Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:34:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 134
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 92
Total: 92

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Fighting to get my last four weeks of Harvoni  (Read 36753 times)

Offline amy1662

Fighting to get my last four weeks of Harvoni
« on: January 21, 2015, 07:07:17 pm »
I am so frustrated and a nervous wreck right now. I was approved back in November for twelve weeks of Harvoni through Aetna and get assistance with my copay through Gilead.  I was notified through my pharmacy that they are having problems getting my last four weeks approved through Aetna. What happened is our Aetna plan changed on January 1st. I have a whole new ID number along with a larger deductible. I knew prior to starting Harvoni that these changes were going to be taking place and  was worried I would have a problem like this so I contacted Aetna and asked if there would be any issues before I started the treatment.  I was told there would not be any issues and that it would carry over onto my new Aetna plan. Not so. I called Aetna today to find out the problem and was told that my prescription needs authorization.  In other words it needs to be approved all over again because my prior plan expired the end of December. They also told me that approvals are only good for that year. I lost it. I said look you guys approved me back in November for twelve weeks of this medication and told me I would not have any issues when my plan changed. I am almost at the end of my eighth week with only four pills left if I don't get the rest of my medicine I am at risk of relapsing. I told them it is detrimental to my health. I said you guys already approved me for this and I am almost done. My last four weeks and your going to do this to me. They said it could take seventy two hours before they get an answer in the approval department. I get my prescription mailed to me through Burmans pharmacy. with only four pills left 72 hours is too long and there is a chance they can deny me. I don't know what else to do. I was told just to call back every day to see whether it went through. Does anybody have any advise that can help me at this point. I was undetectable at four weeks into this treatment. I don't want to be shortchanged on my chances of beating this. I have relapsed in the past. I am so sick over this and will probably have a hard time sleeping tonight. Want to cry. I don't understand how these insurance company s can do this to people. its just not fair. 

Offline Amj1951

Re: Fighting to get my last four weeks of Harvoni
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 07:21:50 pm »
Call Gilead (sp). They have a reduced help plan and maybe if you get your doctor to call with you, perhaps you can get approval thru them for the rest because they already have record of the prior approval right? I would be at my doctors office with phone and numbers in hand when they open in the morning insisting that he /she help me.

I hope you can get this to work. Maybe someone else knows another avenue.. but that's a great place to start. Call them directly. I think they open at like 8 or 9 eastern.
Good luck,
Meredith

Offline Amj1951

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 07:24:21 pm »
Btw.. did you get a letter of approval from Aetna? I am with Cigna and I got one. I would find that too if you have it. Mine states how long the treatment is and that my approval is for 3 consecutive months. (Im on 12 weeks.)

Good luck!

Offline amy1662

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 08:16:54 pm »
Thank you for the advice Meredith, I am going to be on the phone with them first thing in the morning. I never got an official approval letter but my doctor did. I am going to contact him as soon as the office opens. I am just so nervous with only four days of Harvoni left. I would have never let it get to four days if I thought there was going to be an issue. The pharmacy told me they would notify me if there was ever any problems with the prescription. I had called them last week to see when I would be getting my next order and was told they would have it here on Monday. When it didn't come I called them and they said that it hadn't been shipped yet and that it was still being worked on. They asked how many pills I had left and told me they where just waiting on Aetna. They said give it till Wednesday. I called today and was told they are having issues with the insurance that's when I called Aetna. Now here I sit just waiting  :'(

Offline Red Hen

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 08:22:57 pm »
Amy1662, Terrible of the insurance company! See if your doctor will call Gilead with you tomorrow. Very upsetting and might be worth having an attorney contact Aetna tomorrow as well. Try to get some rest.
genotype 1a
completed 12 weeks Viekira pak and ribavirin
final results due around the end of April
Undetected 12 weeks post treatment!

Offline ma snart

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 08:43:54 pm »
Our insurance did the same thing, got hold of the pharmacy and they said everyone's insurance has to be reauthorized at the beginning of new year, they stayed on the phone with insurance and got it approved in about 45 minutes.   hope for the same with you....
I too was about to have a cow over this...
Good luck
Helen 54 yr old female
Geno 1B since 84 from transfusion
started Harvoni on 11-22-14 with 8.5 million viral
After 8 days 933 viral and normal AST and ALT
Week 10 viral load  UNDETECTED
Week 17    detected 19
Week 18    detected 21
Week 20    UNDETECTED   Doctor did prescribe Ribavirin, but have not taken it yet as we are thinking that weeks 17,18 had to have been mishandled.
All other test have shown normal levels.
Week 21 results  on Tuesday 4-21
Week 4 post Harvoni 24 week plan UNDETECTED!!

Offline amy1662

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 08:46:39 pm »
Thank you I am going to call my doctor and see what he can do for me. I also thought about an attorney if I don't get my medication or have a lapse in my treatment and relapse because of this. I hate to have to go that route and hope I don't have too. I hope I can get this all resolved by tomorrow. Thank you Red Hen

Offline amy1662

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 09:03:29 pm »
I am going to make sure my pharmacy is doing all they can too. I didn't know the re-authorization was going to happen or be such a process more than halfway through treatment. Thank you Ma snart I feel a little better knowing that you were able to get re authorized. It gives me hope.

Offline Islandgirl

• Started Harvoni 12/3/14 - EOT 2/25/15
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 10:32:47 pm »
I'm sorry you're having so much trouble getting the rest of your meds!  I don't believe it's true that every company has to be re-certified at the beginning of the year - or mine was done without me knowing about it. 

I have Humana Complete Medicare PPO and got a letter in November 2014 from them saying I was approved for 3 months and that the authorization was good until 2/18/15.  Today my specialty pharmacy got approval from Humana to refill my prescription and I should receive it on Monday.  This will be my 3rd and final bottle.  I do believe getting the pharmacy involved is the key - it's sure the quickest way to find out if insurance approval of the next bottle is going to be a problem or not. 

I'm about to have a cow over this too -- just thinking about what you're going through.  I'm sending you positive energy and prayers, this is the time to show your tenacious side, stay determined and keep us posted.  ...Islandgirl
1b, treatment naive, positive for Hep C since 1994; thought to be transmitted via blood transfusions in 1976
Started Harvoni 12/3/14, EOT 2/25/15
12/31/14 labs - Virus Undetected, ALT/18, AST/34
3/25/15 labs - 1 mo post 12 wk Harvoni TX Virus Undetected!!  :) ....Islandgirl

Offline Islandgirl

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 10:34:07 pm »
I'm sorry you're having so much trouble getting the rest of your meds!  I don't believe it's true that every company has to be re-certified at the beginning of the year - or mine was done without me knowing about it. 

I have Humana Complete Medicare PPO and got a letter in November 2014 from them saying I was approved for 3 months and that the authorization was good until 2/18/15.  Today my specialty pharmacy got approval from Humana to refill my prescription and I should receive it on Monday.  This will be my 3rd and final bottle.  I do believe getting the pharmacy involved is the key - it's sure the quickest way to find out if insurance approval of the next bottle is going to be a problem or not. 

I'm about to have a cow over this too -- just thinking about what you're going through.  I'm sending you positive energy and prayers, this is the time to show your tenacious side, stay determined and keep us posted.  ...Islandgirl

Oops - looks like the site is double posting.  Sorry I don't know how to delete the duplication IG
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 10:36:11 pm by Islandgirl »
1b, treatment naive, positive for Hep C since 1994; thought to be transmitted via blood transfusions in 1976

Offline amy1662

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 11:27:24 pm »
Thank you Islandgirl I could sure use some positive energy right now. I was surprised they were doing a new authorization because back in November I was told by Aetna I would not need another one. My biggest concern was that my plan was changing to a higher deductible with a completely new member ID. When I called them today they ask me for my old member ID to look up the prior authorization on my medication. they told me that my authorization expired with my card. When I told them that back in November I was told my authorization would carry over to my new card they said its only good for the year its in. This makes no sense to me to have to go through this waiting game for another approval of a treatment I was already approved for and started. I'm sorry if I am going on and on about this just need to vent. I hope I can get this straightened out tomorrow I will let everyone know how it goes. I have a feeling its going to be a long day. Thank you for your support and for listening. Amy

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
  • Get tested, get treated, get cured, fight Hep c!
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 11:38:22 pm »
Call your prescription drug insurance line the number on the back of your prescription card.

I had the same thing I was only approved to Feb 12th but because I generally was a pain in the A** of Express Scripts I now have an advocate on the inside. They approved the extension without being asked.

Your prescription drug insurance is the hang up go to the source of the problem wait on hold get politely cranky. I got kinda frustrated/ angry /sad and asked if they want me to die or would they prefer paying for a liver transplant and if I survive paying for anti rejection drugs for the rest of my life.

That usually gets their attention
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2001 Interferon Riba null response
2003 Pegintron Riba trial med null response
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
2014 12 week Sov/Oly relapse
10/14 fibroscan 27 PLT 96
2014 24 weeks Harvoni 15 weeks Riba
5/4/15 EOT not detected, ALT 21, AST 20
4 week post not detected, ALT 26, AST 28
12 week post NOT DETECTED (07/27/15)
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
24 week post NOT DETECTED! (10/19/15)
44 weeks (3/11/16)  fibroscan 33, PLT 111, HCV NOT DETECTED!
I AM FREE!

Offline kate0b1

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2015, 06:01:44 am »
I just had some minor trouble with my pharm, (not the same as yours but they were not going to send my 3rd rx), I asked to speak directly (kinda nicely) to the pharmacist , she was super nice and super helpful and called my doc's office for the new scrip. (now they lost it again lol), but at least they were trying, my doc's office called AGAIN and i believe it is finally straightened out, if they can't help i'd go with call the support path @ gileard, someone had that info posted but i can't remember where. good luck today.
kate

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2015, 06:11:42 am »
http://www.mysupportpath.com

CALL 1-855-7-MYPATH (1-855-769-7284)

Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline kate0b1

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2015, 06:13:15 am »
lol @lynnk i knew you had it

kate

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2015, 06:18:53 am »
;-)
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline Amj1951

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2015, 07:38:39 am »
Wow I am surprised at the number of people approved, but then must fight the insurance company all over again. My liver doctor told me when my treatment started to call for my 2nd refill on the 14th day.. two week mark of first bottle and to do the same for the 3rd bottle. It makes sense... to make sure its all in order.

For future.. if you are just starting if you do not get the letter outlining your FULL treatment from the insurance company.. I would request it so you have it in hand and I would harass them till I had it.

But I say again.. I would be at the doctors with my phone and all the phones numbers for Gilead.. insurance etc.. and as they say.. The one who screams the loudest................. : )

Fingers crossed this all works out! Good luck!
Meredith

Offline amy1662

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2015, 09:34:03 pm »
Thank you everyone for your advice and support. Today I called my insurance company to see again what was going on. Of course it is still waiting for an approval. They told me that my doctor just faxed everything over yesterday and that is why it has not been approved yet. I said look this is a continuation of a prior authorization it is not like I am just starting treatment. I said I am down to three pills and need to be approved today in order to get my medication on time. She said she put me on their priority list and also noted that this is a continuation of medication to try and push it through. She said she sent an email to the department who is reviewing my file and I just need to be patient. She believes it will all go through by tomorrow. Well of course I lost it and said so all this is being done through an email. Do you people even look at your emails, I said this has been going on all week. I repeated that my Harvoni gets shipped and I cannot wait till tomorrow she then countered by saying my pharmacy should be able to overnight it to me and that if they cant she can set it up through Aetna to have it shipped to me overnight. I said this is BS I should not have to sit here worried sick to my stomach wondering if I am going to get my medication My life is on the line this is a disease can kill me and this treatment is my only hope. I said your own representatives told me there would not be any problems and here I sit. I asked to speak to a manager and of course she told me she was the manager and that she is doing all she can. She insisted again that it should be resolved by tomorrow and once its approved they will see it is shipped overnight. I said what if something goes wrong and its not approved she just repeated that she is doing all she can. I said I was calling the pharmacy and would call back later to see where it was at. I called Burmans which is the pharmacy I have been getting my medication from and spoke to Kristen who has been handling my case. She told me that they have been having nothing but problems with Aetna and that they are very slow with the authorizations. she said if she can't get Aetna to move on it by the end of today they will send me out a week of Harvoni to hold me over while they work on my approval. Tomorrow I will call to see If I am getting one week or my full prescription. I know I probably should have just called Gilead but I figured since the pharmacy is sending me something to hold me over I would give it one more day. Part of me is saying just wait the extra day and the other part is telling me I am making a mistake waiting. Tomorrow I will have two pills left with all this craziness. I understand why people need to notify their pharmacists and doctors halfway through their bottles. I promise if this is not resolved by tomorrow I will call Gilead. I feel a little better knowing I am getting a week to hold me over but I wont be totally myself till I have it all. Thank you everyone for listening to me you have all been a big help. I will let you know tomorrow how everything went. Thank you all for being there for me, Amy

Offline Islandgirl

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2015, 09:54:20 pm »
My stomach is in knots too just thinking about what you're going through!  My last bottle is supposed to ship tomorrow to be here Monday, after hearing what you are still going through, I'll be checking off and on tomorrow until I get a tracking number!  I'm praying for you.  Take some deep breaths and focus as positively as possible, feel a big hug, I know you need one for sure.  Hoping for a better report tomorrow!  ...Islandgirl

Offline amy1662

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2015, 10:04:29 pm »
Thank you Islandgirl, I will let you know how it goes, I am taking deep breaths thank you for your prayers. I am glad yours will be on the way.

Offline Islandgirl

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2015, 10:20:01 pm »
May the world hug you today
With its warmth, and love
And may the wind carry a voice
That tells you there is a friend
Sitting in another corner of the world wishing you well!

Try to get a good night's sleep so you feel rested and strong when you tackle the day tomorrow!  May the world hug you every day 8)  ...Islandgirl
PS, this is a quote from a friend's email to me.  It seems so fitting to share with you and with our Forum Family :) IG

Offline kate0b1

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2015, 06:14:57 am »
agh, I'm on pins and needles also. I'm glad someone at least is trying to help you, its a scary thought not to have those pills, as i said i was having some minor trouble (comparatively) and i started hounding them the day i got my second bottle lol. keep us posted.
kate

Offline Red Hen

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2015, 11:19:20 am »
Amy, I'm so glad your pharmacy will give you some pills to tide you over. That's a step in the right direction. Horrible how so many people are fighting for proper treatment from insurance companies. My thoughts are with you. Stay strong.
genotype 1a

Offline amy1662

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2015, 05:16:21 pm »
Hello everyone, I just wanted to let you know that my last four weeks of Harvoni was finally approved. I just received the seven day supply I was promised to hold me over and expect the rest to come next week. Pretty scary I was down to two pills today. Thank you all for being there. I guess I panicked when I was told it was waiting for another authorization with only a few pills left. I just remember how hard it was the first time. I hope no one else has to go through this. I now know in the future refills on this type of medication needs to be started no later than two weeks before it is due. Thank you so much everyone for all your support. Now I can sleep much better tonight knowing it will be here. I don't think I will have any more issues but if I do I will let you know. Thank you again,  Amy  :)

Offline kate0b1

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2015, 05:18:56 pm »
gosh amy, i think we will all sleep better tonight now, I'm so glad it worked out and you are set.
 ;D
kate

Offline Islandgirl

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2015, 05:24:00 pm »
Yea!  Amy, I'm so happy for you!!!!   I just called and got the tracking number for my last bottle, which I probably drove them crazy over since I wanted to be sure I didn't wind up with problems like you encountered.  We'll all sleep better tonight knowing you're all set!  Great news! ....Islandgirl

Offline BattleTheBeast

• Female, 57 - SVR12 as of 7/23/15!!
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2015, 05:49:09 pm »
Harvoni bottle #3 arrived safely via FedEx today, it's a good day :)

Islandgirl,

Wow, two more months I will get to say this is my last bottle or my bottle next month may be my last; we shall see how the insurance Company deals with my craziness :)

It's sure been a journey so far and I am so grateful to all of you!! It must be so exciting and scary all at the same time!

Amy,

Way to advocate for yourself and get your last bottle. We are not quitters here!

Mel
~Mel~
Hep C, Type 1, 10/11  viral load 8,238,340, AST-60, ALT-57 Bili .6  Stage 4 cirrhosis,
Week 4 VL <15 AST 20 - ALT 27 Bili .9
Week 9 - switched to Harvoni VL UD!! AST 20 ALT 19

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
SVR 12 is 7/23/15 ACHIEVED!!! 
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline Mike

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2015, 06:06:05 pm »
That's great news, Amy!  :)

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline Long_Haul

• Slayed the Dragon
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2015, 09:24:27 pm »
Congratulations Amy on getting that taken care of.  Breathe easier now.

Sleep well tonight,

AL
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 10:40:45 pm by Long_Haul »
Genotype 1A

Diagnosed 1989
Biopsy-cirrhosis stage 4 2000, no starting VL this round

3 rounds of Int+Rib
(Combo/48wks,Peg/26 Wks,Triple with Incivek/16wks)
UND with Incivek, Relapsed
Started 12 weeks Harvoni and Rib Jan 2nd,2015
4 weeks Undetected
8 weeks Undetected!
EOT at 12 weeks Undetected
EOT at 24 weeks STILL UNDETECTED
Completed TX Mar 26th,2015

EOT plus 4 weeks UNDETECTED
EOT plus 12 weeks UNDETECTED !!!!!!!!!!! I am DONE!

NO LONGER a member of the "WAITING GANG"

Offline Red Hen

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2015, 10:14:21 pm »
Good news, Amy! Glad you got it straightened out.
genotype 1a

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2015, 12:23:56 am »
So glad to hear you got the meds now go out there and beat up some dragons

You have them on the run!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 12:43:00 am by Lynn K »
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline badbradley

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2015, 12:39:46 am »
Harvoni bottle #3 arrived safely via FedEx today, it's a good day :)
Hi Mel,
Glad to see this! Hate that people have to deal with this B.S. of wondering if they're going to get their needed meds! Happy for you.
Brad
Geno 1a
Sov/Oly 12wks - relapse
Har/Riba 12wks
Alt-16  Ast-17 SVR - 12
Alt-15  Ast-14 SVR - 24

Offline BattleTheBeast

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2015, 09:53:22 am »
Hi Brad,

Thanks, it's always a good thing when the next bottle arrives. I'm honestly ok with whatever happens with bottles 5 and 6, I figure with the 8 full weeks of S/O and 16 weeks of Harvoni I will get my 24 weeks treatment at the minimum and if by some miracle I get bottles 5 & 6 as prescribed I am really lucky and have to beat this beast!

One way or the other I will win this battle!

Mel
~Mel~
Hep C, Type 1, 10/11  viral load 8,238,340, AST-60, ALT-57 Bili .6  Stage 4 cirrhosis,

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline amy1662

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2015, 12:26:56 am »
Thank you everyone for all your support. it was pretty scary thinking I may not get the rest of my medicine. Glad I had you all there to help me through it. Amy

Offline Islandgirl

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2015, 06:10:04 pm »
I just received my 3rd/last bottle about 30 minutes ago!  After all Amy and others have gone through, it's a huge relief to have this in hand (was down to my last 2 pills)!!! 

Mel, I'm so happy for you and hope to continue to get what you need to finish up - you remain such a wonderful inspiration for us all!

Amy, you really had a rough time of it but sure gave us all a big wake up call to reinforce that we need to be on top of our meds and proactive  - leaving nothing to chance - thanks for sharing; it helps us all.  Now to focus on kicking some dragon A into oblivion! :) :) :) ...Islandgirl

Offline BattleTheBeast

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2015, 06:23:36 pm »
@Islandgirl - it feels so good when that bottle arrives, the stress falls off for another 3 weeks :)

@Amy - it's a team effort around here, we all hold each other up. I'm really in awe of some of the knowledge and compassion flowing around this forum.

Still waiting on the snow storm, suppose to be really heavy from 10:00 PM tonight so I will wake up to a foot or more of snow.. let's see who guessed right. The paid forecasters who normally get it wrong or the amateurs guys who normally get it right. Right now there is an 8" difference in their opinions....

Hot chocolate kind of night here....

Mel
~Mel~

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline Islandgirl

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2015, 06:39:59 pm »
Enjoy that hot chocolate, stay warm and safe :)

Saying an extra prayer that this storm won't hold up anyone's med shipment and that everyone gets through the bad weather in good shape!  Toasting you in hot chocolate... yum! :)  ...Islandgirl

Offline Long_Haul

• Slayed the Dragon
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2015, 07:10:21 pm »
Going to be a good night for those of us in the Northeast to hunker down and stay warm.  To all, the hope for an uneventful next few days,

AL
Genotype 1A

Diagnosed 1989

3 rounds of Int+Rib
4 weeks Undetected
8 weeks Undetected!

Offline amy1662

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2015, 08:43:11 pm »
Much to my surprise I received my last three weeks of Harvoni this morning. So happy no more worry. Time to celebrate with some hot chocolate and wait to see whether we get the snow that was predicted. Islandgirl,  I too hope this storm does not cause any delay for anyone who needs their medication. I usually receive my Harvoni UPS but this time it was an actual delivery man from the pharmacy which really surprised me. I wasn't even expecting it. I live in NJ the specialty pharmacy Burmans is in Brookhaven PA. I am glad I was here when it arrived. Its been one crazy unexpected experience after another. I am happy its here. Mel, I swear they use to predict the weather better 30 years ago. I don't know what happened must be the more advanced instruments they are using. Thank you again everyone for your well wishes. I hope everyone is safe at home tonight and comfortable, Amy   

Offline BattleTheBeast

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2015, 08:47:50 pm »
Great news Amy!!

Cheers with the Hot Chocolate, perfect night for a treat!

Stay home and out of the cold and snow for the next 36 hours!

Since Sandy I have been following this guy Jonathon Carr (JC) and he's always on the money with the weather: http://www.weathernj.com/

Mel
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 08:49:55 pm by BattleTheBeast »
~Mel~

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline sunrise

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2015, 09:16:06 pm »
Good evening warriors
         Looks like everyone is getting into their warm jammys and settling in for the storm. Glad you all got your meds on time. That can be very stressful as our lives depend on them at this juncture. 
        I should be getting my 4 week post tx lab work results tomorrow or sometime this week. Im so scared as my digestive issues are bothering me. Guess I just have to wait and see. Mel now o have to go get some cocoa and make hot chocolate! Maybe it will sooth my tummy....

Offline BattleTheBeast

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2015, 09:21:19 pm »
Sunrise,

Stop worrying, it's just your body readjusting!! Chocolate fixes all woes!!!

Mel
~Mel~

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline sunrise

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2015, 09:43:12 pm »
Yup just got back from the store and sipping hot cocoa as I write. Thanks Mel.

Offline BattleTheBeast

« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2015, 10:06:20 pm »
See what my one little suggestion started? We are all on the hot cocoa tonight!! Wish I had some marshmallows!
~Mel~

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline Mott the Hoop

« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2015, 10:31:37 pm »
Howdy all , first time here  . What's the best way to get a question answered ?

Offline Islandgirl

« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2015, 10:43:36 pm »
How about just asking it?  :)  Usually more than one answer will follow.

Welcome aboard, Mott the Hoop
...Islandgirl

Offline Mott the Hoop

« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2015, 11:20:40 pm »
Keep it simple , eh!  :) I finally figured out how to start a post , I'm a bit slow but persistent with this tech stuff ! Thanks

Offline Islandgirl

« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2015, 11:33:01 pm »
You're welcome :)  You'll find we are all levels of experience with this tech stuff.  No one is judging, we all just try to understand and do what we can to help, empathize or support each other.  I remember being just where you are and not sure how some things work yet.  Just give it a try and you'll find lots of help here.  I'm out for the night as I have an early morning.  Sleep well everyone. ....Islandgirl

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2015, 11:38:52 pm »
Hi Mott

Welcome to the group and ask away!
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline kate0b1

« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2015, 06:18:10 am »
@sunrise, fingers crossed for you today  8) (mel get the purple ink ready)
@mott, jump in there is no judgement here and pretty much all questions will get many answers.
@amy and island girl, i called yesterday to set up my last shipment (should come feb 2nd) yes BIG heads up to stay on top of things.
hope everyone made it through the storm (we barley got any, soo happy).

kate

Offline Amj1951

« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2015, 07:18:04 am »
Hi Mott, It gets easier every time you come on : )

Kate what is not as much snow as your expecting? The news says it'll be coming down all day? You get 2-3 inches? O wait that would be a good snow in Dallas! The only time we see the snow you are getting is when we go up to Colorado. I haven't thought to ask if you ski?

Does anyone ice fish? We want to try that.

I am glad everyone 'here' is getting their pills. My 2nd bottle comes tomorrow. I wish we could get them all at once so we don't have that concern. Its so upsetting when I see others having to fight for their 2nd and 3rd bottles. When you are approved they know right then its going to roll over to the new year for some and it should be dealt with right then. I was trying to figure out how quickly I can order my 3rd bottle. I saw a post that Cigna, who I am with makes you wait 21 days. I think I'll make it my mission to find out today.

I always feel a bit guilty because I don't have any side effects to the report other than I get up before the chickens. I've thought a number of times, if I had been born a guy and worked in construction, I could have added on 2-3 rooms with all this energy! : )

Meredith

Offline Islandgirl

« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2015, 07:50:15 am »
Good morning everyone!
Sunrise, I'm thinking of you this morning and wishing you a sunshine day and great test results!  Yes, it's scary, when my doc said "undetected" I could hardly take it in, I kept looking at the test results all day to reassure myself that it really said that :)  It's going to be a good day for you too, I just know it!

Meredith, I wish I had some of that energy you talked about!  I don't have many sides - headache now and then, some stomach issues, but off and on feel drained of energy in spite of sleeping like a log.  Not much to complain about and considering there's probably still a tremendous battle going on in my body (as my TLC Rx nurse described it) I'd say it's nothing at all :)

Hope everyone stays safe and warm.  Here on the Island (NE FL) it's 41 and feels like 39, colder than I like, but I'll take it 8)  ...Islandgirl

Offline sunrise

« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2015, 02:58:31 pm »
Thanks kate thanks islandgirl
            Its a beautiful day and I hope you are all doing well.
You're right, just have to be pisitive im negative! How are you doin Mel? It seems like hit and miss with the snow.

Offline amy1662

« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2015, 03:52:04 pm »
Thank you for the weather link Mel I am most definitely going to check it out. We did not get the big snow that was initially predicted but that's OK. Woke up to about an inch and a half (Chuckle). I love the snow but the thought it may prevent someone from getting their medicine took over so I was happy to see less. I am praying for everyone further up north that they make it through this storm OK.

If you have any Questions Mott The Hoop go ahead and ask you are surrounded by a very knowledgeable group of people here who are very caring and supportive. You will never be left alone, Amy

Offline BattleTheBeast

« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2015, 03:55:56 pm »
Thank you for the weather link Mel I am most definitely going to check it out. We did not get the big snow that was initially predicted but that's OK. Woke up to about an inch and a half (Chuckle). I love the snow but the thought it may prevent someone from getting their medicine took over so I was happy to see less. I am praying for everyone further up north that they make it through this storm OK.

If you have any Questions Mott The Hoop go ahead and ask you are surrounded by a very knowledgeable group of people here who are very caring and supportive. You will never be left alone, Amy

You must be south of me Amy, we got about 5-6" here but not the MEGA storm :) I am in Central NJ.

Mel
~Mel~

EOT date is 4/30/2015,
and SVR 24 ACHIEVED!!

Offline amy1662

« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2015, 04:24:09 pm »
I am in south Jersey Mel. I heard the people up north got much more snow than us southerners did. I know your going to be enjoying another cup of hot chocolate tonight. I plan on it. I am not to far from Philadelphia. Hope all is well and you can get around OK. Amy

Offline sunrise

« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2015, 04:37:51 pm »
Ok everyone
Doc called 4 week post tx UD! You all were right!
happy dance time! So I have 8 weeks not to worry about my 12 week test. My doctor thinks that I'm pretty much cured at this point.I hope everyone's comfortable in their home staying warm with the snow. Thank you all for the support ...Blessings Sunrise

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2015, 04:43:04 pm »
All right sunshine that is fantastic news. I am sure you know being SVR4 is a very good indication of treatment success congrats to you!

Wishing you good health and many happy years to come
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline sunrise

« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2015, 04:51:45 pm »
Thanks Lynn
      As well you and everyone fighting this disease. We should have many more years to enjoy. I hope I haven't been too much of a pill these last few months. It has been a tough year. Blessings. .Sunrise

Offline Islandgirl

« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2015, 04:57:45 pm »
Happy Sunshine Day for Sunrise!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy for you!  Lynne, Sunshine, that's what my doc said too - "that being UD/SVR4 means that I'm pretty much cured" too.  I'm doing a happy dance for you - for all of us who have reached this huge milestone.  Think of this happy dance as a sort of "rain dance" to bring us all to UNDETECTED status!  Keep on dancin' 8)  ...Islandgirl

Offline sunrise

« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2015, 05:02:13 pm »
Thanks so much Islandgirl
           This is huge, I hope we all are cured. I am still in shock.

Offline Islandgirl

« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2015, 05:16:49 pm »
You're so welcome!  I know just how you feel -  when I got my labs back, all day long I just had to look at the report off and on to be sure it really said "undetected", it's like I couldn't really believe it could be true.  Whenever I hear one of us has reached undetected, I'm so happy for the person it's like it's for me too - joy just overflows 8)  ...Islandgirl

Offline Long_Haul

• Slayed the Dragon
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2015, 05:17:52 pm »
Great news Sunrise,  :D it makes a the hard work worth it. You deserve it!

AL
Genotype 1A

Diagnosed 1989

3 rounds of Int+Rib
4 weeks Undetected
8 weeks Undetected!

Offline sunrise

« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2015, 05:28:15 pm »
Thanks so much Long haul
   I feel thankful,  so thankful. I also feel alittle guilty as this was my 1st go around with treatment.  It wierd as if a blessing that i didn't find out til last summer, at least diagnosed. This time you will be cured. Sovaldi and Harvoni are the game changer. We are so lucky to have lived with this virus long enough to see the cure. You people are the best, the absolute best. ..Sunrise

Offline Long_Haul

• Slayed the Dragon
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2015, 05:40:00 pm »
Hi Sunrise, please throw away any guilt you may have and take a double order of joy to replace it :D. No one deserves HCV and you should never feel guilt for slaying the dragon! On to SVR12, and dance all along the way

AL
Genotype 1A

Diagnosed 1989

3 rounds of Int+Rib
4 weeks Undetected
8 weeks Undetected!

Offline Red Hen

« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2015, 07:07:14 pm »
Congratulations, Sunrise!
genotype 1a

Offline amy1662

« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2015, 10:29:53 pm »
Congratulation Sunrise!! I am so Happy for you now you can relax knowing your treatment is working. Time to celebrate with some hot chocolate  :)  Amy

Offline sunrise

« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2015, 10:39:17 pm »
Thanks Amy!
          I know I am still on shock. Oh I forgot about my hot chocolate.  Thank you for reminding me. Sending hugs to everyone that is withe on this journey. You are warriors,  and we will slay this beast! !
          Amazing how things are changing in the treatment landscape.  Just a year ago we wouldn't be here telling about our recovery. ...Blessings to all...Sunrise

Offline sunrise

« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2015, 10:42:20 pm »
Oh and I didn't forget you Thanks Red Hen :) . Always so supportive. 

Offline kate0b1

« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2015, 06:42:10 am »
Oh my gosh sunrise, i was just thinking about you, crazy busy yesterday and no time to get here, I'm SO excited for you  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

kate

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.