Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:13:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 96
Total: 96

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Started Harvoni yesterday  (Read 10222 times)

Offline Ajsmommy1

Started Harvoni yesterday
« on: December 13, 2014, 09:25:19 pm »
Hi. So I started Harvoni yesterday. Still nervoys about more side affects. Considering the alternative, I will take what I have to. I did notice it makes me tired. But it also gives me insomnia and restless legs. And my arms are extremely weak. It makes it difficult with a 10 month old. Just wondering if im feeling the worst or?? My viral liad was 1,300,000 last I tested.

Offline HHburme

• Harvoni start 12/13/14 12wks UD/24wk DET
Re: Started Harvoni yesterday
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 10:12:54 am »
Welcome.  I started Harvoni yesterday, so far so good. Can't really notice any side effects but I have been experiencing headaches, fatigue, joint pain and weakness before I started treatment. Hopefully your SE will get better, hang in there. This is our chance to finally be free from this disease.
infected age 19, blood transfusion 1977, detected 2003  GT 1a, Harvoni relapse 06/15, Clinical Trial Study for SOF/VEL GS-9857 start 02/16. SVR12 Cured 08/16

Offline BattleTheBeast

• Female, 57 - SVR12 as of 7/23/15!!
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 10:47:45 am »
Hi. So I started Harvoni yesterday. Still nervoys about more side affects. Considering the alternative, I will take what I have to. I did notice it makes me tired. But it also gives me insomnia and restless legs. And my arms are extremely weak. It makes it difficult with a 10 month old. Just wondering if im feeling the worst or?? My viral liad was 1,300,000 last I tested.

Hi Ajsmommy,

Welcome and congratulations on getting the treatment!  I know it's easy for me to say but try and relax about potential side effects because part of this is a real mental game.

For me, I was sick when I started the treatment and got a little sicker while I was fighting the infection to get to UD but now that I am UD I am feeling better most days. I have had many conversations with my doctor regarding Sides and he was involved in all the clinical trials; he shared with me he didn't have anyone with major sides from Harvoni out of all his patients and only a few minor sides with S/O. He said that those who were sicker to begin with had a little tougher time at first but normally but 2-4 weeks in they had no sides at all and were Undetected.

Hopefully you have family or someone close to you that you can ping for a nap if you feel exhausted. Either way you need to rest when AJ rests and let go of trying to keep the house perfect. Prioritize what you have to do with what you want to do and try to make it as easy on yourself as you can. If the medication makes you sleepy, perhaps you can take it in the evening instead of the morning.

Within a few weeks you are going to feel like a different person. You can do this!

Mel
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 11:25:10 am by BattleTheBeast »
~Mel~
Hep C, Type 1, 10/11  viral load 8,238,340, AST-60, ALT-57 Bili .6  Stage 4 cirrhosis,
Week 4 VL <15 AST 20 - ALT 27 Bili .9
Week 9 - switched to Harvoni VL UD!! AST 20 ALT 19

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
SVR 12 is 7/23/15 ACHIEVED!!! 
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline jberlin

• Global Moderator
  • Contracted Hep C in 76, treated 2004 & 2012, cured
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 10:58:19 am »
Welcome, not just to this forum, but hopefully soon to the rapidly growing group that has gotten cured! Do keep us informed as to how you tolerate the treatment, which will vary widely by individual. This forum is a community that will provide a helpful resource to you. But the treatment times are very manageable now, so keep talking to us, let us know what your blood work reports look like, try to enjoy this holiday season, and just like that you will be finished and hopefully cured!  Good luck, jack

Offline John3333

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 10:34:42 pm »
Wow, I started mine yesterday too! Welcome!

So far so good, a little bit of a headache but nothing else. My sinuses have been acting up so maybe it's not the Harvoni. If this is how it's going to be then it's no problem.

@Ajsmommy, I have small children at home as well. Back in 2002 I did the 48 weeks of rib/int, it was awful. I wouldn't have been able to do it with children, i was so irritable! With this stuff, so far so good.

Best of luck we'll be UD before you know it!

Offline Ajsmommy1

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 12:06:07 pm »
Thank you for the replies everyone! Im not as weak today as 2 days ago. Had to get compazine called in last night due to nausea but I am assuming that, as well, will dissipate.  I have my first blood test on the 19th. But that is only a cbc. My liver panel tests are on the 26th. So not sure which one, or both will show if any improvement?

Offline John3333

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 10:16:58 pm »
Ajsmommy1, hang in there it will get better, I am on day 4, just a little tired and a headache that is tolerable. I mean, you have a 10 month old, so that's exhausting all by itself. You will be undetected when you are done, your going to beat this, we all are. The treatments and therapies that are being developed will eventually end this dreaded disease once and for all.

Take care.

John.

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.