Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:29:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 67
Total: 67

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Are my Harvoni pill ruined?  (Read 11280 times)

Offline LACYJEN1999

Are my Harvoni pill ruined?
« on: January 09, 2015, 02:38:20 am »
I inadvertently stored 6 Harvoni pills. in their original vile in the freezer section of my refrigerator.  The pills where in there for approximately 9 hours.  I attempted to phone Gilead today but couldn't get through because they were so overloaded with calls.  Does any one have an opinion if they have lost their potency

Offline Islandgirl

• Started Harvoni 12/3/14 - EOT 2/25/15
Re: Are my Harvoni pill ruined?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 09:08:21 am »
How awful, I'd be upset too!  I hope you have an answer by now, if you do, please share it.

I'd keep calling, also call your specialty pharmacy for an opinion, even your local pharmacy.  Since they shouldn't be kept where they are too hot, maybe cold is OK???  Have you tried asking the question on line?  Good luck and let the rest of us know! ....Islandgirl
1b, treatment naive, positive for Hep C since 1994; thought to be transmitted via blood transfusions in 1976
Started Harvoni 12/3/14, EOT 2/25/15
12/31/14 labs - Virus Undetected, ALT/18, AST/34
3/25/15 labs - 1 mo post 12 wk Harvoni TX Virus Undetected!!  :) ....Islandgirl

Offline gea

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 09:52:45 am »
I have wondered about shipping.... right now, our temps are single digits.  Wondered about the pills riding around in that Fed Ex truck....  But the same would apply to hot temps in the summer months.    Anxious to hear a reply from Gilead.
Diagnosed 06-2013
1-A
Started Harvoni for 12 wks 11-17-14
AST 26  ALT 34

Offline LACYJEN1999

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 07:00:00 pm »
You raised an interesting point. Pills are shipped all the time by Fed Ex, UPS and etc.  The sit on freezing cold trucks until they reach the user.  In fact my last 28 pills were shipped in that type of weather.  My solution so far is to use pills 57 to 84 and save the last six pills to be used at the end of that cycle.  I spoke to a pharmacist at Gilead at she had no information regarding my situation.  In fact she referred me back to to pharmacy that supplied me with the medication and supplier referred me back to Gilead.

I will call my doctor on Monday

Offline Mike

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 07:30:30 pm »
Hi Lacyjenn,

You can also call the pharmacy and they should be able to answer this question.

I would imagine the pills will be alright; but better safe than sorry.

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline Mike

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2015, 07:32:14 pm »
Oops. I didn't read all the posts. It seems like you already spoke to the pharmacy.

Anyway, best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.