Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:15:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 81
Total: 81

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Undetected  (Read 5261 times)

Offline amy1662

Undetected
« on: January 07, 2015, 07:14:44 pm »
I just wanted to give everyone an update on how I am doing. I just had my first followup appointment today and at 4 weeks I am undetected. I started Harvoni December 1st so I am now five and a half weeks into it. I feel pretty good and have started to notice I have more stamina now than I did in the past. I am on this treatment for 12 weeks so I have high hopes that I will remain Hep c free once this is over. My doctor says I need to be tested three months post treatment before he can truly say I beat this. the reason I am on the twelve weeks of Harvoni is because I was treated back in 2002 with interferon and ribavirin and had relapsed. the only worry I have is that back in 2002 I had showed undetected but still relapsed. Hope this time things will be different. I want to send a wish to everyone on here that we all become and stay undetectable. sincerely, Amy

Offline CE

• Genotype 3. Sovaldi & Ribavirin 24 weeks.
Re: Undetected
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 07:44:48 pm »
I think that "R" word is everyone's grestest fear. I, too, pray that with all the new meds, we all will be SVR forever. Good, luck, Amy!
Chris :)
Diagnosed July 2014
Genotype 3
Viral load of 950,000
Most likely from blood transfusion in 1978
Treatment started November 2014
Sovaldi and Ribavirin for 24 weeks
End of treatment April 2015
SVR12 July 2015!!!!!!
SVR24 October 2015!!!!!
Cured!!!! Praise the Lord!!

Offline Harvoni_NYC

Re: Undetected
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 12:56:00 pm »
AWESOME NEWS!!!  I am at 4 weeks now on HArvoni of my 12 week treatment.  I just had my bloodwork done and have to wait until this friday for the results.  I am SO hoping for the same news. 

As for the stamina, you arent kidding!  I was physically fit prior to beginning treatment but I feel like a different person already.  All my training has improved, my strength has increased, my endurance(i run) and my lifting are both better than they have ever been.  I am almost 40 and I feel like im 18 again.  Zero side effects either.  I do feel that I need to drink more water though or I feel dehydrated. 

This has been a dream drug.  Best of luck to you on your subsequent tests...we will both kill this thing...the numbers are on our side!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.