Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:41:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 141
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 99
Total: 99

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: First Post - Hello  (Read 7830 times)

Offline Luna7

First Post - Hello
« on: December 10, 2014, 02:45:14 pm »
Thanks for this forum....there's a wealth of information here.
I haven't been viewing for very long but things have changed so rapidly even in such a short time I've been up and down with each new bit of information that comes out - hopeful one day and then hopes dashed the next. Although at this moment it doesn't look good for me with genotype 3 at least the new world of drugs looks promising.
My mother died from this when it turned to liver cancer, but I don't know if we had the same genotype.
My main symptoms are extreme brain fog, fatigue, and depression, and I'll be seeing the doctor again in about a month (it's been a few years as I didn't see much hope for treatment 3 years ago as I would never do interferon).
Between F2 & F3
Alt & Ast nearly 100
Viral load over 8 million
Gt 3a

Treated 12 weeks with Sovaldi & Daklinza, start date mid-April 2016
Undetected at 4 weeks into treatment
Alt & Ast  normal
Treatment completed July 14
Most likely will be undetected at 12 weeks (mid October 2016) as symptoms are gone

Offline gea

Re: First Post - Hello
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 07:42:29 am »
Luna7
Hang in there!  You are right, things are changing quickly.  And the future looks brighter for all genotypes....   Even the mood of this forum has changed so much in the last months.   I think that 2015 will be the year for all to look toward SVR.   Thinking of you!
Diagnosed 06-2013
1-A
Started Harvoni for 12 wks 11-17-14
AST 26  ALT 34

Offline BattleTheBeast

• Female, 57 - SVR12 as of 7/23/15!!
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 12:50:10 pm »
Luna,

Welcome to the forum. Please go and see a physician that you trust and find out what options are available for you, each month we are seeing new treatments and more people cured. This Hep C stuff doesn't just go away and we have to fight the battle to cure it.

I wish everyone could go see my IDHero, he's amazing and supportive and involved in all the clinical trials. I found out just yesterday he also takes Medicaid not just private insurance as many doctors these days. Find a great doctor in your area and work with him/her, don't let the years go by to where you end up sick. Believe me when Hep C strikes it's not fun...

Mel
~Mel~
Hep C, Type 1, 10/11  viral load 8,238,340, AST-60, ALT-57 Bili .6  Stage 4 cirrhosis,
Week 4 VL <15 AST 20 - ALT 27 Bili .9
Week 9 - switched to Harvoni VL UD!! AST 20 ALT 19

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
SVR 12 is 7/23/15 ACHIEVED!!! 
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline Luna7

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 09:41:32 am »
Thanks for the warm welcome and words of encouragement!
Between F2 & F3
Alt & Ast nearly 100
Viral load over 8 million
Gt 3a

Treated 12 weeks with Sovaldi & Daklinza, start date mid-April 2016
Undetected at 4 weeks into treatment
Alt & Ast  normal
Treatment completed July 14
Most likely will be undetected at 12 weeks (mid October 2016) as symptoms are gone

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.