Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:27:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 91
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 73
Total: 73

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 4-week labs s/o treatment  (Read 7529 times)

Offline trapper

4-week labs s/o treatment
« on: November 21, 2014, 04:40:43 pm »
10/21 labs                             11/19 labs                     

alt=121                                  alt=39
ast=64                                   ast=20
platlets=147                           platelets=159
hcv rna= 23,076,258 log 7.4    hcv rna= not-detected  log 10 iu/ml
bilirubin=1.1                           bilirubin=1.4

they had a note on labs saying.  New lower limit of quantitation effective 9/02/14 has been changed to 15 iu/ml

I'm impressed with s/o treatment   very miniminal side effects.   I hope it continues undected.  screw that unwanted tentant once and for all. wait for 8-week test. did someone say if you were undected at 4-weeks there is a 93 percent you will be cured.   Later  trapper

Offline BattleTheBeast

• Female, 57 - SVR12 as of 7/23/15!!
Re: 4-week labs s/o treatment
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 04:45:35 pm »
Hey Trap!

Great news all around, you are beating this beast!

I think my next test may be next Wednesday when I see the doctor, that will put me at almost 7 weeks although he may hold off for almost 9 weeks. We shall see what he says. I will be happy to be through with the Olysio part, it's making me crazy itchy but I refuse to give up unless they make me!

Hooray for you!

~Mel~
~Mel~
Hep C, Type 1, 10/11  viral load 8,238,340, AST-60, ALT-57 Bili .6  Stage 4 cirrhosis,
Week 4 VL <15 AST 20 - ALT 27 Bili .9
Week 9 - switched to Harvoni VL UD!! AST 20 ALT 19

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
SVR 12 is 7/23/15 ACHIEVED!!! 
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline trapper

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 05:23:55 pm »
thanks " da beast "

on 5th week  no problems with side effects.  slite headache now and then  but not bad.  a couple of days that I just felt bla.  other than that I'm pumped..  ready to end this chapter in my life. good luck   trap

Offline hlthy8

• Eat Well
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 06:13:05 pm »
i'm finishing up 12th week of olysio/sovaldi. so far my viral load went non detectable at two weeks then back to detectable at week 4 then back to non detectable. I hope I clear this - will know more next week on my last lab.
Best to all on this new combo. I sure feel better on it - after 30 years of carrying around this virus I did remember what it felt like to have energy.

Offline Mike

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 06:16:33 pm »
Hey Trapper and Hlthy8,

Congrats and welcome to the undie club! It's a great, great day for both of you!

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline trapper

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 07:59:21 pm »
hlthy8 and mike   thanks for support.   hithy8  I'm f3 w /chirrosis and prob had for 30 yrs.  I probably am operating at 25 percent.  Do you now have more energy after treatment cause that's what I've been worried about.  I have to get some energy back so I can operate normally.  thanks  trap

Offline Mike

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 08:25:34 pm »
Hi Trapper,

I cleared the virus in February obtained an SVR12 (July '14) and SVR24 (October '14). I was grade 2-3. I feel 100% better. I got my ADHD back! No pain in the right side and no more Hep-C fog.

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.