Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:22:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 80
Total: 80

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: will our S/O post treatment please post results 4, 12, 24 EOT  (Read 218467 times)

Offline sunrise

will our S/O post treatment please post results 4, 12, 24 EOT
« on: December 20, 2014, 12:19:11 am »
Hi warriors
      Just hoping to compare results for everyone that has completed sovaldi, olysio combo without ribavirin or pega. My treatment is over Sunday and I'm hoping we all can see how the percentages of us get cured... Blessings Sunrise thank you

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
  • Get tested, get treated, get cured, fight Hep c!
Re: will our S/O post treatment please post results 4, 12, 24 EOT
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 12:35:02 am »
Hi Sunrise
Dont worry about mine as it could have been better but you will be fine. I just have tough tiny little dragons.

GT 1a w cirrhosis diagnosed in Jan 08, prior 3 time null responder, relapsed after 12 weeks of Sov/Oly at the 12 week post treatment test Sept 14. No test done prior to 12 weeks
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2001 Interferon Riba null response
2003 Pegintron Riba trial med null response
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
2014 12 week Sov/Oly relapse
10/14 fibroscan 27 PLT 96
2014 24 weeks Harvoni 15 weeks Riba
5/4/15 EOT not detected, ALT 21, AST 20
4 week post not detected, ALT 26, AST 28
12 week post NOT DETECTED (07/27/15)
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
24 week post NOT DETECTED! (10/19/15)
44 weeks (3/11/16)  fibroscan 33, PLT 111, HCV NOT DETECTED!
I AM FREE!

Offline sunrise

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 12:40:17 am »
Thanks for responding Lynn. I know you relapsed on s/o and thank goodness they have harvoni now. Im shocked though that you didn't do the 24 Week tx with s/o  to begin with. You might not have relapsed!

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 12:48:56 am »
Thanks

Yes I agree, but at the time in March that was the protocol 12 weeks for all. It was just recently changed to 24 weeks for cirrhosis.

That was part of my reasoning with Accredo / Express Scripts was that had I treated for 24 I most likely would not have relapsed. They were denying Harvoni on the basis I had been a null/partial responder to a Sovaldi based treatment which was not accurate as I did respond immediately I just needed more time
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline sunrise

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 12:53:19 am »
It kinda scares me for the fact I really do not want to go thru this again. I don't want to sound like a whiney baby, but for me it would be almost impossible to get harvoni. Seems like things are ramping up and support path is overwhelmed.

Offline BattleTheBeast

• Female, 57 - SVR12 as of 7/23/15!!
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 10:50:11 am »
Hey Sunrise,

We are all concerned wondering if our treatment is going to work and is it enough and and and.....

I can relate to you and Rubye being on S/O because I started with it and at that point it was only a 12 week protocol (like what they gave Lynn) even with F4 Cirrhosis and over 8 Million VL  and I am sure I would have relapsed just like Lynn. I wasn't even UD until week 9 testing so my week 4 still showed that bastard inside of me.

I am praying for you, me, everyone who is on treatment to beat this nasty beast and just going to do my best to keep the faith that what they have approved and given us will be enough to do it. I am doing my best to focus on the positive. I can tell you that my mindset wasn't the same when I was on the S/O; that darn Olysio messed with me in so many ways including my Psychie.

I personally feel you really will start to feel more positive about a week after you stop taking the Olysio; it may be a dragon slayer but it was also a mood slayer for me.

I am dealing with my messed up approval for Harvoni and trying to figure out the best way to handle it without causing an issue on what is approved. It's not fun and it's not easy but we are all warriors in our own right and have made it this far.

We have new options coming and I will beat this thing even if I have to try and do it 10 times!

Mel

~Mel~
Hep C, Type 1, 10/11  viral load 8,238,340, AST-60, ALT-57 Bili .6  Stage 4 cirrhosis,
Week 4 VL <15 AST 20 - ALT 27 Bili .9
Week 9 - switched to Harvoni VL UD!! AST 20 ALT 19

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
SVR 12 is 7/23/15 ACHIEVED!!! 
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline sunrise

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 11:04:18 am »
Hi Mel and all warriors. yes this is the last day of my treatment and I know you're right now I gotta stop nitpicking on all the little issues that I'm worried about. I will go get my blood taken tomorrow. Then in a month and we shall see how things progress. I sure would like to see people come on here and tell us how they're doing after the 12 weeks.as well as the 24 week and the yearly checkup. I pray that more and more people are going to be cured from this nasty disease. Besides the joint stiffness I'm actually feeling pretty good. I can't believe the new year is almost here. I wish for everybody a very very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year... Sunrise PS I will be checking in with my progress. I don't know what I would have done without you guys thank you all so much.

Offline BattleTheBeast

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 02:20:40 pm »
Hey Sunrise,

Don't beat yourself up, your reaction is so darn normal. I am sure I will be just as concerned as you when I get through this treatment and the waiting came starts.

I am going to push myself to write something positive every morning when I wake up post treatment so I focus on the positive as much as possible. Basically if I do get the entire 24 weeks of Harvoni I am supposed to get then I will get my SVR 24 in 46 weeks from now; that seems like decade in my brain right now.

The thing is that you are making me think about it and be aware so I can work on putting it into perspective before I get there so THANK YOU! I have time to come up with some ideas that will help me cope with the wait.  I just feel like because of how sick I have been as will know very quickly if its back. I think my body will be very quick to tell me. I have learned so much about where my symptoms come from that it's going to be a bit tougher for it to hide from me this time. I also have my amazing doctor and if I am feeling bad I will just have him order a blood test for me. Honestly I am considering asking him to test me every 4 weeks just for peace of mind.  Plus if it does somehow come back we will be able to jump right on it and get a new treatment going quickly.

I am not messing with the beast, this dragon will be slayed and I will do what I have to,

Sunrise, you have got this, you are strong and selfless and caring and did I say strong?

xoxoxoxo

Mel
~Mel~
Hep C, Type 1, 10/11  viral load 8,238,340, AST-60, ALT-57 Bili .6  Stage 4 cirrhosis,

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline sunrise

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 02:36:16 pm »
Thanks  Mel
                 I appreciate any feedback. I guess it just frightens me when I hear about folks relapsing on this treatment.  I know I should be positive.  Just having a melancholy kinda weekend.

Offline Roger McGuinn

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 02:49:07 pm »
Hi all, and its been a long time, since I had something to say!  I recently went to another website forum (I know, be nice), and was incredibly disillusioned by what I read!  I'm sorry, I'm very loyal by nature, but I was trying to get some information, and what I ended up reading was a bit disconcerting, anyways, so I was punished!  But enough levity, or not!  I just finished my twelve week voyage on S/O, and started to read about all kinds of side effects, both during and after, which I would imagine refers to "withdrawal"!   First of all, it was one horror story after another.  Did these people "all", not take, or remember the days of Interferon/Ribaviron?  I remember sides that make these drugs feel like a Christmas Gift!  Maybe they just never got their memories back.  I am always questioning where I am at, as far as my cognitive abilities are concerned!  The withdrawal question was addressed by so many as just an awful time!  Is this really what is happening?  What do you think the percentages are?  Don't people as a rule, only give the negative side of things, anyways?   I don't see too many news reports, on TV, Internet, or what have you...that don't revolve around something bad!  Good news, just doesn't seem to be news worthy, I guess!  Except for the fact that some of us would get a little bit of mileage off of good news rather than bad!  I would like to hear some of the good reports as well!  The problem about genuine information for all of us, has to do with the fact that we are so new into this "cure" situation, that we don't necessarily know what is real!  The game keeps changing, which I admit is exciting, and beats the hell out of the old death sentence, or "crap shoot", as I always called it!  For 12 long years, that's what I called it!

One more little tidbit, goes like this!  People are writing descriptions of how they are feeling, using "god knows what" as a reference?  I personally have no reference point to use!  This has not only gone on in my body for 40 years or so, but I don't really know what feeling good is like...for sure, ...at least for me!  I know that the last 12 years or so have been bad, and then worse!  Then I worked my behind off, to secure the necessary drugs.  I learned to be pro-active!  I also give nothing but credit to my Hepatologist office.  That goes for the entire team!  I haven't had a team behind me since "Little League, Baseball"!  It's cool, and they were so helpful!  I did my homework, and they always made me feel as if they appreciated my candor, and my positivity, as well!  You also don't get a team, unless its something serious!  I hope my team never trades me!

Guys; unless you have some sort of incredible insurance policy, get it through your heads, that you might need to fight for these drugs!  Don't give up, because there are a lot of things you can do to make it happen on your own, and with the correct help!  They won't come to your door with three, or six bottles of "magic pills"! Get prepared to fight for your life, but, you will appreciate the feeling of accomplishment, when your first shipment of medication comes to your door! ; this my friends, is inner strength!   A strength you might have not even realized you possessed!  How cool is it to know that you just might have saved your own life!  Use your inner strength!  This virus in many ways make you strong, or, you can give up, and it kills you!  I do have some days that I know are good, now!  That my friends is "so &$@$# cool"!

Generally I would have to say, that my own experience on S/O have been very positive, and in no way a bad experience, when you consider the share power, strength, and toxicity of these drugs!  They must be stronger (in a sense) then the old treatment, yet they treat us so much more humanely!    No complaints here!  I don't feel great, but I have some real decent days, and the last two days, have felt rather good, and I'm accomplishing some physical, as well as mental chores!  Normally, after a little physical, the mental was nowhere to be drawn from!  So after being off the S/O for 3 days, ... one day at a time, makes sense to me.

Find the good in everything!  Recognize the good days!  And if it helps, do what I do!  Verbalize it!  Say it out loud!  "Damn, today was a good day", or, "that was a nice string of good hours"!  Be observant, and honest to yourself!  And if you have some nice positive things to say, then continue to write the positives in these forums!  There are people having a rougher time than you, because they still need to know the good things!  If we can help, then, lets tell them, and spread the positive vibrations!  You haven't forgotten how to do that, have you?

Love you all, be well!
Roger

Offline sunrise

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 02:58:23 pm »
Hi Roger
      Well you gpt that right. I I hoped that I would never have to take the interferon or ribavirin treatment. I also feel very blessed that I was able to get this treatment without much problems at all. I have a great doctor who is caring enough to really get behind me and get me my treatment.I try to be positive. some days are tougher than others, but you are correct when you say we should be dancing with joy on being able to take these new treatments. let us know how you're after treatment results come out. Good luck and Merry Christmas

Offline BattleTheBeast

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2014, 06:14:54 pm »
Wow Roger,

That's telling it like you feel! I see a ton of positive in this forum and not so much complaining. I think the majority here are grateful for the treatments they are receiving after they fought for it. I see people sharing the different things they did to advocate for themselves, I see us lifting each other up when we have a not so great day.

Perhaps you should post that on the other forum you went to and maybe you will get through to someone there. I think negativity breeds negativity so perhaps that's what's happened over there and maybe your post would turn on a couple of light bulbs!

I see people posting their personal challenges and asking others if they have had the same type of challenge. For me that's been helpful, I attribute a ton of my challenges to be F4 and a really high viral load to start with. I was a sick girl before starting the S/O. Sad for me was that I had a pretty extreme allergic reaction to Olysio so that made it a little rough, even very strong medications couldn't stop the adverse reactions. I hung with it for 8 full weeks anyway while we tried different things to get the reaction under control. At 7 weeks my doctor basically said that is enough, you aren't sleeping, you can't function on a normal basis because you body is basically rejecting the Olysio and your body is getting scarred from this rash and we have to do something else. So together and even with some information from my fellow forum members we advocated and I was approved, denied and then approved again for Harvoni stopping the authorization on the wrong date so guess what, I will call and call and call and email each time I call until I get it fixed.

I can't say enough about how amazing Harvoni has been for me. Perhaps it's because my VL is actually UD at the start of it, perhaps it's because I am not putting something into my body daily that was causing a major allergic reaction, perhaps it's because after many years I am starting to feel human, whatever that is. I can say those hours that I am feeling good now are incredible and I cherish each second of them.

While I appreciate your post and the positives in it I do take offense to much of it insinuating that we are ungrateful, whiny people who aren't proactive in our own treatment. I personally see just the opposite here, yes maybe once in a while someone has a bad day and needs a kick in the butt (me included) but more often than not I see grateful honest people thrilled to be getting treatment and to have the support of each other.

Roger, perhaps you could say what you had to say in a more positive light without pointing fingers and it would be received differently.

Oh and today wasn't the best day but guess what, it's way better than it would have been if i was still on Olysio or having to take Interferon or RibV or even worse not getting treatment at all. I am absolutely grateful, I am in awe of the strength and support I see here. I am still confused about what you have been reading but I hope you will look for the positives when you read posts and not focus on the perception you have that we are negative.

Ok,  now I am off my soapbox. I hope everyone has a wonderful evening and an even better tomorrow.

Mel
~Mel~

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline sunrise

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2014, 06:36:37 pm »
Yeah Mel
          I dont think we should take it personally. Although i didn't know if he was talking about me lol. We've all had our good and bad days. Thats why we are here. We need a sounding board. Lord knows I've had my days. Still do. Im glad you're here. No one but us fellow heppers understand, and I guess some even with it don't.  Glad you are hhaving a good one
 Just took my last dose!....Sunrise

Offline Rubye

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2014, 06:50:35 pm »
As far as negativity goes, I don't think it has anything to do with complaining or sharing or even whining about how we feel. I am a big whiner at times. I had a terrible time on Sovaldi and Olysio and shared much of what was difficult for me and in turn I got to hear from others with the same side effects and difficulties. This let me know I am not alone. Knowing I am not alone makes me feel better. Nothing negative about that. Why else would you come to a support forum if it was not to share the hard times as well as the good times? This sharing of self be it good or bad is what makes this forum work. Personally, I want to hear the hard times another person is having and hope that I can give them some support. Saying people are negative contributes nothing but ill will.

Personally, this was my first treatment and I've had Hep C for around 40 years and cirrhosis for over two years. I never treated with Interferon because I knew I would not be able to handle it. I think it is good to talk about our anxiety around whether or not we will reach SVR, better than holding it all inside anyway.

If nothing else, sharing the difficult lets us know we are not alone and I think that is a very good thing. There are times to be stoic but on a support forum there is no need for such stoicism.

Offline sunrise

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2014, 07:02:27 pm »
Well put Rubye
          Today im not stoic and it is good to have emotional support

Offline Rubye

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2014, 07:10:24 pm »
About a month ago I was seeing one relapse after another on S/O and got pretty depressed about it, but for some reason I am feeling better now. I saw a video from the AASLD meeting where the doctors were talking about real-time stats with S/O and they were saying those with cirrhosis were being cured at 75-80%, while those without cirrhosis were more like 90%. Those are pretty good odds. Only time will tell but it is hard to not worry.

I recently started doing mindfulness meditations and it seems to be helping me with stress. If you're not familiar with mindfulness and are interested, here is a new beginner video --
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKQAmtfra3k

Take care Sunrise. Take care Mel.

Offline BattleTheBeast

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2014, 07:16:23 pm »
I am just gonna send some hugs!

{{{{{{{{Rubye}}}}}}}}}}

Rubye: thank you for your calming influence on me!

{{{{{{{{Sunrise}}}}}}}}}}

Sunrise: you did it! you did it! Last pill! Now we will all wait with you and pray for SVR24 so we get to say you are cured!

xoxoxoxox

Mel
~Mel~

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline RiseUp

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2014, 07:24:29 pm »
sunrise, how are you doing today?
started Harvoni 12/17 (12wks)
dx 1997 1a (3,900,000)
infected early 70's
infergen 1997
interferon & riba 1999 and 2000
liver bio 2/4
started riba feb 4th
undetected vl feb 10th
finished 12wks mar 10
extended to 24 weeks

Offline sunrise

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2014, 07:31:16 pm »
Thanks Mel!!
              Can't believe it. Done witb S/O!!! Happy dance . Praying for UD for good.  I appreciate all the support.
                 Riseup thanks for asking. Im ok just resting. Really need to go Christmas sbopping, but just don't feel like being on the public. Maybe in the morning.  How are you doing today?

Offline BattleTheBeast

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2014, 07:44:55 pm »
Thanks Mel!!
              Can't believe it. Done witb S/O!!! Happy dance . Praying for UD for good.  I appreciate all the support.
                 Riseup thanks for asking. Im ok just resting. Really need to go Christmas sbopping, but just don't feel like being on the public. Maybe in the morning.  How are you doing today?

Hey Sunrise,

I did 100% of my Holiday shopping online! It's so much easier. I actually have been doing it for many years and everyone close to me used to tell me how crazy I was. Now they all do it as well!

Mel
~Mel~

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline badbradley

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2014, 07:55:00 pm »
Sunrise       Welcome to the wonderful world of "Post Treatment".  Labs tomorrow?
     Kinda wish I would've done the VL test. Thought it would just be easier to zipline over the mine field and hope I don't land on a mine when I jump off! It's going by very quickly though. This treatment is really a blink of an eye. You're done with meds, I'm about halfway to SVR12! Time flies doesn't it? Seems like yesterday when you were halfway through meds and I was just finishing. Good Luck on your blood work.     Have a great week MED FREE!
                                                                  Brad
Geno 1a
Sov/Oly 12wks - relapse
Har/Riba 12wks
Alt-16  Ast-17 SVR - 12
Alt-15  Ast-14 SVR - 24

Offline sunrise

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2014, 07:56:29 pm »
I know it is easier. Guess my mind has been so absorbed I didn't think of doing it. Ive been working and busy. Always have been last minute type. Gonna put my elf hat on and go after bloodwork. Im off tomorrow so luckily I just have my son and his girlfriend. Got others already.

Offline sunrise

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2014, 08:02:23 pm »
Thanks so much Brad
             Yes labs tomorrow.  vl cbc. I will post as soon as I get results.  I know, isn't it a trip we got thru in what seems like a few weeks. I know how you  feel about the mine field. Hopefully we will get thru without blowing up. Keep us up on your bloodwork Brad. Merry Christmas! 

Offline badbradley

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2014, 09:39:08 pm »
Sunrise,
      Will definitely post the verdict. Feb. 10 is the result target date. You know how that goes. It will be a nailbiting week.
Merry Christmas to you and a Happy SVR New Year!
Geno 1a
Sov/Oly 12wks - relapse
Har/Riba 12wks
Alt-16  Ast-17 SVR - 12
Alt-15  Ast-14 SVR - 24

Offline Rubye

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2014, 09:45:38 pm »
Mel, you are so funny. Thanks for the much needed hugs!
xoxoxo

Offline BattleTheBeast

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2014, 10:30:01 pm »
Brad, Rubye, Sunrise,

When it comes my time to wait for SVR please smack me if I get too whiny. I am not a patient waiter, not even a little bit.

We may be cooking Turkeys again before I hear SVR24!

Mel
~Mel~

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2014, 10:34:55 pm »
Hi Mel

Just been doing some studying about Hep C a discussion from some experts in the field. They said to let patients know there is a very high concordance between SVR 12 and SVR 24 and they are calling SVR 12 cured to basically enjoy next years turkey with confidence and the 24 week test is just whipped cream on your pumpkin pie!
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline BattleTheBeast

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2014, 10:48:59 pm »
Hi Lynn,

You are just always full of great information! Thanks for sharing that!

Mel
~Mel~

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline sunrise

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2014, 11:29:12 pm »
Good to know that info. So the wait shouldn't be as long as we thought ..I will try to put it in the back of my mind and have a holiday. Next month will tell alot. This is where my faith comes in. ... thanks evryone. You are a compassionate group that cares for each other..♡

Offline Roger McGuinn

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2014, 12:28:06 am »
No mas!   Mel, and anybody else that I might have ruffled their feathers!  I truly apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings, but I believe that I have been misunderstood!  Here I was telling you that I made a terrible mistake by looking at another forum, that I had been directed to, only to come back to this friendly group, where people look at things in a refreshing and positive light!  If you look at my other posts, I have a history of seeing my situation as nothing but positive!  I was going through a period of not really being sure how I was feeling, after taking my last two pills this last Thursday, and was curious to see where others were feeling at this point as well!  That is where I came across such negativity! 

Please guys, lighten up!  I'm on your side...really, it was a misunderstanding!  Mel, I admire your spirit, but I think maybe if your reread my words, you will see that I was not attacking anyone, except maybe for the people that cant find anything to feel positive about!  To those, I might have sounded a little bit harsh, but even my harsh comes only from deep love and caring!  The people on this forum, to  me, have always been the toughest sons of *%#& that I've ever known!  Each and everyone of you is tough as nails, and are here, speaking this way, because you are so strong!  I found myself reading about a lot of complainers, and you are correct, maybe I should have posted elsewhere, as to not hurt anyone,s feelings!  Though I thought at the time, I was clear in the direction to which I was throwing my sarcasm!  I do think that people need to be proactive, as I said!  It's a time to take control, because even with help, we are at a weakened state, and what we think is taking control, sometimes still falls short!  Perhaps my pep talk fell short of the mark!  I only want to see everyone make out well, and begin to live a life that many of us have forgotten about!  So many of us have been sick for so long, that it's easy to forget how strong we still actually are.  I just don't want to see complacency, when a little extra push will get most of us the results we are looking for!   

Are we ok, now?  I speak as a very positive person, that if anything, sometimes am a bit annoying with all of my gung ho, we can win, tirades!  You folks have always been the best, and the very best to speak to when things are not going great!   So, be well, and keep thinking the good thoughts!   

Offline BattleTheBeast

« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2014, 09:25:42 am »
Hi Roger,

We are all here for the same reason, to help each other through our own fights with Hepatitis and some of us even have to deal with HIV and Hep. Each person has the right to feel and post whatever it is they want. Sometimes people have really bad days and sometimes they have amazing days. Either way they are free to share it with us and get support.

My old boss told me a few years back that no matter how good, true or correct my intentions are it really doesn't matter if the perception of the customer is incorrect. I could be the most amazing person an a project and just one little thing being misconstrued could cause chaos to reign all over me. What I am getting at is that perhaps my perception of your post vs. what your intentions were are completely different. I even went back and re-read the original now knowing your intentions and it's still somewhat a mixed bag to me, perhaps because when you wrote it you were frustrated with the negativity somewhere else and that was the focus of your post.

Regardless of my perception, thank you for the clarification. I am not ruffled and have no animosity towards you, life is too precious to me for that negativity to push through. I'd rather focus on the light.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday filled with joy and a Happy Health 2015.

Mel
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 02:58:10 pm by BattleTheBeast »
~Mel~

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline Rubye

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2014, 02:03:48 pm »
These are really beautiful sentiments Mel!
And wise.
I don't know why, maybe I'm just more sensitive this morning, but you really struck home with me here. I like what your boss said and the whole idea of how we are all in this together and for me anyway, how my perceptions can easily be wrong.

Living alone can be hard at times, as many of us know, so it is so wonderful to have a feeling of camaraderie in this forum.

Thank you all! We all contribute to the whole and greater good in our different ways.

Offline Mike

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2014, 02:58:48 pm »
Hi Roger,

That's exactly how I read your first post - that you were disconcerted with the negativity you found on the other forum.

After reading the resposes, I had to reread your first post a couple of times to make sure I didn't miss anything.

And I didn't. In fact, I didn't read anything offensive, disrespectful - nothing. You were talking about your experience on another forum, and HCV treatment in general.

Let me be the first to say welcome back, thanks for your valued opinion, and gradulations on getting through treatment!

Here's to slaying this bastard virus known as HCV!

Cheers, Mike

Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline bh4sons

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2014, 11:57:08 am »
I've been following this forum for the last couple of months, but this is the first time posting.

I've had Hep C since probably the mid 70's.  First diagnosed as Non A- Non B in the early 90's.  I went through 9 months of interferon treatment in the early 2000's.

I just completed S/O about 4 weeks ago.  The counts went down from 2.9M to 360 after one week and non-detected at 6 weeks (didn't have it checked between week 1 and week 6).

I had another blood test 2 weeks after completing the treatment.  Which I followed to the T.  I don't drink alcohol (since about 1977).

I saw my doctor this past Monday, fully expecting that the results would be non-detected (from my 2 week labs).  I was surprised that the viral load was 600.

I had labs done Monday afternoon, to make sure the 2 week labs were accurate.
Needless to say, I was disappointed and hoping that the 600 reading was a blip.  However, I recognize that's probably not the case.

Now I have to decide the next course of action (assuming insurance approval).  I'm not sure whether to go with Harvoni or the new Abbvie treatment.  I'm not sure which one would offer the greatest chance of success.

Offline BattleTheBeast

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2014, 12:22:26 pm »
Hi BH,

Welcome and I am so sorry it looks like your treatment failed, perhaps the new labs will show it was an error.

In the meantime you didn't mention your Genotype and that would help to determine what your next best steps would be.

I know this really stinks but keep taking care of yourself and the cure will come. The researchers are so much further along then even a year ago. Keep the faith!

Mel
~Mel~

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline bh4sons

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2014, 12:38:28 pm »
Hi Mike... Type 1A, stage 3.

Offline BattleTheBeast

« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2014, 12:45:13 pm »
Hi Mike... Type 1A, stage 3.

Hi BH,

I think Mike or Lynn can give you the odds better than I can for what to try next although I am not sure many of us will have a choice based on our insurance plans. The insurance is going to be dictating to many of us what our next steps are based on cost and their own policies.

I can't imagine how you are feeling right now but stay strong and know there will be a cure for you even if the first one didn't work. My ID Doc told me if we don't beat this the first time we will beat it, there are many new options coming down the pike with amazing results, some we haven't heard about yet and some are in Phase 2 clinical trials right now.

Mel
~Mel~

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline Mike

« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2014, 01:11:57 pm »
Hi bh4sons,

I'm sorry the first treatment with S/O did not work; that's got to be a big disappointment.

There are a lot of new treatments coming out and you should discuss these with your doctor.

Since you failed on a Sovaldi-based treatment regimen, it might make sense to try a different combination like Viekira Pak. The theory being that a Sovaldi-based treatment may not work for every clinical picture, and the individual who failed to obtain an SVR may have a better result with a different type/class of antivirals.

I would discuss this with your doctor, look at the numbers and retreat.

I know this is a hard time for you now; but, with new combinations/antivirals coming out, I'm confident that you will slay this dragon in the near future.

Focus on that fact - not the past.

Best, best wishes, bh4sons.

Mike
Genotype 1a
Cured July 2014

Offline Rubye

« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2014, 01:20:39 pm »
Hi bh4sons, I'm very sorry to hear about your relapse. I have thought a bit about what I would do in the event of a relapse after S/O treatment and would try for Harvoni. I am also 1a.

I have read that if you have done S/O that you cannot do the AbbVie drugs due to a problem with one of the drugs in the pak. Forget which one. But, since you cannot do the Viekera Pak, that makes you eligible for Harvoni, even with Express Scripts. However, you may have to have cirrhosis to qualify.

I'll go find a link for you.

Offline Rubye

« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2014, 01:32:26 pm »
Here we go --

"The AbbVie regimen is also not recommended for patients whose livers are not functioning and in people who have not benefited from using older treatments. An Express Scripts spokesman said the company will make exceptions for those patients to allow them to take Gilead's medications."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/22/us-express-scripts-abbvie-hepatitisc-idUSKBN0K007620141222

Again, so very sorry to hear this. Again, there is still hope!

Offline sunrise

« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2014, 02:46:35 pm »
Hi Bh4sons
      Truly sad to hear of your results. I am waiting for my  4 weeks with stress so I think I know how you feel. Thankfully there are new treatments available and better ones coming. Im scared as I still have an nagging pain still on my right side. Doctor says its not liver but who knows. I hope you let us know what you find out and how you will proceed.  Best wishes. Don't be too down. You're not  alpne in this even though it feels like it especially when we get bad news
Blessings. ...Sunrise

Offline Mike

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2014, 03:28:23 pm »
Hi Bh4sons,

I haven't read any thing that suggests you cannot take Viekra after an unsuccessful course of S/O. The only thing I've found is that you cannot take them together.

So make sure you discuss this option with your doctor.

Here is a list of medications you cannot take while on Viekira:

Alfuzosin hydrochloride (Uroxatral®) • carbamazepine (Carbatrol®, Epitol®, Equetro®, Tegretol®) • efavirenz (Sustiva®, Atripla®) • ergot containing medicines, including ergotamine tartrate (Cafergot®, Migergot®, Ergomar®, Ergostat®, Medihaler®, Wigraine®, Wigrettes®), dihydroergotamine mesylate (D.H.E. 45®, Migranal®), methylergonovine (Ergotrate®, Methergine®) • ethinyl estradiol-containing medicines • gemfibrozil (Lopid®) • lovastatin (Advicor®, Altoprev®, Mevacor®) • midazolam (when taken by mouth) • phenytoin (Dilantin®, Phenytek®) • phenobarbital (Luminal®) • pimozide (Orap®) • rifampin (Rifadin®, Rifamate®, Rifater®, Rimactane®) • sildenafil citrate (Revatio®), when taken for pulmonary artery hypertension (PAH) • simvastatin (Zocor®, Vytorin®, Simcor®) • St. John’s wort (Hypericum perforatum) or a product that contains St. John’s wort • triazolam (Halcion®)

Best wishes, Mike

Genotype 1a
Cured July 2014

Offline bh4sons

« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2014, 04:11:33 pm »
Thanks for the responses folks.  I was down a little bit on Monday, but am much better now and ready to tackle the next phase.

Merry Christmas

Offline BattleTheBeast

« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2014, 04:47:13 pm »
Hi BH,

Happy Holidays and just know there are some of us that have been where you are and some of who will be there in the future. We are all warriors and one way or the other we are going to beat this.

Thank you so much for sharing your story because it could be any of us facing the same choices very soon. We can all hope it wont be us but until I finish this treatment and hit SVR24 I am not going to believe I am cured.

Keep us updated please...

Mel
~Mel~

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2014, 05:23:52 pm »
Hi BH

I also failed Sovaldi Olysio. Haven't seen if you said you have cirrhosis an if you treated for 12 weeks or 24 with Sol Oly. They recently updated the treatment for GT 1 with cirrhosis to 24 weeks Sov Oly. I only did 12 so that was most likely the reason I relapsed.

I am just finished week 5 of Harvoni with 19 to go and 4 week be said undetectable not surprised but still a good sign.

There has been information published that having taken Sovaldi does not crest resistance. Also a small study with 14 who failed Sovaldi Ribavirin who took Harvoni made SVR12.

I am not sure if there is an issue with the AbbVie meds from the Olysio but I have seen something about that would be the problematic med if you were to try AbbVie.

I also researched some trial results for a patient like myself comparing AbbVie to Harvoni and AbbVie come in at 93% effective while Harvoni reports 99% for treatment experienced with cirrhosis.

Also did you treat with a PI like Telaprevir when you treated before or just interferon riba? I think there maybe some problems treating with AbbVie if that is the case I think they also don't recommend AbbVie wil people sho failed a PI treatment again resistance issues.

Best to discuss with your doctor. Have you had a look at the updated treatment guidelines? You can drill down to your scenario and see what they say they also list trial results they based their recommendations on.

Sorry to hear you have joined me in my leaky boat but your and my day of seeing the rescue ship is coming soon.

Good luck
Lynn
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2014, 05:25:26 pm »
I hate auto correct but I guess you can sort it out really not illiterate
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline Mike

« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2014, 06:25:35 pm »
One of the issues about re-treatment is that there is very minimal, if any research, addressing the question: If an individual fails to achieve an SVR with a Sovaldi-based regime, what is the next treatment step?

The reason for this is that Sovaldi, which is the anchor drug for most current treatment protocols (Harvoni, S/O, SOL+RIBV, SOL+INTF+RIBV and so on), has only been available for approximately 12 months. Efficacy studies, based on clinical trials, contained very sample sizes and did not address the population of those who fail to achieve an SVR. Thus, research regarding re-treatment of individual who fail a Sovaldi-based protocol is scant.

In addition, the research studies that include treatment experienced individuals, are generally referring to those who failed an INTF+RIBV protocol (myself included).

In other words, there is no research supporting a better efficacy (outcome) for an individual who fails, let's say, a 24-week course of SOL+Olysio and then undergoes a second treatment with Harvoni.

If there studies available, please post them.

This is why it is so important to discuss empirically researched re-treatment options with your doctor if an SVR is not obtained.

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Cured July 2014

Offline BattleTheBeast

« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2014, 06:31:35 pm »
My issue exactly,

I don't know about you but I am really anxious about being about to get 24 weeks, I hope I can at least get 16 on top of the 8 with the S/O; I just don't know where that leaves me?  I haven't been able to find anyone with results in my situation.

Would 32 weeks straight of Sovaldi be bad? Would 8 of S/O and 12 of Harvoni be enough? Just don't know what I should or shouldn't fight for at this point.

So confused....

Mel
~Mel~

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline Rubye

« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2014, 07:50:18 pm »
You may very well be the first Mel. :0
More likely though that you are one of a very few who has done your treatment.

Offline BattleTheBeast

« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2014, 08:04:01 pm »
You may very well be the first Mel. :0
More likely though that you are one of a very few who has done your treatment.

Not so sure I want to be the first with this one Rubye!  You never know I may have the new exciting treatment. 8 of the S/O and 12 of the Harvoni, need to think positive right?

Happy Holidays!

Mel
~Mel~

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2014, 08:14:01 pm »
The study of the 14 relapse they did say that was a limitation of their study of being so few. There are even fewer patients that have done 34 weeks Sovaldi and Olysio probably just in the trials. The FDA only just approved Olysio Sovaldi in November as being per prescription and only on the prescribing information sheet for Olysio. With that addition the FDA also added the 24 week treatment for patients with cirrhosis. I don't know if anyone has done this treatment except for in a trial and haven't seen any data on SVR for those few that have done this treatment.

They only so far have the Sovaldi riba failure group of 14 patients but as the concern is Sovaldi Harvoni resistance certain the results are heartening

Any happy Christmas merry new year
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline Rubye

« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2014, 08:15:52 pm »
And thus necessitating only 20 weeks of tx rather than 24. jk

The only thing I could find with regard to studies of those who treated with S/O and then re-treated with Harvoni are the Synergy and Electron-2 studies:

http://depts.washington.edu/hepstudy/presentations/uploads/129/electron2__ledipasvir_sofosbuvir.pdf

“The fixed-dose combination of sofosbuvir plus
ledipasvir was efficacious in a small cohort of patients with HCV GT-1
that relapsed after sofosbuvir plus ribavirin therapy, even in the setting
of advanced liver disease. Larger studies are needed to confirm
these preliminary efficacy results.”

http://depts.washington.edu/hepstudy/presentations/uploads/103/ledipasvir_sofosbuvir_master.pdf

Offline Rubye

« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2014, 08:18:30 pm »
Honestly Mel, that sounds like a good deal. The best of both worlds.

Offline Mike

« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2014, 08:31:54 pm »
Thanks for posting Rubeye.

The preliminary data looks very promising.

Additional studies with larger sample sizes should be availble within the next 6-12 months and hopefully will mirror these results.

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Cured July 2014

Offline BattleTheBeast

« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2014, 09:10:03 pm »
Actually it's all very confusing to me, I guess time will tell

Mel
~Mel~

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline Rubye

« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2014, 10:58:33 pm »
It is confusing. I've just been kinda OC with treatment since S/O came out in January. The U of WA is by far the best site I've found for info, other than the AASLD. I look forward to the day when I can begin to lead a normal life and not be obsessed with clinical trials. :) I suppose there could be far worse things to be obsessed with.

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2014, 04:15:02 am »
Yes that wast the trial I was referring to just not a lot of Sovaldi treatment failures at this point but that is a good thing.

Anyway they all cleared and Sovaldi resistance is a non issue so I am cautiously optimistic that 24 week Harvoni will allow me to never have to read detailed clinical trial results etc again
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline bh4sons

« Reply #57 on: December 25, 2014, 10:35:21 pm »
Lynn/Mike/Mel/Rubye,

Thanks for the great information. Lynn, it sounds like you're the trail blazer.  I wish the best for you.

I don't have cirrhosis yet.  I am at stage 3.  I am 56 and most likely contracted the disease in the mid-70's.  Not sure if I'd be a candidate for 24 weeks or not.  If I did another 12 weeks, I would think it would not be like starting at ground zero, since the viral load is low and was non-detected for the time I was on treatment (logical, but that may not be the case).

Offline Karen

« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2014, 08:28:07 am »
I am new to this site.. And desperately need your help please. Its now been 8 weeks since i've finished the 12 week treatment. My last blood work stated undetected. However, i still feel terrible. Joint pains, foggyness, and sometimes it feels like a battery charged inside of me. Also, so so tired! Tell me please this is normal.. And tell me it will go away soon...

Offline JillLynn

• contracted 1973/ peg/rib 1999 & 2004/on harvoni
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2014, 09:27:12 am »
Hi Karen.   Sorry to hear you are feeling so terrible.      I never took S/O,  but do know the 2 times I did pegasus/ribivirin and pegintron/ribivirin it took me a whole year to feel good again, each time.   So it was 4 years of my life feeling horrible to cure Hep C.....and of course like many, the virus came back.

Others on here I'm sure can tell you about the S/O post treatment.   
 I attribute my joint pain at the moment to the Harvoni.   If it isn't.....I'l have further investigating to do once I'm off the treatment.  Will give it 6 mos.   Pretty sure it's the treatment though and will pass.

To offer some hope.....after 48 weeks of INT/PEG I did feel better after a year.  And those literally nearly killed me.   
  So hopefully you will feel better way before that!   

wish you the best!  healing thoughts for you.

Jill

Offline sunrise

« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2014, 10:59:32 am »
Hi Karen
    I'm really sorry to hear you're feeling so bad. I too have been off this S/O treatment. I have many of the same side effects you're feeling right now I have joint pain especially in my ankles. My blood pressure feels higher towards the afternoon. I go to my doctor in 2 weeks for an examination. I'm glad you're still showing undetected though, that's so important. I've only been off the treatment for a week now. I'm sure it's going to take a few months to get back to normal hopefully we have cleared this virus... Best wishes Sunrise

Offline sunrise

« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2014, 11:02:33 am »
Hey Jill
         How are you doing today? I hope you had a great Christmas and you're feeling okay. Now here we are looking into the new year already.let me know how you're doing..... best wishes Sunrise

Offline BattleTheBeast

« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2014, 12:51:47 pm »
Hi Karen!

That's the best news ever, you are Undetected!!!!

Now let's talk about how you are feeling, I started with a high viral load and cirrhosis which means I was sick, aching and a big mess before the treatment. The thing is that although we may get SVR we still have cirrhosis and with that can come a bunch of not so fun side effects. The best thing you can do for yourself and your liver is to eat the best you can with a liver healthy diet, talk to your doctor and maybe they can arrive an appointment with a nutritionist to help you. Although these new medications can do what others before them couldn't it doesn't fix our sick livers. I'd really pay attention to what I am putting into my body if I was you and see if certain things make me feel worse, like too much protein in my diet, a food diary would be a great thing to keep and  have to review with a nutritionist.

Good news is that the liver does have the capacity to regenerate and many of us hope by curing the infection, eating healthy and following the doctors guidance we can start to get back to a somewhat normal painfree life and that our livers will never get any worse!

Let's hope some of the aches and pains are just do to the S/O and will fade with time as well. For me, I never had this lower back pain before S/O and Harvoni, it's a possible side effect of Sovaldi so I hope it slowly goes away when I am done treatment. Stay strong, be patient and listen to your body, rest when you need to and keep drinking lots of water!

Mel
~Mel~

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline Rubye

« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2014, 10:39:22 pm »
Hi Karen,

Welcome to this forum. There's a lot of really good people here and I hope you're stick around to share your experience post-treatment. Nothing about pain and brain fog is normal, but I think what you're asking is that if perhaps the pain is part of the withdrawal from treatment. I think it's a great question because there doesn't seem to be much data yet on the after-effects of treatment with the new drugs. I read a lot on the forums and a few people have talked about not feeling well for a couple of months, complaining of mostly joint pain and memory loss. But, it seems like most people have no side-effects after a week or two.

Do you have cirrhosis? If you do, maybe your liver is causing these problems. It would probably be a good idea to talk with your doctor and have some more labs done. I really hope you get to feeling better soon and congratulations on being undetected.

Also, the advice Mel gave you is very good. I agree with her that even with cirrhosis our livers can begin to heal once the virus is gone as long as we don't drink alcohol and keep a good diet and get some exercise. Oh yeah, one thing I've found when I get a lot of joint pain is that walking always helps, even if it is just a few blocks.

Offline sunrise

« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2014, 11:12:21 pm »
Hi Rubye!
      How are you feeling ? Hoping you had a wonderful Christmas. New Year is almost here. Hope we all have a healthful one.... Thank you so much for your positive and inspirational thoughts and tips. Really helpsget through the fearful times. Trying to up the activity level and walk and do things. Looks like snow.... have a good evening....PS. Liucinda had a nice info.  site  for herbs with interactions, good read.in on 6 weeks in- on treatment section.....Sunrise

Offline Rubye

« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2014, 11:24:35 pm »
Hey there Sunrise!

I'm fine except tired all the time and nauseous some of the time, but good overall. I'm almost done again. :) Another two weeks or so. For me, I can't think too much about it though. You sound really good. Better. And now here we go with a new clean slate for the coming year. Yea.

As far as anything inspirational, it'd be nice if I'd take my own advice. :)

Offline sunrise

« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2014, 11:55:52 pm »
Rubye
   I hope the nausea has subsided some. Wow it's right around the corner you are getting off treatment. I'm really hopeful that you will clear the virus. We're all in this together fearlessl warrior!  Have a great New Years... best wishes Sunrise

Offline badbradley

« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2014, 10:52:37 am »
Hey Sunrise,
     Have you checked out that Harvoni highway lately? I can't keep up man! Did you see the new one, Mugwump? What the heck is a Mugwump? Funny! S/O is just an old dusty trail compared to "Life in the fast lane" Harvoni Highway! Seems as though we're the last of the singing cowboys girl! How have you been feeling? Wish you the best on your results!  Have a great week!     
                                                  Brad

Wishing the very best to all Harvonians as well!!!!
Geno 1a
Sov/Oly 12wks - relapse
Har/Riba 12wks
Alt-16  Ast-17 SVR - 12
Alt-15  Ast-14 SVR - 24

Offline BattleTheBeast

« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2014, 12:38:53 pm »
Hey Brad!

I resemble that remark, I am a half-breed on the highway, maybe the one and only too! Rubye is also on the S/O highway with you guys!

I always had to be a little different, I don't even care as long as we all end of SVR at the end of the road!

Waiting around for the PAK people to jump in :)

Hope you are all doing well today,

Mel
~Mel~

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline sunrise

« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2014, 12:39:48 pm »
Howdy Brad
               I know! Where have all the S/Os gone??? We missed that train lol. Hopefully we won't have to get on it neither... I haven't checked out the latest forums, but thats funny. I will check it out when I'm done. Im still waiting for eot tests. Stressful. Trying to stay busy and lose weight.  I blew up on this tx. I couldn't stop eating!! lol....Blessings Sunrise

Offline sunrise

« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2014, 12:44:00 pm »
Hi Mel!
     I know!! You are getting best of both worlds. Yes now it seems like Brad and Rubye are camping with me lol....How are you feeling? My body is still acting wierd, but at least I am able to control my eating. What a strange side effect. Still achey... Happy New Year!....Sunrise

Offline BattleTheBeast

« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2014, 12:52:06 pm »
Hey SunShine,

I feel like that matches you better these days so I am renaming you, haha.

I am doing ok, rash is calm today, I am working from home and on lunch break. Just ordered Pizza for the grandson who is on winter break and making me insane. All in all a normal day and  no complaints. It could be WAY worse so I am enjoying the relative calm.

I just got off of a crazy sleep schedule, 3 nights I couldn't sleep then I was sleeping almost straight for two days, now I am back to not sleeping last night. It would be really nice to have a normal schedule but hey I will one day. Tomorrow Bottle 2 of Harvoni is scheduled to arrive which will mean I have completed 4 cycles, 3 S/O and 1 of Harvoni and wondering how many more the insurance company will send of the Harvoni.

Glad to hear your appetite is under control again, you will be an all new you the minute you hear you are SVR!

Mel
~Mel~

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline sunrise

« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2014, 01:01:16 pm »
Im sorry your sleep schedule is so erratic.  Hopefully it will smooth out. Wow it is going though... you should clear that beast for sure. I am anxiously to know my status..... and the beat goes on....  best wishes.  Good to hear you ate having some calm.. pizza sounds so good but I can't. ..ugh....Sunrise

Offline badbradley

« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2014, 01:06:12 pm »
Hey Mel,
     You are the one and only Halfbreed on treatment. Seems to be going fairly smooth for you. Keep on pushing Mel. I know you're not pregnant but keep pushing anyways!!

Sunrise  -   "Howdy"    Spoken like a true cowgirl!  Can't wait to see your results!
 Have a great day!
Geno 1a
Sov/Oly 12wks - relapse
Har/Riba 12wks
Alt-16  Ast-17 SVR - 12
Alt-15  Ast-14 SVR - 24

Offline Vflowers

« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2014, 09:22:06 pm »
My friend is ND 12 weeks EOT! Normal other tests!

Offline badbradley

« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2014, 09:29:44 pm »
Hi Vflowers,
            Very Good News!!!!  That is such a great feeling! Always puts a smile on my face when I see this! Thank You for posting these results. Very Happy for you and your friend!
                          Brad
Geno 1a
Sov/Oly 12wks - relapse
Har/Riba 12wks
Alt-16  Ast-17 SVR - 12
Alt-15  Ast-14 SVR - 24

Offline sunrise

« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2014, 09:46:27 pm »
Hi vflowers
      Thats so great! What treatment was he on?

Offline Vflowers

« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2014, 09:52:53 pm »
12wks s/o. Previous failure on peg/RIBA/interferon. Semi severe reaction to Oylsio from sun, joint pain, bad finger nails & hyperbilirubin (up to 6!).  12 was side effects all but gone, normal labs. Recheck in 12 wk with US.  Cirrosis , high viral load, 1a Genotype

Offline sunrise

« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2014, 09:57:29 pm »
Wow im so glad to hear hes doing better.  I had joint pain weight gain not bad sun sensitivity. I took 12 weeks s/o hoping for undetected.  Thanks so much for posting. You all have a great new year!

Offline bh4sons

« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2014, 10:00:57 am »
I just completed S/O about 4 weeks ago.  The counts went down from 2.9M to 360 after one week and non-detected at 6 weeks (didn't have it checked between week 1 and week 6).

I had another blood test 2 weeks after completing the treatment.  Which I followed to the T.  I don't drink alcohol (since about 1977).

I saw my doctor this past Monday, fully expecting that the results would be non-detected (from my 2 week labs).  I was surprised that the viral load was 600.

I had labs done Monday afternoon, to make sure the 2 week labs were accurate.
Needless to say, I was disappointed and hoping that the 600 reading was a blip.  However, I recognize that's probably not the case.

Not sure exactly why the counts were showing 600 on the 12/8 test, but my 12/22 labs came back as NOT DETECTED!

Not sure what that means for the future, but I'll take it!

Offline sunrise

« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2014, 10:14:51 am »
That is so great bh! What an awsome way to see in the New Year! Did they tell you why things were different the second time they took the test?I'm so happy for you and your family they're going to have you around for a long time, healthy and happy....best wishes Sunrise

Offline bh4sons

« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2014, 10:30:40 am »
Thanks Sunrise...

I called yesterday and asked them to fax me the lab results, so I just looked at them this morning in my inbox.  I haven't spoken to the doctor yet.

Praying that the 2nd test results were the right ones (4 weeks) and that the remaining results continue to show Not Detected.

Offline sunrise

« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2014, 11:40:20 am »
I heat that! I haven't received my end of treatment test yet. Then I have my 4 week tests Jan 22. Im anxious and a bit nervous, but the good thing is I got UD at 4 weeks in tx. Best of luck for all of us!!...Sunrise

Offline bh4sons

« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2014, 03:54:23 pm »
I pray that you would have peace and a complete recovery Sunrise.

Offline sunrise

« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2014, 06:49:00 pm »
Thank you so much. That is my hope for all of us.... Sunrise

Offline badbradley

« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2014, 10:34:49 pm »
Hey Sunrise,
       How is everything?  I'm counting on seeing your results before that Ball drops in about 25 hrs. I know you put that beast down for good. Will check Posts in the A.M. before work. Will say a Prayer for Sunrise before sleep tonight - for sure!!
                                                                            Brad   
Geno 1a
Sov/Oly 12wks - relapse
Har/Riba 12wks
Alt-16  Ast-17 SVR - 12
Alt-15  Ast-14 SVR - 24

Offline sunrise

« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2014, 10:56:08 pm »
Thanks Brad
              Praying for you too. My patient advocate called me yesterday the CBC results came in but not my viral load results so I don't know if I'm going to get them by tomorrow. Still have that nagging pain on my right side kind of creeping me out. I hope everybody's having a good evening. Looks like snow tomorrow. Everybody stay warm keep fighting the good fight.... Sunrise

Offline BattleTheBeast

« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2014, 06:01:44 pm »
Hey Sunshine!

Just thinking about you and that nagging pain. Maybe you have a really stuck gas bubble, have you tried antacids? Just might be worth a shot now that you are off the S/O. Do you work with a Gastro? Maybe you can get an ultrasound and they can take a peak to see what's going on. You know all about being proactive so go for it next week!

Did you hear from them today with your results? I know you End of Treatment is going to be UD!

Happy and Health SVR 2015!

Mel
~Mel~

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline sunrise

« Reply #88 on: December 31, 2014, 08:26:19 pm »
Hey Mel
I hope this note finds you doing well. Thank you for your well wishes. I wish you all a Happy New Year as well and of course a healthy one. I talked to my doctor and he seems to feel that it is a muscular problem.I have had an ultrasound done and they could not find anything wrong. Thankfully today I have not had much pain. We do have snow of course in the Southwest today. I have about 6 inches in front of my house. And it's getting down about 19 degrees tonight so I will be staying home safe and sound. What are your plans for the holiday? Blessings.... Sunrise

Offline sunrise

« Reply #89 on: December 31, 2014, 08:29:13 pm »
I talk to my patient advocate today and she said that the viral load test has not come back yet. I figure it's because of the holidays it kind of slowed things down. All I can do is be patient but that's the latest no news

Offline BattleTheBeast

« Reply #90 on: December 31, 2014, 08:45:37 pm »
I talk to my patient advocate today and she said that the viral load test has not come back yet. I figure it's because of the holidays it kind of slowed things down. All I can do is be patient but that's the latest no news

That's ok because you weren't in pain today so guess it's No results with No pain! 

No snow yet in NJ this year but the new year will change that soon I am sure. Busy day, saw my doc, went grocery shopping, came home and made a big pot of Bean Soup and then made Salmon and Baked Potatoes for dinner. I just want to eat junk though, what's wrong with me?

It's 25 degrees here so just hanging at home with the grandson and taking it easy. Glad you are home safe and warm.

Happy Happy New Year,

Mel
~Mel~

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline sunrise

« Reply #91 on: December 31, 2014, 09:15:32 pm »
Ummmmm salmon sounds good! Talk about junk I'm into the icecream right now. Naughty girl. Sounds like you are doing way better Mel.... :-)

Offline sunrise

« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2015, 09:23:26 pm »
Greeting fellow warriors
        I just wanted to touch base with everybody. I still have not received my end of treatment results. Heck I can't even get in touch with LabCorp. I think they must be really backed up now that everybody is getting treatment. Its been over two and a half weeks and I still have not received my viral load test. Hope everybody's doing okay taking your medication or finished. Stay warm take care. kkeep in touch let me know how you're doing everyone blessings sunrise

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2015, 04:19:38 am »
Good luck Sunrise may you walk among the dragon slayers and shout from the mountain top FREEDOM!!!!!
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline BattleTheBeast

« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2015, 08:34:57 am »
Hi Sunrise,

There is a way to get all your lab results online from LabCorp, they call it Beacon and I think anyone can sign up.

Hope this helps,

Mel
~Mel~

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2015, 08:55:49 am »
Hi Mel
Hey I signed up for beacon and only got one lab result from like 3 years ago and nothing else. I even emailed their question link and haven't heard back. So not having a lot of luck with that process. The old lab was at lab corp in a different town than I go to now but Ida's the same tech at the office I go to currently. Frustrating....

Any ideas?
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline sunrise

« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2015, 09:12:45 am »
Hi Mel hi Lynn
      I tried getting on that but they wanted too much information online and I wasn't willing to give it. Besides that I couldn't get through the link anyway. Hopefully I'll get it soon I guess I shouldn't worry too much I hope everyone's doing. I haven't seen anybody here for a while hope everyone had a good holiday. How's the side effects going with this Hervoni?

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2015, 09:17:49 am »
Nothing to report here re sides

I am almost as anxious as you to hear your results lol

Best to you
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline sunrise

« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2015, 09:30:56 am »
Thanks Lynn   
     I miss you girls and guys. It's so nice to have someone that understands what you're going through I can't talk about anybody really except one or two people in my life. Well I'm glad to hear that the side effects are minimal how far along are you now?... Blessings sunrise

Offline BattleTheBeast

« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2015, 10:03:34 am »
Sunrise,

I hear you, even when I talk to those i can they just don't understand like my fellow forum members do. I appreciate all of you so much.

I agree with Lynn, I am so anxious to hear your results!

Mel
~Mel~

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.