Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:42:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 100
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 73
Total: 74

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Reactive anti-HCV Antibody Test Tuesday  (Read 8594 times)

Offline Nolurt28

Reactive anti-HCV Antibody Test Tuesday
« on: January 08, 2015, 01:35:38 pm »
I went in for my first physical since high school (no health insurance for 15 years - now provided by employer) and had a gamut of tests run. One included HCV antibody assay which came back reactive Tuesday. Went back Wednesday as they needed more blood samples to run follow ups. Awaiting the RNA results with much anxiety.

I've never done intravenous drugs, but have had unprotected sex, a bunch of tattoos (one from a pretty sketchy place), and have experimented with coke, also kick boxed for a while, and worked in construction (not sure if pin prick risk is the same in that environment but the incidence of open wounds is pretty high). My father was diagnosed when I was 19 and living with him, so there is that potential too. Honestly I'm not as concerned with the potential where/who, especially since I haven't received the RNA results.

I guess I'm just posting to get some stress off my chest. My girlfriend and I live together so I think I fear more that IF I'm positive for RNA I could have passed it to her (of course she could have equally passed to me as I'm not sure she's ever been tested).

It's pretty nerve wracking waiting for these results. When my doc told me the initil results he mentioned "a lot" of adults show false positives, but I'm really wondering what a lot is. I imagine it's a pretty low occurrence though, and he was probably trying to avoid freaking me out from the preliminary findings. Also how long do the results usually take? The initial test produced results in 24 hours or so. I'm hoping I get them today for the second but I'm not sure.

Also my ALT and AST were under 20. Bilirubin was 1.1 so I'm ok there but from what im reading that could exist in chronic cases.

Ugh just wish those results would come in soon...

Offline BattleTheBeast

• Female, 57 - SVR12 as of 7/23/15!!
Re: Reactive anti-HCV Antibody Test Tuesday
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 06:19:35 pm »
Hi Nolurt,

Glad you can come here and let it out. Honestly it really won't matter where it came from as long as you don't indulge in IV drug use or use coke today. Basically if you have HCV you need to think about a really healthy lifestyle including no alcohol. Don't share your toothbrush or razor with your girlfriend.

I have HCV and not sure where it came from, today thanks to the new drugs I am Undetected and hope to achieve SVR in 2015. You are going to have the same opportunity if you have HCV. It's not a death sentence, it's an awakening to be more kind to yourself and think about what you put into your body!

I'd want to know if I was your girlfriend so as hard as it is, if you haven't shared this with her you really need to so she can also get tested.

Stay strong, keep sharing here and wait to see what the doctor says. Then you can come up with the best game plan!

Mel
~Mel~
Hep C, Type 1, 10/11  viral load 8,238,340, AST-60, ALT-57 Bili .6  Stage 4 cirrhosis,
Week 4 VL <15 AST 20 - ALT 27 Bili .9
Week 9 - switched to Harvoni VL UD!! AST 20 ALT 19

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
SVR 12 is 7/23/15 ACHIEVED!!! 
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.