pak + Ribavirin Tues 19th Jan 2016
Week 4: VL Undetected!
March 5th Ribavirin dose reduction to 800mg from 1000mg
EOT April 11th 2016. VL Not Detected
12 Weeks post EOT: SVR12. Cured with a capital C!!
6 months post EOT: Undetected :-)

Offline brie41

« Reply #410 on: June 30, 2016, 03:04:02 pm »
Hi and welcome,

I think soon you will be calling yourself, not so crabby, new guy!!  I only did 8 weeks, so I can't imagine 24 weeks is any type of walk in the park, but I do hope things get better for you as time goes along.  I can relate to the sleep issues, and I try everything to help my insomnia.  I hate the tossing and turning too.  I had some delicious cherries last night before bed and I fell asleep fairly quickly and stayed asleep.  Actually slept 7 hours which is really good for me.  Once in awhile I take half a xanax, but I really try not to.  I considered melatonin, but I read that your brain will stop producing melatonin so dropped that idea!  Brie
Diagnosed  HCV, 1A 2006
Viral load 6 million
Ast/Alt always in the 20's
F0-F1, never changed
Treatment naive, started 8 week Harvoni 3/15/16
4 and 8 week labs undetected
6 week eot labs undetected
13 week eot UNDETECTED!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.