Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:55:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 91
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 80
Total: 80

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I am sorry if I offended anyone on the Hep B Vacine Topic  (Read 12591 times)

Offline Amj1951

I am sorry if I offended anyone on the Hep B Vacine Topic
« on: January 17, 2015, 07:25:02 am »
I apologize if I offended anyone especially Lukey with my comments, but to be honest what got to me was the comments about not vaccinating an animal. I've dealt with many many rescues and spent 1000's of my own dollars in trying to save animals who were not vaccinated and I've seen first hand the pain some of them go through because of it. Enough said.

Also anyone who chooses to not get vaccinated .. it is 100% their choice, but I do feel if you open a topic here, you are asking for honest opinions and I gave mine and again I am sorry if it offended.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Meredith

Offline Lukey

• Let Thy Food Be Thy Medicine
Re: I am sorry if I offended anyone on the Hep B Vacine Topic
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 08:23:44 am »
This post you made is distracting to the main purpose of this forum and should be deleted. My hands shake when I reply to  you.

You seem to assume a lot of things about my 2 cats, that was your 1st mistake.

My 2 cats do not come into contact with other animals. I live alone, I own my house, and I don't get company. My cats DO NOT roam free. I built them a 4' x 8' catio outside the kitchen window. I have a LOT of experience with cats in the last 30 years. Do NOT try to lecture me on my cats.

I have lost cats I loved due to complications from eating kibble, which is why I now feed them raw, and why they're healthier than any other cats I've owned in the last 30 years. They no longer need me to put dangerous, carcinogenic flea chemicals on them because fleas don't like healthy animals.

Do you realize what commercial cat food is made out of? I could not feed my beloved cats that GARBAGE. All it is is ground up sick, dead animals, with GMO soy and corn added (two things cats DO NOT digest well) whether you know that yet or not, or care to realize that. You feed your pets this junk, then they need flea chemicals, vaccines, and lots of vet visits, because they aren't eating real food and their immunity is lacking. This is a vicious cycle, and good for the vets and billionaire pet food makers than turn garbage into a pretty bag of junk and sell it to naive buyers. This is not my idea of a healthy happy pet. I took it to a new level. My cats have nice white teeth, no fleas (NATURALLY), and shiny coats of fur. Do not ASSUME things about my cats and I. When you do, you're advertising your ignorance.

http://rawfedcats.org/toxic.htm

http://rawfedcats.org/vaccinosis.htm

http://rawfedcats.org/feedingraw.htm
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 08:25:55 am by Lukey »
Male -  HCV since 1982 - Born 1951 ~ Geno 1a

Did 8 weeks of Harvoni in 2015. Got normal AST & ALT and undetected VL by week 5, then relapsed 4 weeks post.
-----------------------------------------------------------
July 5, 2018 : began 12 weeks of Vosevi with a VL of 540,000 and AST & ALT of 65 and 105.
2 weeks in : AST 19, ALT 20
5 weeks in : AST 18, ALT 12, VL "<15 detected"
10 weeks in : AST 19, ALT 14, VL "<15 not detected"
4 weeks post : "<15 not detected"

Offline Lukey

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 08:40:03 am »
Does it look like I need help taking care of my cats?

Did 8 weeks of Harvoni in 2015. Got normal AST & ALT and undetected VL by week 5, then relapsed 4 weeks post.
July 5, 2018 : began 12 weeks of Vosevi with a VL of 540,000 and AST & ALT of 65 and 105.

Offline Bucky

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 11:09:32 am »
Hello Meredith and Lukey,
I am new to you both because I haven't posted since I reached SVR12 and I decided to take a break from the forum awaiting SVR24 results. I took the break to refocus my life goals since it looks like I will now have a much longer one that I had ever imagined.
I want be honest with both of you concerning the escalation of your recent conversations. This forum is not like the others, in the fact that it has (with the exception of one person) always been a place of calm support and discussions. The moderators and veterans of this forum have always kept it that way.
Meredith, I am pleased to see that you reached out with an apology to Lukey and I hope that it is accepted. In my personal life some of my best friends have been ones that I started out having a disagreement with.
Now I want to discuss the vaccinations. I previously worked for a large state institution for young adults with learning disabilities. Hep A, B and yearly Flu vaccines are a requirement for employment. The only allowed exceptions are for religious restrictions. Believe me, the state would not fund these if they did not think they were safe,  effective and needed. When I started seeing my IDS concerning my HepC she was pleased that I had already been vaccinated for A & B to protect my liver from another invader. A & B are everywhere in the general population and like C most people don't know they are infected until they are sick. While it is a personal choice, I truly believe vaccinations are needed.
I am glad that both of you are animal lovers because they need so much help these days. Luckey, you are being responsible and keeping yours safe and Meredith you are involved in helping the neglected ones. If more people were like you both then the shelters would not be overflowing.
Bucky

I HAVE SLAYED THE DRAGON.....CURED SVR24!

Offline Lukey

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 01:22:36 pm »
Congrats on the SVR Bucky.

I can't see getting HBV vaccine if I'm not going to be exposed to it or at high risk for it. If you want to show me how I would possibly get HBV, go ahead.
I do NOT eat out at restaurants.
I do NOT eat raw seafood.
I do NOT share body fluids with anyone, or needles.

As far as I can see, HBV is contracted the same way HCV is, and I'm not at risk for it through those methods of transmission, nor will I be tempted to be.

Before I came here, I had not been to many doctors or taken any meds at all. Harvoni is why I am here because so far I have not been able to clear Hep C. Most of you are probably much different, and probably routinely take OTC and Rx meds. I do NOT. I had 2 root canal teeth extracted last week and I refused post procedure pain meds, and did just fine without them. I prefer to eat high quality foods & take supplements to prevent illness, not take pills and vaccines.

I know how MDs tend to push vaccines and meds. This is all a great way to make Big Pharma even richer but I'm not convinced I need HBV vaccine and I refuse to be herded up like a sheep based on the hearsay testimony of a few people on the internet..

I could possibly get the HBV shots, but my mind isn't made up about it yet. Just because so & so got Hep B isn't reason enough for me to think I need HBV vaccine.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 01:24:08 pm by Lukey »

Offline Lukey

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 01:37:20 pm »
See, one Catch-22 I don't want to fall into is that most MDs that push meds and vaccines are doing it in regard to the "typical American" which eats junk food, does not exercise, is overweight, out of shape, has poor immunity and seems to catch every illness that goes around. I take much better care of myself than "the typical American" and am in better health  than "TTA", which gives me the impression the HBV vaccine may be overkill if I got it.

Joe
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 02:41:00 pm by Lukey »

Offline Bucky

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 01:49:17 pm »
Hello Lukey,
I am very much like you in the many regards concerning eating out or other risky behaviors. The Director of DHHS instituted the vaccination rule for all high risk employees. We had several people at work who were opposed to the mandate but complied to retain their jobs.
On a cautionary note, you need to be very careful with supplements as some of them are not recommended for people in treatment or with liver damage. If you don't mind revealing it, what is your Fibrosis rating?
Also, I forgot to ask in my last post about your cats. What are their names and how old are they?
Bucky

I HAVE SLAYED THE DRAGON.....CURED SVR24!

Offline Mike

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 02:33:47 pm »
I got the Hep A & B vaccinations as soon as I learned I had HCV. The reason why was pretty simple: The last thing you want to contract if you have HCV, is another form of hepatitis.

This was especially true when the cure rates for HCV were low, and the potential for a life-long infection were high.

The vaccinations are a proactive step one can take to avoid contracting another liver-killing virus, which would be extremely deleterious to the HCV-infected person.

While a healthy life-style may reduce the risk of contracting HAV and/or HBV - it is not a guarantee.

This is why many individuals opt for the vaccination - it's like a proactive insurance policy against an unforeseen threat.

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline Lukey

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 02:58:27 pm »
Hi Bucky,

I had a biopsy in 1990 and at that time I had little to no damage. That's all I can tell you about that. They've said I have no inflammation in the liver area.

I'm not taking many supps during my Harvoni Tx, just a few of the bare essentials like a little Vit C, Magnesium, Vit E, and some B Comp,

My cats are Lukey and Cubby, about 8 and 5. I spoil them and I enjoy their company a lot. They are the only real family I have, so you can see why I love them. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike - I'll look into what the ingredients are in these vaccines, and if they check out OK I may go ahead and get them. Other than the HBV vaccine, I doubt I'd get any vaccines. :)

No way I'd do another flu shot. I don't care what ppl say about flu shots, they ALWAYS gave me the flu. MDs say "that's impossible" but it's NOT impossible because it happened to me at least 2x. That can really turn me off to MDs, when a flu shot makes you sick for a week and they tell you "that's impossible". It's then that I say "OK then, seeya".

Joe

Offline Lukey

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2015, 04:49:43 pm »
Found some info on vaccine ingredients.

This is what is found in one brand of Flu shot :

phosphate-buffered saline solution, thimerosal, ovalbumin, formaldehyde, sodium deoxycholate

"thimerosal" has to do with Mercury, or is Mercury.

Formaldehyde is what embalmers use to preserve dead bodies.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what's in one brand of HBV vaccine :

aluminum hydroxide, yeast protein, phosphate buffers, sodium chloride, disodium phosphate, dihydrate, sodium dihydrogen

The other brand has 2 things in the ingredient list : formaldehyde and yeast protein.

Aluminum   Aluminum is used in vaccines as an adjuvant, which helps the vaccine work more quickly and more powerfully.

Formaldehyde   Formaldehyde is used in vaccines to inactivate the virus so the person being innoculated does not contract the disease

Thimerosal  Thimerosal is an organomercury compound used as a preservative

http://vaccines.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=005206#formaldehyde

Joe
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 04:54:20 pm by Lukey »

Offline Mike

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2015, 05:08:50 pm »
Here's a list of organic, natural foods that contain formaldehyde:

Apple 6.3 – 22.3
Apricot 9.5
Banana 16.3
Beetroot 35
Bulb vegetables (e.g. onion) 11.0
Cabbage 5.3
Carrot 6.7 – 10
Cauliflower 26.9
Cucumber 2.3 – 3.7
Grape 22.4
Green Onion 13.3 – 26.3
Kohlrabi 31
Pear 38.7 – 60
Plum 11.2
Potato 19.5
Spinach 3.3 – 7.3
Tomato 5.7 – 13.3
Water-melon 9.2
White Radish 3.7 – 4.4
Shiitake mushroom (dried) 100 – 406
Shiitake mushroom (raw) 6 – 54.4

Mike
Genotype 1a
Cured July 2014

Offline Lukey

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2015, 05:31:43 pm »
Got a link for that Mike?

Is that supposed to be milligrams of formaldehyde?

I'd like to find out how many millgrams of it are in typical HBV vaccine.
Injecting formaldehyde into the body could very well be worse than eating whole foods that contain it.

Joe

Offline Lukey

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2015, 06:39:21 pm »

It's probably not enough formaldehyde to be an issue. There are only 3 shots of it.
I wold opt for the one with only formaldehyde and no aluminum if possible.

Offline Mike

Genotype 1a
Cured July 2014

Offline Ronaldo

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2015, 01:20:04 pm »
   This is the first time I have heard anything about pets. My wife and wives of many friends have never been infected after 30-40 years of marriage. They had children that never became infected. I love my dog but that is something I won't be losing any sleep over. Onward through the fog.

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
  • Get tested, get treated, get cured, fight Hep c!
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2015, 01:35:20 pm »
Hi Ronaldo

Not sure what you mean about pets this seems to have turned into a discussion on the merits of vaccination in general not of transmitting hep c to pets in case that is what your are thinking.

Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2001 Interferon Riba null response
2003 Pegintron Riba trial med null response
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
2014 12 week Sov/Oly relapse
10/14 fibroscan 27 PLT 96
2014 24 weeks Harvoni 15 weeks Riba
5/4/15 EOT not detected, ALT 21, AST 20
4 week post not detected, ALT 26, AST 28
12 week post NOT DETECTED (07/27/15)
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
24 week post NOT DETECTED! (10/19/15)
44 weeks (3/11/16)  fibroscan 33, PLT 111, HCV NOT DETECTED!
I AM FREE!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.