Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:55:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 91
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 72
Total: 72

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Gratitude  (Read 16441 times)

Offline willie g

• geno 1 25million etc. s/o for treatment
Gratitude
« on: November 12, 2014, 01:36:46 am »
HEY, I remember after my 6Th surgery on my leg along with so much other stuff physically and mentally I looked at my dad and asked 'WHENS IT END DAD''?! HE LOOKED AT ME  and said ,''WILLIE,IT ''NEVER'' ENDS,,, ITS CALLED ''LIFE'', and the sooner you learn that the sooner you'll stop saying WHY, I, ME, FRIG THOSE BASTARDS ETC.  and tomorrow when you get in that wheelchair take along ride around the hospital and let me know tomorrow night when I come to see you if you learned anything,,,''  my old man was a miserable bastard at times but the shit he went thru during his life was a walk in the park compared to mine,, I didn't see it then and that evening as he was leaving I said ''go fuck yourself'',,  his reply, ''see you tomorrow night Willie and off he went and I DID get in that friggin wheelchair and wheeled all around that VA hospital and shot the shit with a bunch of people and looked at a bunch of people that couldn't or didn't want to talk.  I remember me saying a lot of I's,, I this, I that, I, I, I,, when I got back to my room iwas in a real PISSY MOOD and my old man shows up and after some small talk says''WELL'' well what dad?!!!I SAID,, I knew exactly what he meant but I just stayed PISSY.  he died of cirrhosis's of the liver which became cancerous all the way to his brain,, a real slow agonizing death, and I went to his funeral in a wheel chair and got stuck in the mud and his fellow fireman and cops picked up the WHEELchair and brought me up front and one of his Buddy's said loudly ''IF YOUR OLD MAN COULD ONLY SEE YOU NOW HED BE LAUGHING HIS ASS OFF.! it got quite, seemed like a life time but I'm sure it was only seconds and then just about everybody laughed their ass off, including me.  I miss that know at all bastard a lot today and occasionally thru my life I've had different people in different situations ask me,''WHEN DOES IT END''  my reply of course is ''MY FRIEND ,,''IT NEVER ENDS''.  if you don't say ''frig'' to the ''ATTITUDE'' you'll never have any ''GRATITUDE'', and if anyone on this site thinks everybody else is getting by flying high,, no problems etc.  well your out of your MIND.  If you picked ANYONE on this site and I mean anyone and went and lived with them for a week and you had a choice to either stay there or go back to your so called ''frigged up life'' what would you do?  ya,, you would realize its not so frigged up afterall wouldn't ya? am I HAPPY ALL THE TIME?,you may be thinking ,, hell no,, but I Have been  able in life to go down so many trails[trails of hell in many cases because of my choices but not always,, those are the paths I really LEARNED...   ''' WHENS IT GOING TO END ?? ''       ''JUST'' WILLIE G     PS I hope you don't think this was a boohoo story my friends cause I have had a sticker on my mirror for 12 years [I have had to replace it a few times because I use to like breaking mirrors]  that a friend who I thought was an asshole at the time,whom I wanted to literally destroy him,, handed me a sticker after an AA meeting and said''if you have the guts to put this on your mirror you should because I'm getting sick and tired of listening to you day in and day out running your mouth like you have all the answers and your the ONLY ONE who really understands your pain etc. etc.'"  boy was I more pissed when I looked at that three inch sticker which said,'''YOUR LOOKING AT THE PROBLEM'''     its there right now and for shits and giggels I'm going to go take an unneeded bowel movement and have a good laugh..  FAITH, HOPE, LOVE,,[some on this forum may not see or feel pain in these posts but trust me their there,, some choose different ways of saying things and by ALL means folks really do have the right to air their discomfort and pain,,that's what friends are for but the BLAME GAME  never wins. your only fooling yourself . whats great about life is YOU CAN CHANGE IT any moment you decide and as I have said before the greatest moment in your LIFE is  ''NOW''     I just love this forum,, thx again [hey who knows, I may get that PINK SLIP after this post so I better GIDDY UP]  goodnite,goodmorning and good day,  hi LUCINDA porter,,,i think its time to go back LISTENING, [frigin old behaviors,,or do they call that Mental Illness?]

Offline willie g

Re: Gratitude
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 06:51:44 am »
I am sorry folks, my last post belongs in OFF TOPIC FORUM, I contacted the moderator first thing this am,, please forgive languae etc.  its just an opinion and I have requested for help on knowing how to put it in off topic section,,i have been there before but I either followed someones post or it was put there, like on pot, etc. so once again it should soon be moved,,, I don't even know what I should call it and it was not directed to one or more individuals,, just general population,,  sorry again,skip it if you can and go to off topic section later if interested,,, ''just'' willie g

Offline willie g

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 06:54:20 am »
maybe it could be called ''GRATITUDE AFTER COMPLETION OF HEP C TREATMENT''  I don't know

Offline Mike

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 11:27:25 am »
Hey WIllie,

I like what your father told you: It never ends - it's called life.  That is so true.

Anyway, keep on - keeping on.

Best, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline omeco

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 11:48:14 am »
Good post, Willy!

Nice sticker as well, i should get one for my wife
on Sofosbuvir & GS-5816 trial since 8 dec '14
gen 4 fibr 3

Offline omeco

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 11:50:08 am »
Nice quote from your dad!
on Sofosbuvir & GS-5816 trial since 8 dec '14
gen 4 fibr 3

Offline bepper

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 02:19:28 pm »
Thanks for a good story Willy! How is it off topic if you are "On Hepatitis C Treatment"? I would've missed it there, cuz I only read where I am, lol,
yes I.

I can't think about after treatment yet. And yes, I know sometimes I'm selfish, but I make up for it in so many other way, on this board, I have to stay where I am.

Love your analysis of living with someone else for a week. I go stay with my family every few weeks since my mom passed away suddenly, 1 1/2 year ago, leaving my dad alone, sad and full of guilt. He takes a chair and sits at my mothers grave site and weeps his tough guy Marine eyes out. Then I stop by my 2 sisters apartments while I'm in town, boy am I glad to get back to my life.

I am very grateful for our little life, in this small town, on HepC treatment, helping my hubby cope with his liver/life issues. We cherish our time together cuz yea just never know when will be the last time you see someone.

My poor dad can't even remember the last thing he said to my mom the night she passed, even though he cared for her every need till the end. Though she'd been on dialysis for 3 years and was diagnosed with only 30% heart function just days before, he didn't know she was going to die!? What? I did. She had her last meal here, at our little house and it was great. I remember every moment of that day, 8 hours later she was gone. Maybe sooner, she was found 8 hours later. For that, I am grateful to know and practice gratitude in my daily life, to the best of my ability.

Thanks for the great story will, I hope you won't be moved off topic. You are right on to me!

Have a great day!
bepper
Dx: 1985 non a-non b Hep
Dx: over next 20 yrs "your body has cleared the virus on it's own, never worry again"

July 2014 Dx: Hep C GT3
ALANINE AMINOTRANSFE   0 - 33 U/L   72   H
ASPARTATE AMINOTRANS   0 - 32 U/L   88   H
HCV QUANTITATIVE viral load   5678036

Started Sol/Rib Oct 9, 2014
UD @ week 4 of TX
Completed tx 3/20/15

Hubby: Successfully tx in 2005
June 2014 Re-dx GT3
Cirrhosis of liver without mention of alcohol
Hepatocellular carcinoma

Liver transplant 3/2015

New life for both!?

Offline BattleTheBeast

• Female, 57 - SVR12 as of 7/23/15!!
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 05:40:01 pm »
Willie, As always thank you for making me smile, don't know how you do it, perhaps it's that honesty of yours. I don't care where you post, just keep posting.

~Mel~
~Mel~
Hep C, Type 1, 10/11  viral load 8,238,340, AST-60, ALT-57 Bili .6  Stage 4 cirrhosis,
Week 4 VL <15 AST 20 - ALT 27 Bili .9
Week 9 - switched to Harvoni VL UD!! AST 20 ALT 19

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
SVR 12 is 7/23/15 ACHIEVED!!! 
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline sunrise

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2014, 05:42:03 pm »
Willie Willie g
           No its not off topic by a long shot. Your Dad was right... its life. As young as my son is he is right also." When you think you got it bad, just look around Mom" . We do all have our problems, and battles. This one for me being almost the hardest, but it isn't. By the grace of my higher power, and tbe great scientists, we have a chance of being around awhile longer. If not to learn how lucky we are, tben to give thanks. Thanks Willie g for making MY treatment bearable. 

Offline willie g

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2014, 02:10:43 am »
to ALL thankyou so much for kind words but I go overboard and ramble on sometimes,, I really thought I would go to REPLIES [in whatever section ,they should have put it] and would have seen such a different result.. so really thx and the drinking of water thing I drank so much during my treatment no wonder I was up all night lol  my Dr. had said it would be a good idea and I thought it made since because of this FORIEGN stuff in my system but I did find out I was his first patient starting the s/o treatment so maybe he was thinking of older meds which were nightmares as I have seen. I eventually switched and am now drinking half water, half cranberry juice [I just get the big ones and after I open and start drinkining,and fill water as I go but now I have extra jugs so I just mix it half water ,half cranberry berry or whatever berry turns you on lol,, good thought about tap water ,,maybe an inexpensive ,suitable filter will work and save money due to cost of water.[I think we are drinking up all our water source and have somehow got ropped into this buying water stuff.  it is probably just water from rain coming off the new jersey turnpike [lol] but I have seen and read that all most companies do is FILTER their water where ever they get it and its not truly the spring water you think your getting,, hey, go on line check it out,, good thoughts here today and thx again,, ''just'' Willie g and yes depression and headaches and ackes do definitely s--k! I'm praying for ya all as well as I  ''just Willie g''

Offline BattleTheBeast

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2014, 06:36:20 am »
Willie,

If you are in Jersey (I am as well), there is a water you can buy called Nirvana and it's not real expensive like the fancy brands but does come from a spring and it doesn't have the extra's in it that you would find in Dansani or Aquafina, it's actually from a spring up in the adirondacks.

Anyway ShopRite has it and most of the other grocery stores around. Here's the link http://www.nirvanaspring.com/

I can't stand the tap water here and the brita filter is ok but just prefer real spring water so I will pay for. Heck look how much people pay for soda.

~Mel~
~Mel~
Hep C, Type 1, 10/11  viral load 8,238,340, AST-60, ALT-57 Bili .6  Stage 4 cirrhosis,

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline willie g

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2014, 12:35:17 pm »
good point,, a lot are mineral water which is filtered and then spring water,, just read labels  and you can always boil your tap water which purifies it [if you try regular water from tap and then boil it it tastes nuch better] its just a lot of people today really cant afford the constant water consumption,, its too bad water has now become another cost to drink besides also having to pay higher water bills,,everything today has something,, one day they say this and that is good for you and next day its bad for you,,, moderation and a Little common since go along way lol  hey,, ITS THE BATTLE OF THE BEAST  LOL [or is it the naturelol] Take care folks and stay hydrated and have fun doing it  ''just''willie g

Offline BrightFuture

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2014, 08:59:50 pm »
Willie,

I've got to say that learning I am HepC pos type 1, on day two of Harvoni and last night on this forum spending a few hours, more tonight, I feel more blessed and even more gratitude after reading your honest, funny posts. Thank you!

Wishing everyone good health, undetectable viral load and lots of clean water to flush this insidious virus from our bodies.

Look forward to more laughs and shared victories,

Judy

Offline sunrise

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2014, 12:56:45 am »
Hey Willie g!
         Haven't heard a peep from you in awhile. .. hoping you have a grateful  Thanksgiving!  How goes the recovery? Have you received bloodwork yet? I have 27 days left for tx. Scared about possible relapse. Cannot "what if" as it drives me crazy.  Let us know how you're doing   
Sunriseā™”

Offline gulee

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2014, 01:44:52 am »
Thanks you so much, Willie g! I couldn't sleep tonight and happened to read this post, what a great story you have about your dad! This is exactly what I need to hear about changing attitude and being grateful! Thanks and best wishes!!!

Offline BattleTheBeast

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2014, 04:39:23 am »
We have "Where's Willie G?" here instead of "Where's Waldo?"

Waiting to hear some Thanksgiving stories from you Willie G, we need your positivity!!

(well at least I know I always do!)

~Mel~
~Mel~

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline willie g

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2014, 11:42:35 pm »
WELL HERE IT IS,,,GIVINGTHANKS,,[OR IS IT THANKSGIVING?,, MY delxiela, HD[high definition] , whatever is acting up..  well 6 months ago I was at the Plainville turkey farm to visit my TURKEY [I named him HARLEY of course] you ever been to a turkey farm??? OH MY GOSH,, EVERYBODY AND I MEAN EVERYBODY is acting like a turkey! I have a friend named KEY that works there, he has a neck that looks just like a gobbler[hanging flesh plus he has soriosus on his neck and knees[I asked him about ''why on the knees''' ? and he gets mad, especially when I tell him he never had it before he started working there] so I figure HEY its not easy catching a turkey and I'm sure he is on his knees a lot gobblin around trying to catch the one the costumer wants. YEAH ,its like going to a steak house and they have steaks in a window you can pick out that you want cooked,,,,so I told KEY that and he is a little slow[getting faster though since he started working there]and he says ,WHAT!!! they have cows in a window and you pick the one out you want?!! NO NO KEY slow down and stop smoking that stuff for a minute,,how in the hell do you think they are going to get enough cows in a window to make a choice from?! ""ya,'he says thatwould take a lot of glass and some REAL glass to hold them suckers in and then he asks me ''well do they at least give you a free glass of MILK with your meal?? so I says ,''GIVE ME THAT FRIGGIN THING, TO HANG OUT WITH YOU I NEED AN OUNCE OF THIS STUFF,[I didn't even try to get into the beef ,milk thing]hes from the Bronx and he is a RICAN and his real name his parents gave him is KEYLO, so we call him KEY for short CAUSE in NY  we would be walking around the hood and someone would holler ''HEY,KEYLO, and a lot of boys would start pull in cash out of their pockets,,,ya ,that got old real quick,,,, and to make things worse his last name is ROCK,,, so when we were younger us boys could hollar''ROCK!''' not now A days cause the same thing thing happens when he was younger,, a bunch of the boys start pull in cash out of their pockets again,so that's why him and I live up here in plainsville NY,, nice easy living, pretty country and theres no ROCK OR CRACK OUT HERE!well theres crack cause a lot guys and gals don't wear belts up here unless they have them specially made[it takes a lot of leather to make a belt for these MELONHEADS up here and cash is hard to come by and so are brains but hey I have to admit these farm boys have the best turkeys and reefer around and if you want a nice night out with a PIG there are a lot them too.[not like the city,you can go casual up here]  I don't know though lately especially hanging around KEY and that gobbler thing hanging off his face its been hard trying to find any good lookin pigs to go out with,.  whata ya gonna do.[I sneek away away once in awhile and get a chop here and there so im ok. ANYWAY,to make a short story long and speekin of turkeys I want to wish all of you A HAPPY THANKSGIVING,, and thanksgiving was my brothers best holiday but when he was 38 he had a heartattackk and they brought him from up north to Syracuse to crouse memorial and everything went well but when we got back to the hotel around 2am we get this call,,'''you better get up here sir'' so off we flew,, well the dr. had nicked an artery earlier that day while having surgery so that was that. ya know he looked just like JOHN CANDY,[I swear] and we use to love uncle buck and all his movies.. SO here I am today a real lucky guy[somedays though I swear I could eat a bag of nails,, but hey that's life,,, we are a shell in a SPIRITUAL body, from dust to dust but that SPIRIT NEVER DIES,, SPIRIT to me means LOVE ,,, ya know that word is thrown around loosely all the time but that's a BIG word.LOVE is them most commonly usedword in our everyday lives and yet we STILL have a hell of a time expressing it.heck love is a feeling of fondness,love is warm,love is sexual, love is our partners,love is when the score is nil in a game of tennis,, heck, love is blind,love is bliss,love is prayer,love hurts, love heals,love is trust,LOVE IS LIFE so when you sit down to eat your turkey perhaps one KEY handled, really understand that what your having is a gift of LOVE from your CREATOR and look around this day and spread it, everywhere you go,don't let the booze or the ego get in the way of ANOTHER special day the CREATOR has blessed you with. GIVE,SHARE, and most of all LOVE LOVE LOVE[don't let your ego override what you should do OUT LOUD before you eat and before you hit the sack, and that my friends is to say ''''thankyou''''   [see what hep c did for me ? something else, no words to explain and I am so lucky I get  to share it with you,,,  THANKS MY FRIENDS,,,,'''just''willie g

Offline willie g

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2014, 12:09:15 am »
OH YEAH, one more thing, LUCINDA PORTER, id like to gobble you up lol    HAVE A NICE TIME WITH YOUR FAMILY ''just''willie g

Offline gulee

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2014, 12:20:51 am »
Truly enlightening! Grateful to your thoughts and humor! Happy Thanksgiving, ''just''willie g!

"SO here I am today a real lucky guy[somedays though I swear I could eat a bag of nails,, but hey that's life,,, we are a shell in a SPIRITUAL body, from dust to dust but that SPIRIT NEVER DIES,, SPIRIT to me means LOVE ,,, ya know that word is thrown around loosely all the time but that's a BIG word.LOVE is them most commonly usedword in our everyday lives and yet we STILL have a hell of a time expressing it.heck love is a feeling of fondness,love is warm,love is sexual, love is our partners,love is when the score is nil in a game of tennis,, heck, love is blind,love is bliss,love is prayer,love hurts, love heals,love is trust,LOVE IS LIFE so when you sit down to eat your turkey perhaps one KEY handled, really understand that what your having is a gift of LOVE from your CREATOR and look around this day and spread it, everywhere you go,don't let the booze or the ego get in the way of ANOTHER special day the CREATOR has blessed you with. GIVE,SHARE, and most of all LOVE LOVE LOVE[don't let your ego override what you should do OUT LOUD before you eat and before you hit the sack, and that my friends is to say ''''thankyou''''   [see what hep c did for me ? something else, no words to explain and I am so lucky I get  to share it with you,,,  THANKS MY FRIENDS,,,,'''just''willie g

Offline willie g

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2014, 12:07:52 am »
thankyou  GULEE, I hope your days are going well,today was a BLESSING for me as well as the others and I just woke for a quick piece of apple pie. it doesn't get any better than that,,''i had a great day, a great meal, and got to SAY thankyou  and cause I am up I get to say outloud again  THANKYOU, THANKYOU THANKYOU,, for there could go I,,''just''willie g  and sometimes my humor may escalate a   little but it is fun and nice if someone gets a chuckle here and there,ya know in school they asked my grandchild what she was thankful for this time of year, she is 5 and she said ,,''I am grateful I'm not a turkey'''       oh  boy  my hands are full of LOVE

Offline willie g

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2014, 12:13:29 am »
JUDY,there is NO doubt in my mind that your going and am having a GREATFUTURE   PILAMAYA [thankyou in Lakota]   '''just'' willie g

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.