Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:27:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 126
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 102
Total: 102

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: New to Forum  (Read 11017 times)

Offline jayme1017

New to Forum
« on: December 17, 2014, 01:03:03 pm »
Hello All! I have been reading the Forum for the last week and wanted to say hello and report that I have been on Harvoni for 10 days with very manageable side effects..just a little tired towards the end of the day especially..headache that comes and gos..mild to moderate..have not taken anything for it and a some aches but nothing big.. and a little nauseous occasionally..again, very manageable.

My story is that I was diagnosed in the late 90s..forget the year exactly. The doc said, hold on and wait for better treatment. So, I did! Until now. I have been in COMPLETE denial about it for years. I didn't really have any symptoms although my liver profiles have been elevated since I was diagnosed. Of course it has been a black cloud over my head for years and I have lived with this fatalistic sort of attitude haunting me. Well..finally I went back to my GI after a couple years and I had gone from a F0 to F2 and that got my attention along with the fact that I am approaching 50 and becoming a bit more serious about taking care of myself. I NEVER looked at hep C info over the years because I couldn't handle it emotionally..silly, really. Well after reading this Forum I feel blessed that my disease hasn't progressed into chirrosis..as far as I know and I might get lucky and clear this bullshit.."the Dragon", as I have heard it referred to here. I left the doctors office that day they told me about this treatment and sobbed in my car for the longest time!!

Sorry this is so long..I wanted to ask if anyone on Harvoni has noticed that there are oil marks on the inside cap of the prescription bottle? I am probably being paranoid but I feel I am dealing with gold or diamonds in that bottle and wanted to check in with others that that is normal.

thank you to this Forum! I have learned so much..I am the first person my doc has on this treatment and they weren't able to tell me much in terms of sides, etc
Started Harvoni 12/8/14; approved for 8 weeks; Diagnosed late 90s; Type 1a, ALT 112, AST 80; Fib .48, F2;
VL 1,200,000

Offline BattleTheBeast

• Female, 57 - SVR12 as of 7/23/15!!
Re: New to Forum
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 01:13:17 pm »
Hello All! I have been reading the Forum for the last week and wanted to say hello and report that I have been on Harvoni for 10 days with very manageable side effects..just a little tired towards the end of the day especially..headache that comes and gos..mild to moderate..have not taken anything for it and a some aches but nothing big.. and a little nauseous occasionally..again, very manageable.

My story is that I was diagnosed in the late 90s..forget the year exactly. The doc said, hold on and wait for better treatment. So, I did! Until now. I have been in COMPLETE denial about it for years. I didn't really have any symptoms although my liver profiles have been elevated since I was diagnosed. Of course it has been a black cloud over my head for years and I have lived with this fatalistic sort of attitude haunting me. Well..finally I went back to my GI after a couple years and I had gone from a F0 to F2 and that got my attention along with the fact that I am approaching 50 and becoming a bit more serious about taking care of myself. I NEVER looked at hep C info over the years because I couldn't handle it emotionally..silly, really. Well after reading this Forum I feel blessed that my disease hasn't progressed into chirrosis..as far as I know and I might get lucky and clear this bullshit.."the Dragon", as I have heard it referred to here. I left the doctors office that day they told me about this treatment and sobbed in my car for the longest time!!

Sorry this is so long..I wanted to ask if anyone on Harvoni has noticed that there are oil marks on the inside cap of the prescription bottle? I am probably being paranoid but I feel I am dealing with gold or diamonds in that bottle and wanted to check in with others that that is normal.

thank you to this Forum! I have learned so much..I am the first person my doc has on this treatment and they weren't able to tell me much in terms of sides, etc

Hi there and welcome.

Yes, my bottle has those marks in the cap, never noticed or looked until you mentioned it.

Mel
~Mel~
Hep C, Type 1, 10/11  viral load 8,238,340, AST-60, ALT-57 Bili .6  Stage 4 cirrhosis,
Week 4 VL <15 AST 20 - ALT 27 Bili .9
Week 9 - switched to Harvoni VL UD!! AST 20 ALT 19

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
SVR 12 is 7/23/15 ACHIEVED!!! 
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline jayme1017

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 01:17:39 pm »
thank you Mel!
Started Harvoni 12/8/14; approved for 8 weeks; Diagnosed late 90s; Type 1a, ALT 112, AST 80; Fib .48, F2;
VL 1,200,000

Offline rainbowray

• Gen 1B
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 01:47:24 pm »
Your doctor is a charm to not push any old treatments on you. This treatment should
cure you with no issues, since cirrhosis is not in the mix.

Offline Doluska

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 07:44:03 pm »
Hi Jaime!  Is it your dog? Asking because I have dachshund too. Love them! The best dogs in a world! Good luck with the treatment! 

Offline jayme1017

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 08:16:30 pm »
Doluska, I DO have a dachshund :) He's the best..makes me smile
VL 1,200,000

Offline Doluska

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 08:46:33 pm »
They have a grate sence of humor and help to survive in all this jazz! Mine is a girl, Java, and she is wirehiared European chick!  My first was a standard, and was just the best of the kind! It is such a fun not to talk about damn monstrousness virus!good night and happy holidays!

Offline JillLynn

• contracted 1973/ peg/rib 1999 & 2004/on harvoni
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 10:21:21 pm »
Welcome Jayme.

My 2 yorkies, maltese and chihuahua wish you success on your first attempt at kicking Hep C's butt!

Now I have to go look at the cap.   I never even thought to do that but I'm glad you did.  We learn from each other here....better to be safe than sorry.

give your pooch a hug from us.   You too Doluska! 

Jill

Offline HHburme

• Harvoni start 12/13/14 12wks UD/24wk DET
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 12:38:17 am »
Hi Jayme !  5th day of harvoni for me and have 2 dachsunds. Also was stored in the HCV warehouse for 15 years waiting for a better treatment. So exciting that the time has finally come for a cure. I'm with ya.....
infected age 19, blood transfusion 1977, detected 2003  GT 1a, Harvoni relapse 06/15, Clinical Trial Study for SOF/VEL GS-9857 start 02/16. SVR12 Cured 08/16

Offline gea

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 10:54:11 am »
Just looked in my bottles.... had the original from the first four weeks and my new one that I am currently using.   BOTH have those "oil marks" in their lids.... weird, but I am sure it's OK.....
Diagnosed 06-2013
1-A
Started Harvoni for 12 wks 11-17-14
AST 26  ALT 34

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.