Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:39:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 77
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 61
Total: 61

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Just tested positive  (Read 7849 times)

Offline Anem

Just tested positive
« on: January 05, 2015, 07:42:15 am »
Hi everyone, I am in the first trimester of being pregnant. They sent me for blood tests (as they do with all pregnancies) and it came back positive for hep c. This is a massive shock- and I cannot figure out how it's possible. Since my youngest is 3 and tested negative then, I'm guessing I've been exposed in the last 3 years.  I have had the second blood test and get results Thursday. I have spent the last two weeks in a depressive/shocked state. I just can't understand how it's happened.  Thanks for reading this far, and I hope you're all well.  Thanks.

Offline rainbowray

• Gen 1B
Re: Just tested positive
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 10:27:43 am »
If 3 years is the max you have had HepC, then most likely, liver damage is very minimal. They have to verify you do not have a false positive for the anti-body, with a viral load test. If verified, A fibrosure blood test can be drawn to show extent of liver damage, if verified low damage then waiting is a good option to get treatment after the baby is born and you are recovered from that. Getting the baby tested later then, is a good idea. Don't know the options for infants, but doubt the baby is in any immediate dangers, as the virus takes time to do its damage.
Try not to stress over this news, as stress is not good for the liver anyway.
Many get this news, and find out that now is a good time for treatments, and even better ones are on the way.

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.